Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 06:08 AM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times

Advertisements

Well, in her defense if you come from a family of life long politicos, you are used to spending other peoples money. I wonder if she was ever molested by... yeah we know who I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 06:13 AM

59,225 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
His niece? Seriously? You think anyone but a raving mad right winger thinks that has any relevance on Biden himself or his ability to be in public office?

I don't even support Biden and hope very, very much he doesn't run, but this is total BS

But, the left went bonkers on the Bush twins and IGNORED it when al gore's son was stopped for the SAME THING.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:13 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
I don’t think Joe Biden is in any way responsible for what his niece, one of 3 children belonging to his younger brother (Biden has 2 brothers and a sister) does.

A story: Biden's brother selling $6M Florida home, looking near Philly

Biden’s brother looks to be quite wealthy. I’m pretty sure people with that kind of money can hire good lawyers by themselves. Hell, she paid off the account...either on her own or via her parents, I’d imagine. This kind of sentence would be typical if the money was repaid.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:39 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,250,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
But, the left went bonkers on the Bush twins and IGNORED it when al gore's son was stopped for the SAME THING.
except of course, "the left" isn't some inchoate group and not a single person I know went bonkers or anywhere else.

Not to mention that at least one of the twins is a Democrat anyway.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:47 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,302,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
except of course, "the left" isn't some inchoate group and not a single person I know went bonkers or anywhere else.

Not to mention that at least one of the twins is a Democrat anyway.
I’m starting to think HW, W, Laura, and their kids lean left.

Old 07-27-2018, 09:08 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,250,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I’m starting to think HW, W, Laura, and their kids lean left.
I don't think GHWB leans left - he's a classic old school Republican and the party has moved so far to the right, he just *looks* left-ish now. I think his vote was anti-Trump, not pro-Clinton. W, I'd say definitely not - he's still closer to the current GOP, but there is personal animus towards Trump himself, so by association, those who support him.

Laura absolutely - she supported her husband but it was always pretty clear she didn't agree with him on many issues, and she's acknowledged that after he left office (as did the elder Barbara Bush). And the younger Barbara Bush has been pretty outspoken about being left-leaning, although I don't know if she's a registered Democrat. Jenna is probably a little more towards the right, her husband was an aide to Karl Rove, after all. But she's of course been influenced by her mother as well, and likely her sister, so I think she's probably fairly independent and I bet to the extent she's willing to discuss them, she's likely got an interesting mix of positions.

I often say that I tend to judge people by the children they raise, and on that score, I have to give much credit to George W and Laura. They raised a pair of remarkable women who are living good lives and contributing to the world (and no one I know gives or ever gave a damn about normal youthful indiscretions like a little underage drinking).

And I appreciate the genuine friendships among the Bush, Clinton and Obama families. Only the people who have lived through it can understand that it's like to be in that situation and to have your young children go through it. I think it's great that whatever policy differences they have (and of course there are many) they can put those aside on a human level.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:32 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,029,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don’t think Joe Biden is in any way responsible for what his niece, one of 3 children belonging to his younger brother (Biden has 2 brothers and a sister) does.

A story: Biden's brother selling $6M Florida home, looking near Philly

Biden’s brother looks to be quite wealthy. I’m pretty sure people with that kind of money can hire good lawyers by themselves. Hell, she paid off the account...either on her own or via her parents, I’d imagine. This kind of sentence would be typical if the money was repaid.

and isn't it ultimately up to the victim to press charges or not? I'd imagine the victim had input leading to this.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:54 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,249,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Joe Biden's glamorous niece wins sweetheart plea deal and avoids jail after she faced felony charges for a $100,000 credit card scam

Former Vice President Joe Biden's niece, Caroline, avoided jail time Thursday in Manhattan Criminal Court in a sweetheart deal on a felony conviction for a $100,000 credit card scam.

Caroline, 31, offered an apology while promising her wild ways are behind her, as she accepted her sentence of two-years probation.

In 2017, Biden used a borrowed credit card to make purchases totaling more than $110,000 at the high-end Bigelow Pharmacy in Greenwich Village.

Prosecutors previously said Caroline asked to borrow a credit card from a victim, who was not identified in court documents, to buy a single item for $672.

But instead Biden opened an account at Bigelow Pharmacy and spent more than $110,000 between April 2015 and June 24, 2016, buying the store's lavish products.

They are just regular folk. This would have happened to anyone.

LOL. Biden's...... niece? OMG, how desperate is the right-wing!!!!?????

Btw, is Biden's niece Republican? She will be going places in the GOP.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 AM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times
From page 1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Just incase OP is trying to say that people with money get special treatment, that is very true, and knows no party lines. Money talks. Liberty and justice for those that can afford it.
Gold star for you.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:55 AM

7,492 posts, read 6,276,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Joe Biden's glamorous niece wins sweetheart plea deal and avoids jail after she faced felony charges for a $100,000 credit card scam

Former Vice President Joe Biden's niece, Caroline, avoided jail time Thursday in Manhattan Criminal Court in a sweetheart deal on a felony conviction for a $100,000 credit card scam.

Caroline, 31, offered an apology while promising her wild ways are behind her, as she accepted her sentence of two-years probation.

In 2017, Biden used a borrowed credit card to make purchases totaling more than $110,000 at the high-end Bigelow Pharmacy in Greenwich Village.

Prosecutors previously said Caroline asked to borrow a credit card from a victim, who was not identified in court documents, to buy a single item for $672.

But instead Biden opened an account at Bigelow Pharmacy and spent more than $110,000 between April 2015 and June 24, 2016, buying the store's lavish products.

They are just regular folk. This would have happened to anyone.
I’m kinda regular and my credit limit ain’t no where near $100K
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies