Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump’s deal to reopen the Federal government for 3 weeks?
I’m happy with the deal 41 36.61%
It’s ok 50 44.64%
I’m unhappy with this deal 21 18.75%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM

63,492 posts, read 29,531,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Day 26 or so.... and yes, Trump still owns it. He told us with his own tongue that he would be the one to shut it down, that he would be proud to do it, and that he wouldn't pass the Blake to Dems. Trump withholding paychecks for families hostage to try to get his way... that's his legacy now.

Yep, he said it and I applaud him for it. I can't think of a better reason to shut down the government other than over our national security. Now, it's the Democrats that are keeping this shut down going by refusing to negotiate with the president.

These families will get their back pay. His way? Shouldn't our national security be a concern to all of us? His legacy will be securing our border. Good legacy, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 11:06 AM

63,492 posts, read 29,531,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
You do know you only get so many emojis a month right? You better be careful or you will run out.

Is that all you've got?

Old 01-16-2019, 11:08 AM

5,849 posts, read 3,283,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yep, he said it and I applaud him for it. I can't think of a better reason to shut down the government other than over our national security. Now, it's the Democrats that are keeping this shut down going by refusing to negotiate with the president.

These families will get their back pay. His way? Shouldn't our national security be a concern to all of us? His legacy will be securing our border. Good legacy, IMO.

Federal jobs are not a bargaining chip.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:10 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,625,681 times
Quote:

Trump doesn’t care about the wall other then giving his base a win. Nor does he care about those who are not getting paid.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:14 AM

51,744 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump doesn’t care about the wall other then giving his base a win. Nor does he care about those who are not getting paid.
Trump is fine with people not getting paid.

It's his go-to move. He's known for not paying employees, contractors, investors, ...

Old 01-16-2019, 11:36 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,625,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is fine with people not getting paid.

It's his go-to move. He's known for not paying employees, contractors, investors, ...
True. I’m guessing that he hopes that the left will feel the pressure from thier supporters and give into Trump.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:39 AM

51,744 posts, read 26,064,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
True. I’m guessing that he hopes that the left will feel the pressure from thier supporters and give into Trump.
Hard to say what his "3D chess" end-game plan is here.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 01-16-2019 at 12:08 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 11:59 AM

20,696 posts, read 12,602,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Obama separated children from their parents but that was okay with you. But hey---we all know you hate Trump so everything Trump does is bad, according to you. It's different when Obama did the exact same thing.
Did the Obama Administration Separate Families?
In defending its “zero tolerance” border policy that has caused the separation of families, the Trump administration has argued that the Obama and Bush administrations did this too. That’s misleading. Experts say there were some separations under previous administrations, but no blanket policy to prosecute parents and, therefore, separate them from their children.

“Bush and Obama did not have policies that resulted in the mass separation of parents and children like we’re seeing under the current administration,” Sarah Pierce, a policy analyst with the Migration Policy Institute, told us.
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/di...rate-families/

Old 01-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Well, at least the Senate limb of the legislative branch.

Last I read, only 41 Senators still support the shutdown. If McConnell allows a vote on the House bills to end the shutdown, they will pass.
That is why he won't let it go for a vote.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, Trump initiated the shut down but it's the Democrats that are responsible for it continuing since they refuse to negotiate with the president.
Trump doesn't want to negotiate. He wants his wall and no negotiation. That is not how negotiations work. Maybe you can call him and let him know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies