Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care how President Trump was elected?
I don't care and I don't think Russia helped 30 19.23%
I do care and I don't think Russia helped 29 18.59%
I don't care and I do think Russia helped 5 3.21%
I do care and I do think Russia helped 92 58.97%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:25 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,296,301 times

Advertisements

How did Russia change 1 vote one way or the other?

the Podesta's emails and DNC corruption during the primaries were the truth and it had to be reported regardless what source it came from......just like the Trump tapes about grabbing women by the private parts! somebody who didn't want Trump to win leaked those tapes to the media...does it matter who it was?

Hillary had over 1 billion dollars, the MSM and Hollywood stars and millionaires campaigning for her......if she couldn't win with those advantages then the problem was with her not Russia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 04:25 PM

19,320 posts, read 17,210,822 times
All the accusations about Russia being involved, What I remember is both political parties and more importantly these "citizen groups" saturating the airwaves in support/detracting both candidates. If the Russians infiltrated Face Book or any other social media site then maybe it is time for people to get off those sites, the views expressed were no different then how newspapers report. It has never been hard to tell if a newspaper leans towards one party or the other, same with TV News, I guess mixing the message among recipes and cutesy pictures of puppy/monkey/baby makes it harder for a person to realize its the same old spam.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
All the accusations about Russia being involved, What I remember is both political parties and more importantly these "citizen groups" saturating the airwaves in support/detracting both candidates. If the Russians infiltrated Face Book or any other social media site then maybe it is time for people to get off those sites, the views expressed were no different then how newspapers report. It has never been hard to tell if a newspaper leans towards one party or the other, same with TV News, I guess mixing the message among recipes and cutesy pictures of puppy/monkey/baby makes it harder for a person to realize its the same old spam.

freedom of speech applies to everybody....if your vote gets sway easily by opinions by trolls in facebook then you are the problem (I'm talking in general not you in particular)

All we have is propaganda and political opinions by everybody.....that come with freedom of speech.

I voted for Trump for the issues.....border, taxes and trade deals and the U.S. Supreme Court..........I could care less what Russian trolls put on Facebook which it's a fact that that the news in Yahoo and Google and AOL leans democrat including facebook when reporting news and opinions on their sites.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:35 PM

15,715 posts, read 9,575,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I could care less what Russian trolls put on Facebook....
How much less could you care? Just curious

Old 08-05-2018, 04:36 PM

639 posts, read 250,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump's Historic Landslide Win over Hillary?

The facts.
  • Trump won 30 individual state elections which gave him the majority of electoral votes.
  • The electoral college voted to make him the 45th President per the US Constitution.
  • It's worked this way for more than 200 years.
And
  • Not one person, has come out with one shred of proof of ANY method that ANY Russian changed a single vote from Hillary to Trump in ANY of those 30 individual elections.
  • In fact they get quite mad if you ask them to explain it.
So.... everything else is bleating, crying and self delusion of the losers.
I agree completely. I don't think Russia had ANYTHING to do with the election being won by President Trump....Was I kind of surprised he won? Yes because even though you don't believe the lying media they keep repeating the same lies over and over and it wears you down I guess that was the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
The question is why does Donald care? No one is saying he should be thrown out and Clinton should take over. If he stole the election it's too late to do anything about it now.
That's what the ENTIRE witch hunt is about. Overturning the election results via a "legit" coup attempt....

Old 08-05-2018, 04:37 PM

20,932 posts, read 9,640,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
... They are so blinded by rage, they can't even see, statistics or not, exactly what is happening economically.
And, as has been pointed out numerous times, the good economic news coming out over the past 19 months is nothing more than a continuation of what was happening the previous 8 years. If Clinton had been elected, it would be no different.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
How much less could you care? Just curious

I care more of the powers that are screwing the American working class and has bought off the politicians in Washington and are on the payroll of Chinese interest.

if you tell me Russia is the cause of our problems then you need to lay off the kool-aid.......our political system has been corrupted and bought off a long time ago and Russia has nothing to do with it.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:40 PM

68,364 posts, read 54,587,695 times
Trump won according to the rules in play, but I've thought the Electoral College an unneeded antiquity since I was in high school in the late '60s.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:41 PM

1,409 posts, read 806,871 times
Not unless Russian agents hacked into election computers and falsified vote counts, bribed election officials to do the same, or fraudulently cast ballots.

I'm still not sure what they are supposed to have done other than make some Twitter and Facebook posts.

Old 08-05-2018, 04:42 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,564,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Very similar to my experience. Went with Johnson... knowing it was a throwaway vote. All I knew is that I would never vote for Clinton. I wasn't all that thrilled with Trump either.

But, if the election were held right now, knowing the way the nation has all of a sudden turned around for the better, I would vote for Trump today. It's a miracle that he has been able to get so many good things to happen given that half the country wants him burned at the stake. They are so blinded by rage, they can't even see, statistics or not, exactly what is happening economically.

Sad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies