Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 10:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump lies all the time. And the coast guard isn’t an authority on hurricanes.
You don't think the Coast Guard knows anything about hurricanes?

How rich.

That is the strangest thing I have ever seen anyone post.

Really...……..the idea that people who navigate up and down and all around our coasts have no authority on hurricanes is simply bizarre.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Trump lies all the time. And the coast guard isn’t an authority on hurricanes.
Putting all that aside as well as my previous comments, are you saying the Coast Guard Rear Admiral is a liar?

Old 09-05-2019, 10:43 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
You don't think the Coast Guard knows anything about hurricanes?

How rich.

That is the strangest thing I have ever seen anyone post.

Really...……..the idea that people who navigate up and down and all around our coasts have no authority on hurricanes is simply bizarre.
No they don’t. They are tracked by weather satellites. Your post is the strangest I’ve seen not knowing how hurricanes are tracked and measured

Old 09-05-2019, 10:47 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I'm sure you guys did though:
Top 10 Obama Gaffes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Nice deflection but you do realize that this isn't about Obama right?

You do realize that wasn't the comment I was responding to right?

/thread; I'm done talking about the bizarre POTUS's the American people elect.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:48 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
That’s awesome!

And sadly soooo true.

Old 09-05-2019, 10:53 PM

Quote:
No they don’t. They are tracked by weather satellites. Your post is the strangest I’ve seen not knowing how hurricanes are tracked and measured
You think the Coast Guard doesn't have access to info from weather satellites?

Again, I ask you, do you think the Coast Guard Rear Admiral is lying? Why wont you answer this?

Old 09-05-2019, 10:55 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Did you read his statement.

He stated their were forecasts for tropical force winds in AL.

Are you saying that this Coast Guard Officer is a liar?

Yes or no...……...say it and own it.

Who cares what the frekin’ Coast Guard guppy said- Trump blurted out the wrong info. The NWS Hurricane Center forecast model at the time he said those remarks about Alabama showed the current track not impacting Alabama.

Instead of ‘Bloated POTUS’ simply saying ‘I erred’.. HE LIED and the made the lie WORSE by marking up the NWS map with a sharpie!

Trump supporters are full blown into the BS of this man.

Unreal. Wow..

Old 09-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I say it still doesn't explain why Trump made laughable falsifications to weather maps and pass it off on air as something real, as if anyone with a brain couldn't tell some lackey took a Sharpie to it.

An adult would have just said: "earlier projections included Alabama, storm changed course later and I didn't realize it at the time." and then moved on.

Trump shills are really on overtime spin with this one.
All I can tell you is that up until Sept 2 weather maps showed the potential for tropical storm force winds in AL.

No spin. Trump was not wrong.

Main stream media tried to make it out that he was wrong. Now we also have a US Coast Guard Rear Admiral verifying he was correct.

He fought back. Cant say I blame him.

YMMV.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:04 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
No, CNN's snark back at the white house was childish.

In any case, they were apparently wrong as we now have a statement from a US Coast Guard Rear Admiral that he briefed Trump and Trump was not mistaken that there was the potential for tropical force winds in AL.
What some have tried to communicate is that it doesn't even matter whether he's right or wrong because he's sinking himself because of the way he is handling this....that he keeps harping on it and won't let it go.

Of course if either of us had been accused of something that we didn't do, we would be shouting it from the rooftops. But we are Jane Q. Public/John Q. Public, and we generally don't need to take general public perception into account. One of Trump's problems is that he still reacts as though he's John Q. Public. He isn't. He's the POTUS. As such, everything he does will be scrutinized by someone. Any POTUS needs to have a calculation of when to let something go. Trump either doesn't understand this, or he just doesn't care, but he ignores this to his detriment.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
What some have tried to communicate is that it doesn't even matter whether he's right or wrong because he's sinking himself because of the way he is handling this....that he keeps harping on it and won't let it go.

Of course if either of us had been accused of something that we didn't do, we would be shouting it from the rooftops. But we are Jane Q. Public/John Q. Public, and we generally don't need to take general public perception into account. One of Trump's problems is that he still reacts as though he's John Q. Public. He isn't. He's the POTUS. As such, everything he does will be scrutinized by someone. Any POTUS needs to have a calculation of when to let something go. Trump either doesn't understand this, or he just doesn't care, but he ignores this to his detriment.
Yeah, I hear you, but I don't actually think him defending himself is to his detriment.

He is as I have said in all out war with the press, because they declared that war first.

You can disagree. Makes no never mind to me.

They will stop at nothing imo to make sure he is not reelected.

He will also stop at nothing he thinks will make them look like fools and ensure he is reelected.

Which one will win remains to be seen.

Right now the press is looking way more foolish than he looks imo especially now that he has a career military officer backing his story and its clear that they didn't even scratch the surface of doing their job.

Plus...….the AL national guard was preparing for hurricane impact. Really how do you explain that away?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies