Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 01:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,528,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not trying to be mean, but your response sounds as though you are young and do not have much life experience.

This is a high level advisory. People are involved in government work, or military, or contract work over there. They aren't directing this to people who use Southwest Airlines and Carnival Cruise Lines.

Americans at Benghazi lost their lives under an attack some years ago during the prior administration. They probably would have appreciated a heads up so they could get out of there.
So you admonish the previous poster by suggesting she's naive then turn around and claim that U.S. government employees stationed in Libya were unaware that they could be killed at any second.

Merriam-Webster is going to use your post under the definition of "irony" henceforth. I'd ask for royalties if I were you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Get ready for another false flag attack. The US war hawks are trying to start and war and if they can't find a reason they will make one.

Remember the Gulf of Tonkin and the Weapons of Mass Destruction? Here we go again.

What's the reason? For one thing Trump needs a diversion. However, the major issues is the petrodollar and control over oil rich countries. Check it out. Iraq, it wanted to leave the petrodollar in favor of another system of payment. Gaddafi wanted to go to the gold backed dinar. US took them both out. The US has a list of oil rich middle east countries it plans to attack. Iran is next on the list. It's all about money. The war hawks don't give a crap about our children or grandchildren who will die in another useless war. Secondly Russia has a vested interest in Iran. One small mistake and it's all over for all of us.
Heads of states not on the petro dollar or who have threatened to abandon it have been getting Jimmy Hoffa'd by Uncle Sam for decades.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 AM

46,168 posts, read 27,837,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So you admonish the previous poster by suggesting she's naive then turn around and claim that U.S. government employees stationed in Libya were unaware that they could be killed at any second.

Merriam-Webster is going to use your post under the definition of "irony" henceforth. I'd ask for royalties if I were you.
Unaware of a planned attack... until it was too late...

It's either that, or the Administration knew about a possible attack and left them in harms way.

Which way do you want it? I don't think it's a good look either way.

Old 05-16-2019, 07:11 AM

38,856 posts, read 25,755,656 times
Lightbulb *** Iraq Travel Advisory Issued from State Dept. ***

Quote:
Iraq Travel Advisory

[i]Do not travel to Iraq due to terrorism, kidnapping, and armed conflict.

U.S. citizens in Iraq are at high risk for violence and kidnapping.
So, will this cause a big dip in Iraq's tourism industry?

Millions of Americans (and others) might now be making big changes to their summer vacation plans.

Ya think?

Old 05-17-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Unaware of a planned attack... until it was too late...

It's either that, or the Administration knew about a possible attack and left them in harms way.

Which way do you want it? I don't think it's a good look either way.
You're playing Team Red vs Team Blue here and I'm not interested.

Being employed by the U.S. government and living in Libya means you can be killed at any second. It's that simple.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:31 PM

46,168 posts, read 27,837,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're playing Team Red vs Team Blue here and I'm not interested.

Being employed by the U.S. government and living in Libya means you can be killed at any second. It's that simple.
There's a difference between living in south Florida and understanding that a storm can wipe you out - versus - an actual Cat 5 hurricane warning.

Old 05-20-2019, 03:47 PM

57,380 posts, read 26,561,915 times
That does it I’m cancelling my travel plans to Iraq.

So is this the only advisory, maybe there are others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies