Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 01:07 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Good to see your racism out in the open. It matters much much more when it happens to blacks. Understood.
That's not what he said. Don't be dense.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:38 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Good to see your racism out in the open. It matters much much more when it happens to blacks. Understood.

This crap is happening to everyone, regardless of race. Unlawful actions by police and outright police brutality just appear to happen more often to people of color when you factor in percentage of population.

I, as an adult older while male feel safer when BLM and other groups go out and protest police brutality because my own mother who was over 70, and had a concealed carry license, was pulled over for a headlight out, then after presenting her license which indicated she had a CCW, was forcefully pulled out of her vehicle, thrown to the ground, roughed up, hand cuffed and forcefully detained as the deputy searched her vehicle for a firearm even though she didn't have one either on her nor in the vehicle. She tried explaining to the deputy after she was on the ground, crying in pain, that she didn't have any of her guns on her or in the SUV.

My mom is a packrat, including in her vehicle. It took the officer about 45 minutes to throw everything she had in her SUV out onto the side of the highway, searching for a firearm so he could charge her with not telling him that she was carrying, even though that wasn't even a crime in Kansas at the time. Mind you it was a couple years before Kansas passed Constitutional carry, but she had a valid CCW, and the law did NOT require she notify a LEO that she had a CCW if she wasn't armed. She spent several hours on the side of a busy highway, after being pulled over somewhere around 11:00 PM just to put all her crap back into her vehicle. Then she had to go to the hospital to get cuts, scrapes and road rash, i.e. rocks and crap pulled out from her face, arms and knees treated. All over a freaking headlight being out!?

Are we seriously suggesting this "new normal" is acceptable? Not a thing was done to that deputy when my mother complained. Nothing! Is this acceptable?

Our law enforcement officers are out of control. Desperately seeking to get that drug bust or to get a weapons violation, justifying their actions by anything they can in order to proclaim they've made society safer from some hardened criminal. Who protects us from those LEOs and their abuse? I think BLM has been doing more to fight against the abuses by LEOs for us than ANY other group.

THAT isn't racist. BLM isn't just about race. It's about unlawful police brutality which affects ALL of us but typically affects black people at higher percentage levels when you factor in population. I support BLM on their overall premise. I don't necessarily support some of the actions some of their groups have done, but like with any activism, you have some who take things a little too far, regardless it gets attention.

As far as the BS drug raid with the BS no knock warrant, I think EVERY LEO, prosecutor, court clerk and judge involved, as well as that supposed confidential informant should be prosecuted for manslaughter at a minimum.

It's time for us to DECRIMINALIZE ALL drugs and end the war on citizens for their choice to do something that doesn't encroach upon the rights or property of another. THAT, encroaching upon the rights or property of another is what is defined as a CRIME. If it doesn't meet that standard, it shouldn't be a crime. PERIOD. End the war on people choosing to do things that others just don't like.

But then again... that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 02-16-2019 at 01:46 AM..

Old 02-16-2019, 01:59 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
That's not what he said. Don't be dense.
I've read that posters posts before, Don't be ignorant.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
This crap is happening to everyone, regardless of race. Unlawful actions by police and outright police brutality just appear to happen more often to people of color when you factor in percentage of population.

I, as an adult older while male feel safer when BLM and other groups go out and protest police brutality because my own mother who was over 70, and had a concealed carry license, was pulled over for a headlight out, then after presenting her license which indicated she had a CCW, was forcefully pulled out of her vehicle, thrown to the ground, roughed up, hand cuffed and forcefully detained as the deputy searched her vehicle for a firearm even though she didn't have one either on her nor in the vehicle. She tried explaining to the deputy after she was on the ground, crying in pain, that she didn't have any of her guns on her or in the SUV.

My mom is a packrat, including in her vehicle. It took the officer about 45 minutes to throw everything she had in her SUV out onto the side of the highway, searching for a firearm so he could charge her with not telling him that she was carrying, even though that wasn't even a crime in Kansas at the time. Mind you it was a couple years before Kansas passed Constitutional carry, but she had a valid CCW, and the law did NOT require she notify a LEO that she had a CCW if she wasn't armed. She spent several hours on the side of a busy highway, after being pulled over somewhere around 11:00 PM just to put all her crap back into her vehicle. Then she had to go to the hospital to get cuts, scrapes and road rash, i.e. rocks and crap pulled out from her face, arms and knees treated. All over a freaking headlight being out!?

Are we seriously suggesting this "new normal" is acceptable? Not a thing was done to that deputy when my mother complained. Nothing! Is this acceptable?

Our law enforcement officers are out of control. Desperately seeking to get that drug bust or to get a weapons violation, justifying their actions by anything they can in order to proclaim they've made society safer from some hardened criminal. Who protects us from those LEOs and their abuse? I think BLM has been doing more to fight against the abuses by LEOs for us than ANY other group.

THAT isn't racist. BLM isn't just about race. It's about unlawful police brutality which affects ALL of us but typically affects black people at higher percentage levels when you factor in population. I support BLM on their overall premise. I don't necessarily support some of the actions some of their groups have done, but like with any activism, you have some who take things a little too far, regardless it gets attention.

As far as the BS drug raid with the BS no knock warrant, I think EVERY LEO, prosecutor, court clerk and judge involved, as well as that supposed confidential informant should be prosecuted for manslaughter at a minimum.

It's time for us to DECRIMINALIZE ALL drugs and end the war on citizens for their choice to do something that doesn't encroach upon the rights or property of another. THAT, encroaching upon the rights or property of another is what is defined as a CRIME. If it doesn't meet that standard, it shouldn't be a crime. PERIOD. End the war on people choosing to do things that others just don't like.

But then again... that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
Factor in population? You're not good at figuring things or maybe you're a false race card player. Blacks are incarcerated at a much higher percentage because they commit crime at a much higher percentage, period. We're not all the same and reasons matter. It isn't genetics either. It's about being raised correctly by 2 parents.

HELLOOOOOO, BLM IS about race, it's in the name.

Oh cool a story about one data point is meaningful. Thats sarcasm btw.
Maybe you should get emotion into the discussion and make it about poor ole Grandma. It's always best to get personal and emotional since it's proven to be rational when solving problems. Thats sarcasm btw.

Agree about ending prohibition and ending no knock raids.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:28 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
This is absolutely disgusting! No knock raids need to be OUTLAWED. The same thing happened in my neighborhood a few years ago---Philly Cops shot and killed the Grandfather and shot the Grandmother of the man they were looking for during a no-knock raid who was nowhere near the house at the time, and didn't even live there.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...490132781.html

https://www.vox.com/2014/10/29/70833...ous-work-drugs

Old 02-16-2019, 02:35 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
The cops killed two scumbags but even scumbags have rights.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:52 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Factor in population? You're not good at figuring things or maybe you're a false race card player. Blacks are incarcerated at a much higher percentage because they commit crime at a much higher percentage, period. We're not all the same and reasons matter. It isn't genetics either. It's about being raised correctly by 2 parents.

HELLOOOOOO, BLM IS about race, it's in the name.

Oh cool a story about one data point is meaningful. Thats sarcasm btw.
Maybe you should get emotion into the discussion and make it about poor ole Grandma. It's always best to get personal and emotional since it's proven to be rational when solving problems. Thats sarcasm btw.

Agree about ending prohibition and ending no knock raids.
But you can't stop your "blacks are bad" rant. BLM is really irrelevant here but it's not going to stop a few of you from getting in your dig at blacks.

This is about the NRA and their lack of a voice here. What this couple did is exactly what the NRA promotes but nothing. The argument is that the 2nd gives you a right to protect yourself in your own house. It seems it does not when it comes to the police according to the NRA.

Whenever the police are in the wrong they are strangely quiet. I used to support the NRA. I don't own a gun but I supported any group that defended our Constitutional rights. Unfortunately, that is no longer what the NRA is about.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:54 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The cops killed two scumbags but even scumbags have rights.
They were people minding their own business. People that as far as we know, had done absolutely nothing wrong outside of exercise their second amendment rights and got killed for it.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They were people minding their own business. People that as far as we know, had done absolutely nothing wrong outside of exercise their second amendment rights and got killed for it.
They were scumbags. Case closed. Scumbags have a way of getting themselves killed. I aint real worried about cops killing me.

Old 02-16-2019, 09:37 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
They were scumbags. Case closed. Scumbags have a way of getting themselves killed. I aint real worried about cops killing me.
well, if police were not going completely overboard in trying in waging the war on drugs, the cartels would not have such a profitable market to sell their goods.

Be sure to thank the DEA and/or any other narco law enforcement, for helping to make Mexico great again, and keep guys like Chapo swimming in cash, they absolutely could not profit like they do without the extremely tough drug laws in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies