Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 01:20 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,525,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, yeah, to you Hooters is a classy joint. I can respect that.
Ambiance - 5 stars

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2019, 01:21 PM

31,845 posts, read 17,803,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ambiance - 5 stars

Indeed. And props to you for not referring to it as 'fine dinning.'

Old 09-22-2019, 01:25 PM

50,883 posts, read 47,807,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
So, you experienced poor service in a restaurant? You are not unique, it has happened to everyone. Complain to the manager or don't go back are your options.

Complaining to a bunch of internet strangers is weird.
Isn't that what you are doing?

Old 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,703,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
So, you experienced poor service in a restaurant? You are not unique, it has happened to everyone. Complain to the manager or don't go back are your options.

Complaining to a bunch of internet strangers is weird.
Exactly. We get poor service, we don't go back. One time we ate at a Ruby Tuesday, service was very bad as waitress had to double as bar hop. Not her fault but managers fault. Food was not real good so we vowed to not go back. Fats forward 18 months and after hearing about new management we decided to try again. This time food was good but service was horrible. We waited 50 minutes for our food. Will never go back again.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:33 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,655,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Sooner than later restaurants will follow Olive Garden, Panera, McD, etc with tablets replacing waiters and waitresses and only have bus boys/girls and the cost of servers will be even less.

This is not what I’m looking forward to, unless we have another experience like we had this weekend.

Our experience was as follow;

- Ordered water without ice with lemon. We received water with ice without lemon. ( not a big issue but it shouldn’t be a big deal to bring what is ordered after writing down the order by waitress)

- Salad without croutons and no tomatoes. We received Salad with croutons (easily to take off so not an issue)

- Ordered side of mayo - after waitress came back three times to ask how everything was and each time asking for mayo, finally the mayo came after third time mentioning the mayo missing

- Ordered fries with one meal and was put on plate of another person- not delivered in separate bowl or plate

- Ordered side of rice and was placed on plate of wrong person

The waitress came every minutes to ask if everything was ok, interrupting our conversation every time.
Then she came and pick up all plates and wanted to take the plate of one person who wasn’t finished and offering to box up the meal, so the person asked if it was ok to finish the meal in the restaurant.

No appetizer was ordered and there were booth/tables available in this overall busy restaurant. we were in and out within 45 min- 1 hour so it is not that we didn’t order enough as some alcohol was ordered as well.

The waitress came with the bill before asking if we wanted dessert. The food is great at this restaurant and overall they have better waiters/waitresses. Usually a manager will come to your table to check if everything is ok, and we never had a manager come by. I assume the restaurant is cutting down on cost as many restaurants are opening in our booming area.

This weekend we wished we had a tablet to order and not the annoying waitress who came constantly to bother us with her questions and wrong delivered food.

No wonder our tip resembled the service and was based on the good meal as the cook needs to be getting some extra but tip was less than 20% which we usually tip. 15% is more than enough for this experience.

I’m starting to appreciate the Olive Garden tablet where you can pay at the table and at some of their restaurants can order on the tablet. Sorry waiters and waitresses, we come for the food and to enjoy our meal and conservations with friends.

We appreciate the good waiters/waitresses so much and hate their jobs to be cut due to the nuisance of bad waiters, waitresses that can’t wait for the finish line when you get the overly smiling sentence to thank you so much and have a wonderful evening, to see if that line will save the tip amount.
Life is hard, I know.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:42 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,944,991 times
Doesn't say much for the notion that tipping improves service.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:44 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,525,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Indeed. And props to you for not referring to it as 'fine dinning.'
I keep it classy.

I don't it eat out anyway. One, I'm an involuntary health nut. Two, I'm so damn cheap it takes me months of deliberating on whether or not to drop a few bucks on paper towels. Going out to eat would never make the first cut.

Old 09-22-2019, 01:55 PM

26,682 posts, read 29,035,877 times
I think tablets would be a good thing in a chain restaurant. You don't go there for the service or ambiance anyway. If you had a special request or dietary issue, as long as you could contact a human via the tablet, I think it would work. No tips either! Tipping is getting annoying and these places aren't getting the best servers anyway and then they're paying them peanuts.

Save the good servers for the real restaurants. The other day when we went out for Indian food, it wasn't a really fancy place, but it was nice. And the waiter was amazing--helpful, friendly, even got dh something he really wanted but that wasn't on the lunch menu, then when I didn't order a dessert, he brought me a little something anyway so I wouldn't feel left out while dh sat there eating his dessert. (I didn't eat it--gave it to dh, but it was thoughtful of him.)

Now THAT was nice. At the end, he was so interesting to talk to that we must have sat there for another ten minutes, enjoying every bit of it. The experience was a great addition to a great meal, even though it was just a lunch. We left a big tip. Usually I resent having to leave a tip--the food is expensive enough so why do we have to pay the servers also? But this person made me want to leave a tip.

Old 09-22-2019, 02:04 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,548,417 times
Given the way Alexa and Siri hear things, don't be too surprised when your "burger and fries" is "burger with flies"! Surprise!

Old 09-22-2019, 02:30 PM

33,638 posts, read 18,370,204 times
With automation , self driving cars, tractor trailers, cabs, waiters and waitresses a thing of the past, no clerks, supermarket checkers, so many areas replacing people, there will be robots making robots and no working people . Then there will be people on welfare with many less working people and no tax base.. then the poor people will have no money to buy all that the robots make . Doesn't sound like a good plan to me. All to save a few dollars , but putting masses of people out of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies