Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 14 6.25%
58-60 7 3.13%
55-57 13 5.80%
50-54 144 64.29%
49 or less 46 20.54%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 12:30 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,506,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Oh please. The ralph club was that Brett had a weak stomach. Are you that obtuse?
I'm not saying he isn't a lair (he might be the biggest liar in the world) but nobody can prove it.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again: its not what you know, its what you can prove.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:31 AM

16,234 posts, read 5,968,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think he acted like anyone would who had been questioned that morning about running a rape ring in high school based on Julie Swetnick’s allegations, and then subjected to the most vile questions about supposed groping but also his high school yearbook, whether or not he got blackout drunk, . His life has been systematically destroyed, and having grown up and living in the DC area most of his life, probably was exactly right that this was about revenge.
I tried to rep you but...
I agree with your post. He acted like a man that was not only accused, but tried and found guilty by the democrat party. The initial allegation was used as an ambush to delay the vote. The delay was for one of 2 reasons. Delay the vote for time to try and find any other people that would cry rape with no evidence or witnesses 3 decades after the fact.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 10-05-2018 at 12:43 AM..

Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,550,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I'm not saying he isn't a lair (he might be the biggest liar in the world) but nobody can prove it.

Ive said this before and Ill say it again: its not what you know, its what you can prove.
It is also what you believe. If you that think that he was ralph king because of a sensitive tummy that is on you.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:33 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,173,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Fine now prove his guilt. Put up or shut up.
Bring a drunk doesn't make you a rapist, nor does being a liar. Those qualities seem to go well with being a career politician though.
Well he has proven he is a partisan hack so that's one thing dead against him. Will he have to recuse himself from cases involving liberal groups since he seemingly has a bias against them or if he don't does that mean the rulings would be good? He is spoiled goods and for the Republicans to continue to shove this through proves it was a ramrod prior to the midterms when they didn't even give Garland a fair process. The Senate Republicans can kiss my add if they just rubber stamp this good-looking partisan hack who might also be a rapist.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
He .lied. Do you not understand? He could not admit his drinking habits. He is completely untrustworthy. Only a partisan hack would believe otherwise.
Not talking about his drinking habits or allegedly lying about them. I am talking about your party accused the man of rape. No evidence, no witnesses, nothing but here say and tried him in the media and basically made him guilty.

This all started with allegations of rape. Show me the proof.
I dont care if he becomes a SCOTUS or not. I care that your party has decided that men should not be presumed innocent until proven guilty. All for political reasons. Only a partisan hack would believe otherwise. I am an independent, I really dont have a dog in this fight, other than I dont want another Sotomayer type judge as SCOTUS.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:35 AM

18,083 posts, read 7,253,275 times
This nomination has been a national embarrassment and I place all of the blame on the Democrat Party, particularly Dianne Feinstein. None of these allegations are serious, which I suspected from the moment the first one aired AFTER the hearing was over.

Liberals should be ashamed of the way they have TRIED to destroy Brett Kavanaugh. It has motivated me to donate to the NRSC and I hope others do the same.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:36 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,173,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think he acted like anyone would who had been questioned that morning about running a rape ring in high school based on Julie Swetnick’s allegations, and then subjected to the most vile questions about supposed groping but also his high school yearbook, whether or not he got blackout drunk, . His life has been systematically destroyed, and having grown up and living in the DC area most of his life, probably was exactly right that this was about revenge.
So would everyone claim it is a liberal (or conservative) hit on them? I understand the anger and I would be too but he had no control and showed a problem, the same one that came up during his previous appointment and that being his bias. Kavanaugh is truly a partisan hack.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well he has proven he is a partisan hack so that's one thing dead against him. Will he have to recuse himself from cases involving liberal groups since he seemingly has a bias against them or if he don't does that mean the rulings would be good? He is spoiled goods and for the Republicans to continue to shove this through proves it was a ramrod prior to the midterms when they didn't even give Garland a fair process. The Senate Republicans can kiss my add if they just rubber stamp this good-looking partisan hack who might also be a rapist.
Uhmmm what SCOTUS isn't partisan? Are you saying Ruth Ginsburg is unbiased? Are any of them?
Is he biased? Well who the hell wouldn't be after this witch hunt?

Old 10-05-2018, 12:38 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,342,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post

does that apply to Ruthie also and her remarks about Trump and other political comments?
a rapist? he didn't rape anyone. 7 FBI reports back that, what do you have? ahhh Ford's allegations that not even her best friend can back up.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:38 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,550,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post

So why in the world if you suspected someone was a liar would you promote him to SC judge. That is ludicrous. Any doubt should be disqualifying, Remember Rousch went to same school as Kavanaugh and had no issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies