Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 01:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 27,706,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I am 61, have used it daily for 47+ years, and am so healthy that I do not have a personal doctor. I have never even filed a medical insurance claim in my life. Nor have I taken any government handouts.

I own my own home, keep up my lawn, and open the door for others.

99 percent of the people I know in my age group who use cannabis are also healthy, productive citizens.

I am also getting tired of everyone predicting my doom and demise because of cannabis usage. You'll still be predicting it when I'm 90, won't you?

Nothing could be further from the truth.
I'm just going to guess you're pro-weed.

I've gone back and forth with you on the wonderful nutrient from nature.

I've actually opened my mind wrt the potential uses and abuses on the plant wrt recreational and medicinal uses.

I'm a little surprised a seemingly non-conservative poster is the OP. If you're not necessarily, sorry for the assumption. Maybe you're just a resistor of the current 1600 Pennsylvania inhabitants, if so, join the club.

Now that aside... I think much is to be learned from our current attempt to get the stuff legalized across the board and perhaps regulated.

I live in Colorado. I've seen the greenhouses going up. Some folks are steaming ahead with the potential industry.

I'd like to see a "serving" of the product as available as a beer from the fridge.

But what are the horticulturists doing with the plant? THC content vs CB? Content? Sativa plant vs Indica plant and female plants left frustrated to produce almost immediate resin and small greenhouseable plants with mostly flower buds? It sounds exciting.

The scientists have done a great job at pumping up the volume on the vitamin.

But, we're seeing recent trends that the heavy user, (those that poke the smot) 26 to 31 times a month embibers, are trending upward towards 70% and climbing, and of course that means their demand for more will increase as tolerance goes up, and as that happens, to potency will continue to increase as well because demand drives profits.

So profits will drive both the frequency of use and strength.

The old folks who want a small low mellow buzz are not being heard because why should they? That's like customers clamoring for the production of the $4000.00 Yugo. It ain't gonna happen.

So Raddo, what say you?

Oh, my sources? A program I saw on Netflix. Had Chong on it and everything.

Oh, an aside about my understanding of the trends. So the poor old folks who just want the mellow buzz, just take a smaller toke, right?

Not so simple. Sativa may be likened to the uppity day buzz and Indica may be better suited to the non-hallucinationic pain-killing mellow buzz effect, but the thc is being driven from 25 to 1 and up ratios, to the point where the plant may make the user "feel like they're losing their mind."

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Finn. the majority of Americans have used pot. Seriously, its over 50%, which means 300 million us citizens have used pot. None of them have died, and the country keeps surviving.
Wow. Our population has increased 273 million since 2017?

Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Well at least this time the nonsense is more of a opinion piece then the last garbage link I took down from the OP.

Finn. the majority of Americans have ...
Hmmm, I hope you weren't engaged in a Math-off with the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm a less is more person, and would take low quality bush weed with plenty of leaves, over manicured high potency indoor.

I think a lot of people don't pay enough attention to how particular strains effect them, and that can be a problem.
Could be fixed with regulation or at least perhaps good lab work, right? Idk.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-20-2018 at 01:54 PM..

Old 08-20-2018, 01:12 PM

76,959 posts, read 48,068,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then surely you can provide links to this mystical 'promotion'? Or are you trying to sell the story that mere legalization is by its nature promotion?
People like you and many others promote it on almost daily bases, and the same goes on everywhere, including Hollywood movies.

Look at Raddo go on about how healthy he is because of marijuana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I am 61, have used it daily for 47+ years, and am so healthy that I do not have a personal doctor. I have never even filed a medical insurance claim in my life. Nor have I taken any government handouts.

99 percent of the people I know in my age group who use cannabis are also healthy, productive citizens.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,654,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8gr8apost8 View Post
pot doesn't make you invisible finn, put the bong down and your pants back on.
lol!

Old 08-20-2018, 01:17 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,944,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The d folks who want a small low mellow buzz are not being heard because why should they? That's like customers clamoring for the production of the $4000.00 Yugo. It ain't gonna happen.
I'm a less is more person, and would take low quality bush weed with plenty of leaves, over manicured high potency indoor.

I think a lot of people don't pay enough attention to how particular strains effect them, and that can be a problem.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,951,773 times
I know plenty who smoke daily yet manage to work at decent jobs. In some cases (factory work and physical labor) it may be what keeps them going. A hit (as in a single toke) as they head out the door and a few hits after dinner for relaxation.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:19 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,537,838 times
Well at least this time the nonsense is more of a opinion piece then the last garbage link I took down from the OP.

Finn. the majority of Americans have used pot. Seriously, its over 50%, which means 300 million us citizens have used pot. None of them have died, and the country keeps surviving.

Is for it being a wonder drug....absolutely. For some small number of issues. About 1/20th of what is claimed. but for that small % it truly matters. I have a GF who is epileptic, and for her its been pretty good. Not a miracle, but it helps reduce her usage of other FAR more expensive and harmful drugs.

The OP likes to over dramatize things, and honestly the whole "the sky is falling" nonsense is old. With a significant number of states legalizing very few problems have shown up. And when we compare it to alcohol its trivial. If the OP cared at all about people he would prioritize alcohol over pot for his ire, but its not about facts or reality. Its about the perception that the OP has.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 11,028,866 times
All the drug, alcohol, gambling, food, and other addictions just shows how messed up the people in this country are. It will not be much longer for our country become 3rd world, and all of us, much poorer.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:20 PM

68,427 posts, read 54,871,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People like you and many others promote it on almost daily bases, and the same goes on everywhere, including Hollywood movies.

Bulls**t! Typical nonsense from the Reefer Madness crowd!

Show me ONE place where I've ever encouraged anyone to use cannabis!

All I've ever done is questioned the questionable reasons it's illegal and Schedule 1 and suggested its legalization would be the sensible thing to do.

Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 PM

1,066 posts, read 637,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
All the drug, alcohol, gambling, food, and other addictions just shows how messed up the people in this country are. It will not be much longer for our country become 3rd world, and all of us, much poorer.
This is how I feel, but I have never drank or smoked or done a drug or tried pot. All of my peers are drug heads/potheads/stoners/heavy druggies used to do pot and now do the heavy stuff. I am not saying the weed led them there, im sure it was their choice. However thing is, all of them started with pot, and my friends who ONLY smoke pot, they do it so routine its like eating. I quit hanging out around them because its really disgusting habit.

If I get a chance to vote on these topics, im anti weed. sorry guys, given chance vote on the other topics, id vote no on them as well. Every college person I see is coming in stoned at my university, its awful

Old 08-20-2018, 01:25 PM

89,263 posts, read 86,160,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL - why do you all believe that you cannot be addicted to THC - a drug included in cannibas. You can be addicted to it just like you can be addicted to nicotine in cigarettes or alcohol.

ETA: I'll note I'm not against legalization of marijuana for personal use - which I did state in my post you responded to. But I do think it is important to not act like cannabis is some sort of drug with no risks for addiction and that smoke is good for people. Those are untrue. However, I don't see anything wrong with it if it is not abused, same way I see alcohol and caffeine and other types of drugs people use. I have a caffeine habit myself.
I usually agree with you on most things, residinghere2007, but not on this one. I've been addicted to nicotine, and I smoke weed, and they are nowhere near the same.

Nicotine withdrawal is a real thing. I tried to quit for years before I was able to actually do it because when you are addicted to nicotine and you begin withdrawal, you cannot think about anything else. The desire to smoke a cigarette consumes you. I've heard similar things from alcoholics when they stopped drinking.

If you are a regular weed smoker and don't smoke weed, you don't go into withdrawal. You might think, "Dang, I'm out of weed, wish I had some", but you aren't going to be consumed by the thought or experience physical withdrawal symptoms. There definitely can be a psychological addiction, but that's just habit. Like a lot of other smokers, I take breaks from it from time to time for one reason or another, and it's not a problem.

Agree, though, that there's got to be some residual damage from inhaling smoke of any type into the lungs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies