Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 07:33 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times

Advertisements

I just read an article that states this as the truth. I find it shocking and repulsive.

What the hell are these Chinese doing here if they are so loyal to China at this juncture! I suppose they are here to capitalize on whatever it is that the USA has to offer them in the way of monetary gains. It is despicable that we are in debt to such a mercenary country...I would love to hear from some Chinese Americans on this issue. How do you people really feel about what China is doing in Tibet and Darfur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 07:38 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,145,685 times
Could you post a link to the article?

Old 04-12-2008, 08:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,118,610 times
Chinese-Americans demonstrate for brutality

I will be searching for more detailed info on this as this might be one man's opinion. Worth asking my original question though.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 04-12-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 04-12-2008, 09:29 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
No Chinese American I know, including myself, supports Mainland China's policies on Tibet or Taiwan. I can't stand their government's policies on most everything. And China should not be hosting the Olympics.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No Chinese American I know, including myself, supports Mainland China's policies on Tibet or Taiwan. I can't stand their government's policies on most everything. And China should not be hosting the Olympics.
China has as much a right to host the Olympics as the US does.

The OP is simply a stunning example of American arrogance and hypocrisy. Here is a country guilty of WAR CRIMES with a WAR CRIMINAL as President that dares lecture the world about respect for human rights. Without a doubt China is guilty of incredible human rights abuses, but the US is in no position to act as the moral authority here.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:51 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,868,710 times
The only Chinese I've met that support the PRC are exchange students and international students. Virtually all the rest have been ardent anti-Communists.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:51 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post

The OP is simply a stunning example of American arrogance and hypocrisy. Here is a country guilty of WAR CRIMES with a WAR CRIMINAL as President that dares lecture the world about respect for human rights. Without a doubt China is guilty of incredible human rights abuses, but the US is in no position to act as the moral authority here.
The Chinese are abusing and oppressing their own people. That is even worse and more disturbing than abusing outsiders imo. And if the Taiwanese don't want to be part of the mainland, then they shouldn't be made to. Taiwan is doing just fine on their own. And I mourn the loss of the old Hong Kong.

One other aspect of why China should not be hosting the Olympics is that there is so much air pollution in the areas that there are hosting the games. Some athletes are not attending due to valid health concerns.

Anyway, the simple answer to the thread's topic is I am against China's brutality.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:52 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,723,112 times
So what! The chicoms are no worse the Saddam was but I'm sure your not happy that we're in Iraq!!!!!! I can't get over some people. They don't want us in Iraq but they're ready for us to go to the mat with another major world power over some evil crap they pull!!!!????

Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,311,245 times
The answer to your question is Yes

Old 04-13-2008, 02:00 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,914,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post

Why did you even bring the U.S. into this? Whether or not America is the "evil empire" you think it is, it has no bearing on whether China is in the right or not. Or if China should host the Olympics. You strike me as the type that will use every opportunity to bash America.

To the OP: the Chinese living-abroad that I've met definately support the Olympics and many have feelings of Chinese solidarity. They admit and feel bad about human rights abuse but still feel they must support their country. I find it refreshing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies