Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Mass shootings occur in places where the shooter wants to kill. And most of the time, it's not because it's a 'gun free zone."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I honestly don't get why folks don't get this. School shooters aren't shooting up schools because they did a search for "gun free zones." They're shooting up schools because that's where the people are they want to kill. Same with Dylann Roof and the guy that shot up the Pittsburgh synagogue

that may be true for some mass shooters, but there are many that will pick gun free zones to do their killing because they dont want to be shot or killed until they have accomplished what they want to accomplish in their twisted little minds, and once they are done with what they want to do, they kill themselves to create more confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 11:14 AM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
Well, it looks like the USA is on the start of crumbling into some sort of Banana'ish-Oligarchy and sane people see this quite clearly........good luck taking away those guns.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:18 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that may be true for some mass shooters, but there are many that will pick gun free zones to do their killing because they dont want to be shot or killed until they have accomplished what they want to accomplish in their twisted little minds, and once they are done with what they want to do, they kill themselves to create more confusion.
That is something I dont understand with most mass shootings, I would think the shooter, if they were truly a 'lone wolf' type, they would very much like to survive and suddenly having news media and everyone else listening to what they have to say, this would basically give them instant a BIG nationwide audience, so they could make their grievances known to everyone!

However, killing themselves after the shooting, kind of seems like they dont want to be 'identified'...that is pretty suspicious to me.

Point is, if someone is pissed off enough about something to go do a mass shooting, obviously they feel very strongly about it...having the opportunity to have the entire nation listening to them...seems like this would be exactly what they want, killing themselves though, makes it look like they are trying to hide something, cover something up...so no one will ever know why they did this...THAT does not sound like the mind of such a person to me.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:19 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
Can you share some of these shooters who shoot up only "gun free zones"? I'm not saying they don't exist. Just trying to remember them

Old 11-12-2018, 11:27 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is something I dont understand with most mass shootings, I would think the shooter, if they were truly a 'lone wolf' type, they would very much like to survive and suddenly having news media and everyone else listening to what they have to say, this would basically give them instant a BIG nationwide audience, so they could make their grievances known to everyone!
You're trying to thikn about deranged lunatics using logic and reason. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold fully expected to be shot by police. When that didn't happen, they shot themselves instead. The Parkland shooter may have expected the same thing which could account for his odd "escape plan" which didn't seem to be much of a plan. Stephen Paddock seemed to plan on shooting himself the whole time. Dylann Roof ad the Pittsburgh shooter on the other hand seemed to want the recognition.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:30 AM

1,406 posts, read 802,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So if 4 isnt a mass shooting, what do you call it? A regular shooting? Does that make it less worthy of attention and concern?
The media (and the left) classify these as "mass shootings" to bring to the public's mind images of Columbine or Parkland style massacres and to make them terrified that somoene with a gun could open fire on them any minute, when in reality these true mass shootings are very rare. Many of these mischaracterized mass shootings are drug disputes or other gang-related incidents that pose minimal threat to the general public.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:30 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Can you share some of these shooters who shoot up only "gun free zones"? I'm not saying they don't exist. Just trying to remember them

start with all the school shootings, the theater shooting on colorado, most any of the shootings in bars and night clubs. that is one common thread that runs through all those shootings, they were gun free zones, same with the church shootings.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:32 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,147,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Mass shootings occur in places where the shooter wants to kill. And most of the time, it's not because it's a 'gun free zone."
Certainly makes it easier if no one else has a gun.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,391,106 times
Hey, libs are including the incidents of inner city shootings where us darkies are injured/killed and it's drug related.

Glad to help out the cause libs. On behalf of ghetto minority kids everywhere thanks for using us...for the millionth time.

Old 11-12-2018, 11:39 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,429,558 times
While I don't doubt that pretty much any gun owner would use it to protect a loved one.
I cant see most protecting strangers at the risk of their own lives.

We live in a society where people would prefer the sick to go without care or even talk about a national health care system put into place.
I surely do not expect those same people to put their necks out in a shooter situation for strangers..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies