Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,403,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...dget-deal/amp/

This is a great read and just reinforces my support for the President.
Yes just parrot whatever Limbaugh, Coulter and Hannity tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2019, 08:19 PM

8,661 posts, read 11,107,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"I didn't need to do this..." Sounds like an admittance that there is no emergency to me. See Posts #16 and #17 for confirmation of Trump's own words.

And hay is for horses. Perhaps it is you who needs to go back to elementary school.

Just answering the one statement of you rpost regarding "I didn't need to do this".

Everyone who formed an immediate opinion of that atatement is not at all educated to what the President meant by that statement.
He was using it more as a metaphor, noting the past Presidents did nothing about the border, and if he wanted, he could do the same they did.(nothing)
So when he stated"I don't need to do this", it was a direct reference to the former administrations doing nothing, and if he chose, he could do the same, nothing.

It was not meant as "I really don't need to do this, I am just wasting everyone's time".
It was not meant that way, though most, including the media interpreted it that way.

Bob.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,911,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Just answering the one statement of you rpost regarding "I didn't need to do this".

Everyone who formed an immediate opinion of that atatement is not at all educated to what the President meant by that statement.
He was using it more as a metaphor, noting the past Presidents did nothing about the border, and if he wanted, he could do the same they did.(nothing)
So when he stated"I don't need to do this", it was a direct reference to the former administrations doing nothing, and if he chose, he could do the same, nothing.

It was not meant as "I really don't need to do this, I am just wasting everyone's time".
It was not meant that way, though most, including the media interpreted it that way.

Bob.
Don't quit your day job, Bob. You're not much of a fiction writer. And we don't need you to "interpret" what this means:

"I could have done it over a longer period of time. I didn't need to do this. But I'd rather do it much faster."

The courts aren't going to have any difficulty "interpreting" it either. I'd say nice try, but it really wasn't.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:53 PM

9,796 posts, read 14,369,166 times
Quote:
Hmm...who to believe? The county sheriffs whose jurisdiction includes the border, and whose job it is to know these things, or some unknown Internet poster who claims her husband "goes there frequently," and therefore absolutely knows more about it than these county sheriffs?
And of course NOBODY knows more than you () what a joke.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:58 PM

20,976 posts, read 8,754,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The rest of the world hears mental illness, lies, perhaps some senility creeping in; narcissism, etc.
So you must be taking comfort because it reminds you of Hillary.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:00 PM

20,976 posts, read 8,754,736 times
Quote:
. And we don't need you to "interpret" what this means:
Er, yes you do. That's why you take your marching orders from mainstream media (who takes their orders from the DNC).

I was glad Stephen Miller clarified Trump's statement about doing nothing like previous presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies