Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 07:19 AM

78,360 posts, read 60,556,941 times

Advertisements

I lived in Illinois\Chicago for years so I learned *the lesson* young, especially watching Chicago politics.

What is that lesson? Well, it's the point that quite often in party level politics the candidate is more chosen than elected given the entrenched power brokers.

This chart illustrates the point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democr...e_endorsements
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Hillary is spooky....with the seizures, falling down, back braces.....claims she hired the top computer guys, and doesn't know how to operate a computer or cell phone, like no one on her payroll knew either.....and the flat out lying

....no one wins 5 out of 5 coin tosses

....I mean really, and liberals complain about Trump??
1 in 32 people do. Not sure where you're really going with all that.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I lived in Illinois\Chicago for years so I learned *the lesson* young, especially watching Chicago politics.

What is that lesson? Well, it's the point that quite often in party level politics the candidate is more chosen than elected given the entrenched power brokers.

This chart illustrates the point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democr...e_endorsements

Well, yeah. Before she was shut up, Donna Brazile gave a pretty convincing blow-by-blow of Clinton's machinations in locking up the primaries with superdelegates even before New Hampshire.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:25 AM

24,398 posts, read 23,053,611 times
More like she'll ride a rascal scooter until she's defeated in the primaries by Cory Booker( who does seem to be piling up baggage) or they'll run a Hollywood darling who is completely compromised and easily manipulated.
Hillary is too sick to run, accept it.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:33 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
I was talking to a good friend who raises money for the Democrats. He said the 2020 race started last Wednesday. So this makes sense. Hillary needs to start raising another $2B to run.
"Don’t pay much attention to the “I won’t run” declarations" the op-ed authors write: Hillary "knows both Mr. Clinton and Mr. Obama declared they weren’t running, until they ran. She may even skip Iowa and enter the race later, but rest assured that, one way or another, Hillary 4.0 is on the way."
WSJ Calls It: Hillary Will Run Again In 2020

I've always said that Hillary wants to be Nixon. It's going to be glorious to watch what she does to the Democrats yet again.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
She can only run again if she ain't locked up. I hope she does run though. Them snowflakes can only suffer so much disappointment and a second loss would put them over the top lol
They're not going to remove Obama over his birth certificate.
They're not going to lock up Hillary.
Santa isn't real, it's your parents.
Toothfairy.....ditto.

Some things are just "said" to motivate the base, but not seriously meant.

(Democrats obviously do that too, like "take those record profits" from the oil companies)

Old 11-12-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Well, yeah. Before she was shut up, Donna Brazile gave a pretty convincing blow-by-blow of Clinton's machinations in locking up the primaries with superdelegates even before New Hampshire.
Yeah, but a lot of people seemed to have missed that either out of cognitive dissonance or just rage over Trump.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Hillary running again would be the greatest gift ever to Trump's re-election chances. H

Hillary, should have primaried Obama in 2012.

She would have beat the hapless community agitator in 2012, and Romney would have melted under the Clinton war machine.

Old 11-12-2018, 07:50 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary running again would be the greatest gift ever to Trump's re-election chances. H

Hillary, should have primaried Obama in 2012.

She would have beat the hapless community agitator in 2012, and Romney would have melted under the Clinton war machine.
oh please--Obummer would have never agreed to share the limelight with Hilly..they actually hate each other but pretend to be unified for the party

Old 11-12-2018, 07:54 AM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I can't help but think there is a moderate likelihood she will win if for no other reason than democrats do a better job controlling the narrative via news and social media to mainstream voters. They are going to be cranking the propaganda dial up to 11 in order to push her through.

I think the GOP needs to take this seriously.
When we see her sober and not falling down stairs everyone will take it serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies