Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:00 PM

38,043 posts, read 22,214,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I'm just curious about the rebuttal Trump supporters are going to come up with in regard to this study. You often hear them praise Trump as the most peaceful, loving, altruistic president ever, but they never seem to understand that much of the country sees his rhetoric differently. Personally, I think he ran a vile campaign - hitting the low point when he mocked the disabled NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski. It doesn't surprise me that you find a statistically significant effect of Trump rallies on hate crimes.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...es-where-trump

I challenge any Trump supporter to find a statistical/mathematical study that counters this evidence.
This is the kind of idiotic crap we get from deranged TDS afflicted leftists, still angry with Trump for beating Hilary

It's very helpful that Hilary ran such a horrible campaign, she hardly went anywhere to hold rallies. She skipped entire states. Hilary skipped states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, while Trump held many dozens of rallies, while Hilary sat on her ass and took the week off. So there's three states you can pretend Trump caused crime rates in. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2019, 07:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,153,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Let's repeat.

Hillary had campaign rallies/events in almost exactly the same counties as Trump.

Why is WaPo singling out Trump?
Because orange man bad.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:19 PM

2,954 posts, read 2,905,583 times
Ah yes "reported" hate crimes. I'm sure Jussie's is in there somewhere.

More funny is the fact that while "reported" hate crimes are up, "convicted" hate crimes are down. But you know, one kind of has to have facts, and evidence, and a reputable story line, and not pay his buddies to buy MAGA hats and beat him up...you know that stuff

But I forgive, maybe this analyst was so overwhelmed by her Borg-like intelligence she simply forgot to incorporate the most obvious statistic of all? I hear smart people do that some times

Old 05-14-2019, 04:52 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Being a conservative or republican or Trump supporter while merely existing is a "hate crime" these days so I say bring on the hate and destroy the stupidity.

I've seen zero evidence of increased anything except insanity on the left and by the MSM.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:37 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,398,709 times
They used an online map from the Anti-Defamation League as the basis for their data. Trump did a campaign rally in a nearby county, so I checked their data. It reported three incidents in the county from 2016-2019:

- Approximately 15 people participated in a "Build the Wall” rally
- Jewish individual received anti-Semitic comments after writing an article about Israel
- Man received Facebook message calling him a "filthy Jew," along with other anti-Semitic comments

None of these are crimes, much less "hate crimes". If you expand the definition enough you can "prove" anything.

Spot checking various locations, it appears that the most common "hate crime" reported is offensive flyers on college campuses.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:39 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
I'm just curious about the rebuttal Trump supporters are going to come up with in regard to this study. You often hear them praise Trump as the most peaceful, loving, altruistic president ever, but they never seem to understand that much of the country sees his rhetoric differently. Personally, I think he ran a vile campaign - hitting the low point when he mocked the disabled NYT reporter Serge Kovaleski. It doesn't surprise me that you find a statistically significant effect of Trump rallies on hate crimes.

I challenge any Trump supporter to find a statistical/mathematical study that counters this evidence.
The entire increase is Faked up and a shining example of TDS.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:50 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,939,964 times
Quote:
It would be irresponsible to make the claim of a causal relationship, but there is something happening here. Which makes it so discouraging Trump has such a blasé attitude about hate crimes.
I too would like to see the actual research paper, it may not be available yet.

It's very likely the authors were very aware they would receive peer reviews by colleagues on methodology etc.

They also seem to be aware of resistance based on politics, etc.

Quote:
But the three said that suggestions this effect can "be explained through a plethora of faux hate crimes are at best unrealistic."

"In fact, this charge is frequently used as a political tool to dismiss concerns about hate crimes," they said. "Research shows it is far more likely that hate crime statistics are considerably lower because of underreporting."

"Additionally, it is hard to discount a 'Trump effect' when a considerable number of these reported hate crimes reference Trump," the group continued. "According to the [Anti-Defamation League’s] 2016 data, these incidents included vandalism, intimidation and assault."

Old 05-14-2019, 05:56 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,224,575 times
I guess being white is a bad thing now. Being a Christian too. Being an American that wants laws followed and enforced too. Being a free-thinker too.

Old 05-14-2019, 06:14 AM

73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You mean the scope of what’s considered a “hate crime” has expanded 226%.
What if the scope of what's considered a hate crime HASN'T expanded? What then? What do you have to say?

Old 05-14-2019, 06:19 AM

7,816 posts, read 6,404,184 times
Step 1. Report a bunch of fake hate crimes.
Step 2. Claim bad orange man is the cause of an increase in hate crimes.

Activists planned this from day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies