Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 12:24 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,454,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminN...17819431837702

This is horrible, but Americans don’t care. This is a genocidal policy to punish Iranians for not worshipping the US state.

All Americans should hate themselves for this, but they won’t.

He is trying to compete with Reagan and Clinton and others as the most murderous leaders. Pathetic.
And Trump is doing this to the Americans who dont worship him. He is made in Stalins image and has a minority of flying monkeys to spread his dirty policies.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:25 PM

10,650 posts, read 10,794,164 times
Quote:
Trump said he wants Iranians to suffer. How do you feel?
Life sucks then you die....Especially if you live in Iran.....Screw them and the camel they rode in on.....If they want to join the 21st century they should work to overthrow the religious wack a loons holding them hostage!

Old 11-04-2018, 12:47 PM

1,676 posts, read 586,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The EU, Russia and China have not agreed to such santions, indeed other than Trump the rest of the westerb world largely hasn't decided yet, and would prefer dialogue.

It's largely up to the Iranian regime, and Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Nobody wants to impose sanctions it's a last resort esecially in relation to food and medicine, however whether such sanctions are imposed are within Iran's own hands, as they are no innocent party in all of this, and need to work woth the west rather than inflame the situation.
This has nothing to do with their nuclear program. Saudi Arabia is working on nuclear energy, but that's fine with the US. And it is not a last resort, it is a common practice on a lot of countries. I am going to repeat what I said before:
And there will be no dialogue, the west want Iran to open their market and adopt full scale deregulation. To give one example, Iran is one of the few countries in the world that is in charge of their finances. 80% by the government, the other 20% are private finances by Iranians, and other Muslims. Investment from the west is tiny. Syria, Somali, Yemen, Iraq, etc. do not want western banks and corporations, and that's why they are 'evil'.
The country is a gold mine that big banks and corporations are salivating on it. This is what is all about: access to their market and finances. Why do they need to work with the US? their mutual trade is tiny and It is not a thread to the US in the least.

The US could care less if they do it through democratic means (as most countries), through monarchies (Saudi Arabia), brutal dictatorships (still some in Africa) or if a bunch of religious leaders do it. The important point is that they follow western economic policies, refusing to do so is "evil", which later becomes "national security threat".

Last edited by thelogo; 11-04-2018 at 01:02 PM..

Old 11-04-2018, 12:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,990,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomPenguin View Post
As I am a gov employee since I was 17, and previous grunt in the military, cant say I care much about humanitarian efforts. My paycheck is nice, and I just want America to do well. Even if that means throwing every other nation under the bus.

Again, WHY DO WE CARE about other nations well being? they do not benefit us. Only people we need are china for their cheap labor and products. Truth be told, could give a flying *** about what people think about America. The only issue is liberals wanting the influx of crap new voter base to come in and try to turn us into EU nations, free this free that, no thx jef
You should put in your resume with state department for a position in Nation State Relations.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:07 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,990,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The EU, Russia and China have not agreed to such santions, indeed other than Trump the rest of the westerb world largely hasn't decided yet, and would prefer dialogue.

It's largely up to the Iranian regime, and Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Nobody wants to impose sanctions it's a last resort esecially in relation to food and medicine, however whether such sanctions are imposed are within Iran's own hands, as they are no innocent party in all of this, and need to work woth the west rather than inflame the situation.
How come we want to build nuclear reactors in Saudi Arabia, a country with a human rights and terrorist record worst than Iran?

What could possibly go wrong?

Old 11-04-2018, 01:10 PM

26,524 posts, read 19,406,935 times
Quote:
American terrorist Trump WANTS Iranians to starve and get sick
Well, I guess it's better than Iranians wanting to behead Americans. They shout death to America regularly. So why should I give a damn if they starve or get sick? Generally speaking, when someone gives me the middle finger, I certainly don't give them a hug back.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:13 PM

15,506 posts, read 6,512,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Well, I guess it's better than Iranians wanting to behead Americans. They shout death to America regularly. So why should I give a damn if they starve or get sick? Generally speaking, when someone gives me the middle finger, I certainly don't give them a hug back.
Do you kill them?

Iran has been oppressed by America for many decades, and the US is still terrorizing Iran. They have a right to be mad, especially at people like you.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 PM

26,524 posts, read 19,406,935 times
Quote:
Do you kill them?

Iran has been oppressed by America for many decades, and the US is still terrorizing Iran. They have a right to be mad, especially at people like you.
Sure, twist it around. You guys are good at that. Nobody has any right at all to be mad at me personally. I've gone out of my way for my entire life to make sure that is the case. I've done nothing to anyone that hasn't been rectified.

Now, I know what you are going to say, so don't even bother saying it. The reason you are going to say it is because we are philosophically polar opposites. You are a collectivist. I am an individualist. I've learned over the years that the two philosophies cannot debate back and forth because they are speaking two different languages. I feel I should be held accountable for MY OWN sins. You feel you should be held accountable for your TRIBE'S sins (i.e. the sins of others).

BTW, to answer your question, no, I don't recall killing anyone. This isn't the Overlook Hotel.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,239,271 times
Quote:
Fine, but calling this “meddling” is too little. It is competeting with Clinton’s Sanctions regime on Iraq as the most deadly.

Iran does not deserve to suffer under the foot of the largest terrorist government in the world that spreads crime and death deliberately. This country is pathetic.
And historically has been...
Quote:
Iran Had a Democracy Before We Took It Away
Iranians do not need or want us to teach them about liberty and representative government. They have long embodied this struggle. It is we who need to be taught. It was Washington that orchestrated the 1953 coup to topple Iran’s democratically elected government, the first in the Middle East, and install the compliant shah in power. It was Washington that forced Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh, a man who cared as much for his country as he did for the rule of law and democracy, to spend the rest of his life under house arrest. We gave to the Iranian people the corrupt regime of the shah and his savage secret police and the primitive clerics that rose out of the swamp of the dictator’s Iran. Iranians know they once had a democracy until we took it away.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...e-took-it-away

Old 11-04-2018, 01:31 PM

17,694 posts, read 9,443,501 times
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminN...17819431837702

This is horrible, but Americans don’t care. This is a genocidal policy to punish Iranians for not worshipping the US state.

All Americans should hate themselves for this, but they won’t.

He is trying to compete with Reagan and Clinton and others as the most murderous leaders. Pathetic.
It's a Tweet without a single thing to back up this accusation - and yet, the Leftists in the United States immediately believe the unsubstantiated twitter feed (which may well be Iranian) - "Genocide!!!"

Let me try words one at a time.

THE

SANCTIONS

ON

IRAN

ARE

FOR

OIL

Can Iran survive sanctions? |BBC News - November 4, 2018

New tough sanctions targeting Iran's oil sector, imposed by the United States, come into force on Monday.

How will US sanctions work?
The latest US measures exclude any company that trades with Iran from doing business in the United States.

In addition, under far-reaching secondary sanctions, any US company faces punishment if it does business with a company that does business with Iran.
Sanctions on the banking sector will also be introduced on Monday. In August measures were imposed on a number of industries including trade in gold, precious metals and the automotive sector.
The US has made it clear it wants eventually to cut off Iran's oil trade entirely, but has allowed eight countries to maintain imports as a temporary concession to give them time to reduce imports. US allies such as Italy, India, Japan and South Korea are among the eight, the Associated Press reports.

Leftists have totally lost all reason to even think, much less Govern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.