Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you hold your party or side to the same standards?
Yes, of course. 22 73.33%
No way. Double standard is my standard operating procedure 6 20.00%
I don’t know. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:13 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,259,496 times

Advertisements

It is not this or that but rather a calculation of the odds of several elements and what the contingency plans are after the vote.

Let's take the last election and then, Obama and Clinton. First, my primary reason to vote for Trump was that he was the best bet to keep Clinton out of the White House. Clinton who either cheated or allowed people to cheat for her. Clinton who disenfranchised voters or allowed others to do it for her.

I voted for Trump....and three days later, turned around and became a member of the ACLU, have made donations to GLAAD and other organizations.

Now, about Obama and Clinton; clearly, I do not like them. I did, however, stand up and support Obama when he was being treated unfairly. I stood up and defended Clinton when it was suggested that she should not be able to run because she was under investigation.

It is not just one or the other.

As far as holding others to my codes, I can't for mine is like that of Batman and quite high.

When I was in the service, one of my troopers was HIV positive. Rumor on the station was, it was the 80s, that if he went down, no one would go to his assistance. I resolved myself that I would for.........what kind of officer would I be to not go to one of my sailors in their time of need?

I cannot look down on someone who does not have as high of a moral code as I do; indeed, such distaste is not worthy of my moral code at all. I can only do what I know is right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 08:39 AM

31,080 posts, read 19,668,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Thanks for proving my point.

Trump signed the second biggest spending bill in history last April and is running record deficits during a supposed boom and all you can talk about is Nancy, Harry and Barack.

You're exactly what's wrong with the gop
The President doesn't pass spending bills, he only signs or doesn't sign the bills the Congress passes....and you continue to prove my point on how little educated Demonics are in Civics or economics. Trump had the choice of shutting down government or signing the spending bill....I wish he would have shut down government until 2025.

So I blame Nancy first as the head of Congress, McConnell next for compromising with Nancy and Trump for not shutting down government until our budget is balanced which is what I prefer.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:19 AM

13,002 posts, read 9,779,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Leftist Media sets the “standards” for The Sheeple. Citizens no longer have the capacity to think for themselves - the Media tells them what to think.

For Example - Non-Stop worship of Obama and Non-Stop Hostility & Hate for Trump.
We now have a Political Party that is Protesting against Jobs and Protesting for an Alien Invasion .... that the Media led Sheeple think that’s great. It’s insane.
And the non stop praising and kissing up to Trump by most on Fox News.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:35 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,986,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I’m not a member of any one party because there is no difference between them. However I am just as critical with either party. Trumps president not Obama, Hillary, or anyone other past presidents so he’s my target after he is out I’ll be just as critical as I was with Trump. Regardless of party affiliation.
Pretty much my take.
I was as critical of Obama when he was in doing the same things Trump is doing.

Other than theater, there is not a lick of difference between Trump and Obama.
They even created catchy slogans to fool the masses.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:36 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,986,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Obamas move to force every American to give money to a private health care corporation --of our choice...or face Federal penalty... was and is the greatest offence against each individual American in the history of our country.
He created kaos in every home.
You should talk to the lobbyists about that then that also infest DC under Trump.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:22 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,875,863 times
I'm an Independent with no loyalty to party. My only loyalty is to country, so yes, I hold each party to the same standard. I find lies, corruption, fanaticism abhorrent on both sides of the isle.

Old 02-17-2019, 10:27 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,417,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The President doesn't pass spending bills, he only signs or doesn't sign the bills the Congress passes....and you continue to prove my point on how little educated Demonics are in Civics or economics. Trump had the choice of shutting down government or signing the spending bill....I wish he would have shut down government until 2025.

So I blame Nancy first as the head of Congress, McConnell next for compromising with Nancy and Trump for not shutting down government until our budget is balanced which is what I prefer.
Republicans controlled both houses when that massive spending bill and deficit busting tax cut was passed. But logic and facts don't matter to partisan cheerleaders like you

Old 02-17-2019, 01:33 PM

26,691 posts, read 14,659,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I wasn't AS CRITICAL, because there wasn't a never-ending cascade of outrages with Obama.

But, yes, there were things I was furious about with Obama, and this was true of most Democrats of my acquaintance. That's why I continue to be surprised at the total blindness of so many Trump supporters.
Thanks for the laugh!

Old 02-17-2019, 02:43 PM

26,691 posts, read 14,659,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
And the non stop praising and kissing up to Trump by most on Fox News.
Hold my beer, said CNN, NYT, MSNBC, NPR, ABC, CNBC, ............. etc.

Old 02-17-2019, 02:48 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,166,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Regardless which party or side you subscribe to, do you hold everybody to the same standards? For example, were you as critical against Trump as you were against Obama?
Yes... I've said it many times to my friends. I'm not a Trump fan. If he did something wrong I'm all for impeachment. I love my country more than I dislike Trump. I find the left's tactics repulsive however. And, I think for the most part the Democrats have been planning this for decades and their excuses for their failures has never once been owned up to. It's time to fight fire with fire, and if dirty politics are what it takes to get it done so be it. The Democrats taught us the game, and it may have taken a while for us on the right to learn the rules, but now that we have, it's time for those with backbone to play the game using the Dems rules and play it even better......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies