Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,905,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So George Soros is breaking campaign laws?
What-aboutery gets so tiresome. Please stick to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Makes ya wonder what the REAL reason for this witch hunt is huh? Its ALL about overturning the election results....plain and simple. Trump has tapped into an untapped source of votes aka the working class. The GOP has NEVER tried to get them and the Democrats abandoned them and the left knows if Trump is there in 2020 they have no chance and he has shown the GOP HOW to win elections from now on and they have lost a chance at winning back the WH for a long time.
It's also puts unfounded doubt in the minds of the gullible leftists that Trump's presidency is legitimate which keeps the minions stirred up and creates a false sense of injustice which in turn causes outrage to get these leftists to the polls next time to vote. Maybe cheaper than paying them to vote?

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I believe one thing you left out was that Christopher Steele was not directly contacted/hired by Fusion to do this "dirt digging." As the British MI-6 expert on all things Russia, he had already been "hearing" things about the Trump campaign and he, himself, became alarmed. I believe it was Steele that contacted someone in the U.S. and Fusion latched on to that and paid for him to compile what he was hearing. It was up to Fusion (and later the FBI) to corroborate his input. But I may have gotten that wrong, not sure.

I believe you are correct.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:37 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You need to read the article before you respond to it.

So if you are expanding the interpretation of this law to mean "knowledge" to help beat political opponents then Hillary and past presidents have violated this law too. Several key Democrats in congress must be charged too. Adam Schiff took a phone meeting with what he thought was a Russian for knowledge about Trump...Obama and several Democrats met with Maria Butina BEFORE the Trump campaign met with her...crickets.

Hillary's campaign met with current/former British and Russian government agents and PAID millions to them for knowledge against Trump. I can guarantee had Hillary won, you wouldn't be supporting a change in the interpretation of this law for a coup d'état.

Democrats meet with foreign agents all the time to get knowledge about humanitarian causes, the environment, immigration etc...to plot how to beat Republicans....your change in the interpretation of this law would wrap up those democrats as criminals. It was never considered illegal to listen to a foreigner about potential crimes a political opponent committed until we needed an excuse for a coup.
I read the article. It's an unsubstantiated opinion piece, and I am ashamed of "The Hill" for posting it. At best, it's a sloppy piece of journalism that would never have been accepted by a professor where I went to J-school.

You lost me at "but Hillary". One does not negate the other. Trump got caught. If Hillary had been elected, perhaps it would be her turn in the barrel, or maybe not. It's not what you believe, or even what you know, it's what you are able to prove that matters. So far, in the last thirty years, no one has been able to find anything that will stick on Hillary, and they have looked, believe me.

Trump is helping lead his downfall with his Tweeting habit. Once he's finished, there won't be much left to prove that he hasn't already confessed.

If you have a link that supports your highlighted allegation, how about post it? Thanks.

Last edited by cuebald; 08-07-2018 at 06:46 AM..

Old 08-07-2018, 06:41 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
"Opposition research" is what the left is calling it, and excusing it with. Perhaps the question that should be asked is what is the line between opposition research and an illegal act? Since that line does not yet seem to be codified, expect the left to place that line firmly and aggressively in a place where Clinton's acts are *just* on the legal side of it.

So far this thread has borne this out, and the right seems content to let them do it. So you have your answer then. Now you know why what Clinton did was ok but not Trump Jr. It is ok to pay foreign nationals for dirt but not to get it for free. It is an odd line to draw but so far nobody seems able or willing to challenge it.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:42 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Sometimes I really wonder if Trump cult is really that obtuse or they just pretend to be? I mean if they really can't see ANY difference between something that is paid for and something that someone is trying to acquire free by meeting a number of foreign nationals, I wonder how do they manage to perform their daily chores
Oh, they know it (at least some do), but they really don't want to admit that something was illegal.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:45 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,770,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
Sometimes I really wonder if Trump cult is really that obtuse or they just pretend to be? I mean if they really can't see ANY difference between something that is paid for and something that someone is trying to acquire free by meeting a number of foreign nationals, I wonder how do they manage to perform their daily chores
And it wasn't for free, they would have been beholden to Russia, but lets say they weren't which they most likely are already before the election with Russian financing for Trump when American banks would not lend him money due to all this failures.

What they were attempting to get was of value, they can't accept anything of value from a foreign power who is not out ally in the first place. and the info they were getting was from the emails the Russian's stole.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
http://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary...s-criminal-too

Duh! Same thing literally...except the Clinton Crime Family actually PAID for fake evidence Trump never did.
You do, of course, have a link to support this allegation besides an unattributed and undocumented opinion piece in "The Hill"?

Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
So far this thread has borne this out, and the right seems content to let them do it. So you have your answer then. Now you know why what Clinton did was ok but not Trump Jr. It is ok to pay foreign nationals for dirt but not to get it for free. It is an odd line to draw but so far nobody seems able or willing to challenge it.

Your thought process is still incorrect.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
There was no information duh.
How do you know that? No one has any way of knowing what passed in that room except the people in it, unless the Russians were wearing wires. There were no transcripts of the meeting that we know of, and the only things we "know" are what was told to us by Trump Jr. He could have received and paid for all sorts of information in twenty minutes, and concocted a lie about it when the heat started rising.

Were you by any chance at the meeting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies