Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 09:31 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,286,736 times

Advertisements

Illegal alien. Not a resident. A slave like class of people that Democrats pander to for the Hispanic sentiment vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2019, 09:32 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Some people on Medi-Cal have a cost share amount of zero, whereas some other people who can't qualify for Medi-Cal are paying anywhere form some to (if income is too high for a subsidy) the full amount of the premium for a Bronze plan (if they can't afford better) with a 5-7k or so deductible.

Do you think that is fair ?

The OP and I both live in Texas. According to the Washington Post fact checker, Texas gets back even less in Federal spending per dollar in Federal taxes paid than California does....$0.57 vs. $0.64.

Do you get coverage through your employer that you pay nothing or next to nothing for ?
Do I think it is fair that people have health insurance. Yes, it is fair. I have very good health insurance through my employer. I pay nothing. Low co-pays too.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:36 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Read the article.
Read my post.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:44 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
California is going belly up soon. It's only a matter of time.
I grew up in Southern California and have been hearing this line forever...

California (even with all of its illegals) leads this country in GDP, job creation and job growth.

Must be doing something right!

Old 01-12-2019, 10:30 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Well hopefully I'll get a chance to vote to defund myself out of helping paying for California and New Yorks decisions.

Should be a state level decision anyways. We should have to bail out other states who make really bad choices that my state doesn't agree with.
You don't pay for California and New York. California and New York pay for you. South Carolina is a deep red welfare state living off blue state generosity. Time for South Carolina to start pulling its own weight and stop being dependent on the blue states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies