Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:18 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why do you even care? Your jealousy is through the roof.
Jealousy? You either do not understand the OP or you are just emotionally confused. I believe the feeling being expressed by the OP is disgust, maybe outrage. Not jealousy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 07:22 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
The liberal effort to convince people that the economy is 'bad' is so desperate, it's hilarious.
No the economy is booming ,to a point.

People should thank Obama not trump.Look at what Obama walked into and what the economy was like that trump walked into. The tax cut have help the economy to a point,all the CEO's are happy but it's killing the workers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/busin...185504363.html

Old 07-27-2018, 07:22 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What is your educational background?

Because here in the US we seem to have a lot of *experts* with regards to topics like economics and trade that seat people for dinner, cut hair, teach PE to kids etc. which are all great jobs....but you don't see me over in the soccer forum saying what the correct way to kick a ball is...or in the fashion forum....or weighing in on the the best way to give a razor cut.

We have a huge problem in this country with uneducated, uninformed individuals that feel that their "feelings" trump any sort of science. Yes, that includes the global warming denialists but that mirror is a rough one to look into personally now isn't it.

I have to view in this forum on a daily basis people that are quite frankly brutally uneducated on topics of statistics (for example) expound as if they're well informed on the topic. I'd hire them for data entry or perhaps working in our cafeteria....again, honorable work...my own family did\does that but they're not d-bags that wade into forums expounding on topics they know nothing of.

I mostly find this sort of hubris on the political forum so what is it? Political fervor makes people feel they're somehow educated? Ironically, the news articles themselves are generally chock full of basic errors since journalists have no subject mastery and just regurgitate and print from whatever think tank.
true Mathguy. It's all garbage. Maybe slightly better for us than looking at Facebook. Is what it is.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:27 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What is your educational background?

Because here in the US we seem to have a lot of *experts* with regards to topics like economics and trade that seat people for dinner, cut hair, teach PE to kids etc. which are all great jobs....but you don't see me over in the soccer forum saying what the correct way to kick a ball is...or in the fashion forum....or weighing in on the the best way to give a razor cut.

We have a huge problem in this country with uneducated, uninformed individuals that feel that their "feelings" trump any sort of science. Yes, that includes the global warming denialists but that mirror is a rough one to look into personally now isn't it.

I have to view in this forum on a daily basis people that are quite frankly brutally uneducated on topics of statistics (for example) expound as if they're well informed on the topic. I'd hire them for data entry or perhaps working in our cafeteria....again, honorable work...my own family did\does that but they're not d-bags that wade into forums expounding on topics they know nothing of.

I mostly find this sort of hubris on the political forum so what is it? Political fervor makes people feel they're somehow educated? Ironically, the news articles themselves are generally chock full of basic errors since journalists have no subject mastery and just regurgitate and print from whatever think tank.
I have a huge respect for you and the information you share. But I am confused as to what your point is here, and what about the post you disagreed with?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-27-2018, 07:28 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No the economy is booming ,to a point.

People should thank Obama not trump.Look at what Obama walked into and what the economy was like that trump walked into. The tax cut have help the economy to a point,all the CEO's are happy but it's killing the workers.

Welfare is sky high. Since when it that a good sign?

Old 07-27-2018, 07:29 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Allegedly, the GOP "Tax Cuts" were intended to stimulate business development and hiring, at a time when unemployment was already at a 17-year record low (Thanks, Obama!). It wasn't difficult to predict that the "Tax Cuts" were nothing more than a giveaway to the 1%. Now the numbers are coming in, and if you aren't a CEO, it ain't real prettyput there.

Add to that the prices of manufactured goods and everything that moves by rail and truck rising because of the absurd tariffs and the misbegotten Trade War, and "Make America Great Again" actually means "Make America 1931 Again".

You obviously don't understand the tax code.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:30 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Welfare is sky high. Since when it that a good sign?
No it is actually been going down under Obama.

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I have a huge respect for you and the information you share. But I am confused as to what your point is here, and what about the post you disagreed with?
Cafeteria workers are decent people but some are d-bags. But yes Mathguy, agree or disagree, usually doesn't rant.

Overall the economy does seem to be "booming" (some info is negative), but wages are stagnant, and personal debt is up for the lowest 60% of the earners.

The stock market has been giving decent returns, and people who want jobs have them, but for the working class they are not making more money and going into greater debt. So what is the celebration? That's a bad combination.

Old 07-27-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Cafateria workers are decent people but some are d bags.
I'm not talking about generalities, I'm talking about an individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies