Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 11:24 AM

7,519 posts, read 2,821,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Yep - not approving of a puzzy grabbing bully...seems EXACTLY the same as throwing your gay son and daughter into the drink!
Posting a "Hey I found an idiot on the internet" thread is just as stupid as your assumption of equivalence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2019, 12:15 PM

30,375 posts, read 23,843,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Yes he is. But that was obvious to even the most idiotic on this board.
I hesitated several times before posting that because there was more that I was thinking, but I realized it didn't matter what I said, someone would take issue with it. However, I also didn't want some idiot to come back later and say, "Why isn't anyone on the right calling this guy out?!?!?!?!!" like they always do.

He's a pos.

If some twit wants to compare that to other Republicans or Trump or Christians or whomever they feel the need to trash on at the moment, nothing I say will ever change that because you can't change stupid.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:17 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I bet he can't either. Wonder how long it will be before the next news article is him diddling little boys in a bathroom?

I spent a good portion of my life in WV and still have family there. I know many progressives. Unfortunately, they are outnumbered.

I would argue that this individual is a decent representation of some of the southern countries in WV. It's unfortunate, but true.

One of my distant relatives has a son who is gay and he is constantly depressed. The number ONE thing he needs to do is leave WV because there is still a great deal of intolerance. That is just the way it is.

YES - there are many good people in WV but there is little tolerance for anything other than white and straight.
I guess he’d give them a forced swim if they dated a POC, too. Crazy backwoods folks.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:24 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,821,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I hesitated several times before posting that because there was more that I was thinking, but I realized it didn't matter what I said, someone would take issue with it. However, I also didn't want some idiot to come back later and say, "Why isn't anyone on the right calling this guy out?!?!?!?!!" like they always do.

He's a pos.

If some twit wants to compare that to other Republicans or Trump or Christians or whomever they feel the need to trash on at the moment, nothing I say will ever change that because you can't change stupid.
There is no point in trying to appease or discuss with many of the people here because so many are twits, on both red and blue teams.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:45 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,423,028 times
Quote:
There is no point in trying to appease or discuss with many of the people here because so many are twits, on both red and blue teams.
I'm on Team No_Recess. Membership: 1

And we ain't taking any more applications.

As for this guy I already commented on it in the other thread: creepy and sad. I'll add disgusting too.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:10 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,375,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wonder how long it will be before the next news article is him diddling little boys in a bathroom?
I can only assume that the last sentence in this drivel originated in Ms. Ringo's own delusions and preconceptions.
Quote:

I spent a good portion of my life in WV and still have family there. I know many progressives. Unfortunately, they are outnumbered.

I would argue that this individual is a decent representation of some of the southern countries in WV. It's unfortunate, but true.

One of my distant relatives has a son who is gay and he is constantly depressed. The number ONE thing he needs to do is leave WV because there is still a great deal of intolerance. That is just the way it is.
Are you listening, Mr. bawac?

Because this post reflects, and quite clearly, the attitude of to many self-proclaimed "liberals" -- brainwashed by their own pre-conceptions and stereotypes, determined NOT to live and let live, but to force their view of things (Case in point -- the "global warming" hoax) on all of us, at all costs. Because their goal is not peace or prosperity, but raw, concentrated power.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 02-16-2019 at 01:22 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 01:43 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,443,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If saying such stuff gets him elected, more power to him
Its how democracy works.
This isn't the stuff that got him elected.Before this I doubt most people in his district knew who he was.In the primary he came in third in a five man race for three slots,eight votes ahead of the fourth place finisher.In the general there were three dems facing three repubs in a republican district so he won a seat.Any republican who got through the primary would have won.

West Virginia is like everywhere else in that the farther down the chain you go,fewer people know WHO is running and just vote the party.Nearly 100% know who's running for president.Governor/US Senate/US House maybe 70-80% have some idea of who is running.There really isn't much media exposure for state house/state senate or county level races other than yard signs.Most people just vote the party in these races and don't have a clue who the people running even are.

WV state delegates and state senators earn $20,000. a year.There aren't many people in a position to do the job since most people can't take off several months a year from their 'real job' to go hang out in Charleston.Sometimes candidates face no opposition in the primary OR the general election.

With a bit of luck and good timing someone can win a delegate seat or certain county races just by filing to run and without spending hardly any money.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:46 PM

17,864 posts, read 13,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Your interpretation of my post is a very paranoid one. I care about children before they are born and after they are born. Do you? Your accusations are futile.
Of course you are. You are against the state giving free neonatal care to the mother before the children are born and I'd bet anything you are are against the state giving them free swimming lessons after they are born.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:55 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,304,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Of course you are. You are against the state giving free neonatal care to the mother before the children are born and I'd bet anything you are are against the state giving them free swimming lessons after they are born.

Well, that’s one way to look at it.

Old 02-16-2019, 03:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,717,926 times
Quote:
Posting a "Hey I found an idiot on the internet" thread is just as stupid as your assumption of equivalence.
It really isn't that far between some of the rants you read here about libs....and this guy. The biggest diff is that this guy is sort of a Bubba and you can tell he's told that same BS over a beer or two.

Well....I guess the really BIG diff is that most of us don't believe in hurting our own kids. But, as noted above, many seem to have no problem with the idea of putting Nato rounds in the other political group...or at least that is what they suggest here (obviously most of them are cowards, but they enjoy talking BS).

If these violence prone types really wanted a better country they would discuss actual issues instead of jumping on any and every infantile label.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies