Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For abortion or against?
For abortion 84 55.63%
Against abortion 67 44.37%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 10:08 AM

11,184 posts, read 6,563,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
As this poll shows... Even in the pro Trump right wing CD politics forum, abortion is a winning issue for the right. The GOP should make cutting off abortion access its 2020 platform
I'm sure the 'for abortion' votes are from the left wing.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:28 AM

10,794 posts, read 3,659,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm sure the 'for abortion' votes are from the left wing.
The question is phrased wrong. Very few, if any, people are actually "FOR" abortion. What most Americans are for is for the woman to have the right to chose. I will posit that most support her right the first trimester, that the support for abortion drops in the second trimester, and virtually none support that right to make that choice in the last trimester, and no doctor would perform such an abortion.

Of course, if the life of the mother is at risk, then most people would support abortion at any stage.

But you knew all of this, didn't you?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Agree, which is why right wingers should be supporting easy availability of birth control to reduce them
If left wingers cared about abortions being rarer, they should try figuring out how to get more women who don't want children to use birth control that's already easily available. Consider 1/2 of all abortions are for women who don't use bc. Even with typical bc failure rates, abortions would drop by a few hundred thousand/year if those women and sexmates used bc. No condom, no sex.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:24 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,168,361 times
Quote:
If left wingers cared about abortions being rarer, they should try figuring out how to get more women who don't want children to use birth control that's already easily available. Consider 1/2 of all abortions are for women who don't use bc. Even with typical bc failure rates, abortions would drop by a few hundred thousand/year if those women and sexmates used bc. No condom, no sex.
We have, education in schools, Planned Parenthood, BC covered by health insurance.....but right wingers don't like that.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,422,638 times
Not for abortion per say but in favor of the legality. Not going to vote.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
We have, education in schools, Planned Parenthood, BC covered by health insurance.....but right wingers don't like that.
Right wingers don't like it gets a big so what from me. Choicers who claim they care about the ''rare' in 'safe, legal, and rare' always have excuses for and divert from the fact that half of abortions are for women who didn't use any bc in the month they became pregnant. If unwanted pregnancy and abortions are so important, so heartbreaking, the woman and sexmate can surely pool their resources for a condom or 2 or 3. As I said, even with failure rate, reduce abortions by hundreds of thousands. Don't want a child or abortion, No condom, No sex.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,168,361 times
Quote:
Right wingers don't like it gets a big so what from me. Choicers who claim they care about the ''rare' in 'safe, legal, and rare' always have excuses for and divert from the fact that half of abortions are for women who didn't use any bc in the month they became pregnant. If unwanted pregnancy and abortions are so important, so heartbreaking, the woman and sexmate can surely pool their resources for a condom or 2 or 3. As I said, even with failure rate, reduce abortions by hundreds of thousands. Don't want a child or abortion, No condom, No sex.
Even using a condom requires education on the proper application......but let's nix that......because we don't want sex ed.

Sex ed, PP, insurance coverage would all help reduce the amount of women who don't use BC.

The right's answer to the problem?......just don't have sex.....yeah, that'll work.

Old 05-28-2019, 01:14 PM

27,224 posts, read 47,023,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I'm in the middle here. I think it should be legal under circumstances.
Why, if you are in the middle, didn't you put up another option?

Old 05-28-2019, 01:39 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,448,880 times
Quote:
Right wingers are the ones preaching ineffective "abstinence only" sex Ed and oppose more widely available contraception
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies