Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,596,506 times

Advertisements

And wait until Facebook and other activists lobby internet providers to throttle all InfoWars content. We will see who suddenly loves Net Neutrality then and I will laugh my rear off at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 11:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,701,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
And wait until Facebook and other activists lobby internet providers to throttle all InfoWars content. We will see who suddenly loves Net Neutrality then and I will laugh my rear off at them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsZ3eqV8JIc

That isn't what the deal is.

Obama gave the keys to the internet away to the EU.
So, it no longer falls within the 1st amendment.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:49 AM

These social media companies think the FCC is stupid and don't realize they are in fact communication companies, not just content providers. Which falls under a very strict set of rules.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM

20,730 posts, read 19,392,808 times
Its just going to help kill their platform, already past its peak, and quite possibly hammer the left even more. Alex Jones still has an audience, and they will not be there. As the right wing is driven off the platform , the lack of opposition will result in either a boring and stagnant place of agreement or, much more likely, the the left will engage in internecine warfare as the various forces, like Roman auxiliaries from the far flung provinces, begin to eye each other without a common enemy.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:24 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Its just going to help kill their platform, already past its peak, and quite possibly hammer the left even more. Alex Jones still has an audience, and they will not be there. As the right wing is driven off the platform , the lack of opposition will result in either a boring and stagnant place of agreement or, much more likely, the the left will engage in internecine warfare as the various forces, like Roman auxiliaries from the far flung provinces, begin to eye each other without a common enemy.
Not all conservatives listen to Alex Jones.

I suspect a good many of them will still be around, looking at photos of family trips, playing Candy Crush, and cooing over photos of their grandkids.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:29 PM

18,053 posts, read 27,503,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So if this is ended, does it mean that anyone will be able to say anything about Trump, whether it is true or not, on social media and not be banned?
Gee I don't know because, I'm positive no one would ever even want to do such a thing.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yes--facebook is stupid to ban Alex Jones--he has his own website with all of his videos and despite that FB was making a lot of money with him on their platform. Now--all his followers will abandon it and go to him

Old 07-27-2018, 12:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 18 days ago)

35,669 posts, read 18,034,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yes--facebook is stupid to ban Alex Jones--he has his own website with all of his videos and despite that FB was making a lot of money with him on their platform
My guess is, they really don't want that association at all.

It's frightening to me, seriously, how many people believe what he is saying.

As fun as it is to mock him, deep down it's frightening that when you go out in public his believers are out there too.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:38 PM

57,393 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
So Facebook attacks left fake news the same?

Odds are they do not.
Odds are that you are guessing, if you know of any left wing hate speech on Facebook that violates the terms of use let’s hear it.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
My guess is, they really don't want that association at all.

Ya, it was worth 119 million and counting fast, to 125 million as I type.
`ol Zuck is about to get tossed by the shareholders. They had an emergency meeting today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies