Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 10:18 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Clark* first found out that his 12-year-old daughter Maxine was being treated as a boy by her school when he saw her new name in her class’s grade seven yearbook. “Quinn” was the new name her counselor had helped her pick out, and Maxine’s school district in Delta, British Columbia, Canada, had decided that “Quinn” should be treated, for all intents and purposes, as a boy.

The district apparently felt justified in leaving Maxine’s father completely out of the loop. Maxine’s school district was operating by the BC Ministry of Education’s Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Policy, according to which Clark had no right to know his daughter’s “preferred sex, gender, or name” at school.

Presented with a fait accompli from the school district and a daughter who was becoming increasingly passionate about her transgender identity, Clark found himself in a difficult situation. He did not want to reject his daughter’s newfound passion outright but, at the same time, he was cautious about her moving into transgenderism too quickly.
Doctors: 14-Year-Old Needs No Parent Consent For Trans Hormones

But if she wanted an aspirin from the school nurse........
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 11:42 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Doctors: 14-Year-Old Needs No Parent Consent For Trans Hormones

But if she wanted an aspirin from the school nurse........
It really is mind-boggling. Do what you need to do once you are an adult (or even as a minor with your parents' permission). I am supportive of trans rights, but taking parents out of the equation of such a decision while the parents are still ultimately responsible for the health and well being of the child is disgraceful.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
When they are 18, they can change their body the way they want provided they have the money. Until then, screw getting such body changes.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:37 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
If a doctor told me that he didn't need my permission to inject my daughter, he would get his one warning that I don't need anyone's permission to bash his head in with a rock, and nor would anyone stop me.

That would be the end of the story, and it would not make it to the Federalist.

By the way, vast majority of children grow out of this nonsense, which is why we have to take on these mentally ill perverts who are trying to alter them for their own, selfish reasons:

https://californiahealthline.org/mor...nsgender-care/

Old 05-13-2020, 06:55 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
Unbelievable.

As is, all anyone can do is look across a chasm as wide as the Grand Canyon and say: "I want to be treated by society like that body over there is treated."

With absolutely no clue as what it means to be in that body. It's surgery to make the world act differently towards you. But with consequences to society, especially women (sports, etc)

And now they're letting kids make such decisions?

Can't have a beer until 21, but this is okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies