Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 03:37 PM

22,170 posts, read 9,734,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hah, the thought that I would "defend to the death" the right of the Mercers to publish their trash on Breitbart, etc....is laughable.

Of course, that's what billionaires want - the little cannon fodder to protect their "rights" to take money from the commons and put our kids and grand kids in hock (see: Tax Cuts, etc.)....

No, I won't "defend to the death" your ability to say something. That is not only silly, but it is untrue. Wake up to the real world. Our latest wars have been about resources and geo-politics.

I'll change that saying to "you can think what you want, but if you say it around me don't expect me to like it".

Wow, amazing how folks live in these "talking point" worlds. You know, I'd bet Tucker would say that....that he'd defend to the death. I also bet he'd be the first to push someone out in front of him (or claim bone spurs).

Let's be real. Civility is part of the basis for a decent society.
Here are some better sayings to learn:
https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/civility
You're scary.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Were the Germans and many others throughout history stupid because they burned books?

Why was the GWB Admin trying to follow what books people took out of the library?

In practice, the difference between words and actions is like the difference between the paper bills in my wallet and the digital number on my bank app screen...which, is to say, NOTHING.
And you people call US conspiracy theory nutjobs?

Old 03-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Is it
Kind
Thoughful
Helpful
or Nessasary

if not, it probably shouldn't be said.
SO missing the point.

Old 03-29-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I guess you don't realize that I previously linked an article debunking the old "sticks and stones" quote about how words have no effect. They do and it can be as painful since we as humans can have emotional pain. People can only take so much emotional pain from someone using fighting words before responding in an a violent way. You seem to think that if we cannot control this natural instinct to protect ourselves and loved ones from pain, we are animals. The issue isn't as black and white. Never has, never will be. Only so many times you can be called a racial or sexual slur in your background before you react that way. If you don't, you're either a better man than I or you have your emotional brain shutoff completely Mr. Spock.
This make me laugh. I don't necessarily agree, but it was funny.

Old 03-29-2019, 04:58 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,038,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This make me laugh. I don't necessarily agree, but it was funny.
Well I don't see any other way. Humans are as emotionally controlled as anything. Not condoning what is done because of emotions, but emotions are heavy in how we react to things whether it is our normal response, bad timing with other problems or just something said one time too many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies