Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 02:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,968,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I’m curious as to what the liberals expected Trump to do to Putin/Russia regarding the “election interference”. Trump questiond Putin about it and Putin denied it. At that point, do liberals expect Trump to tell Puitn “You’re lying and I don’t want to deal with you anymore”? I consider Trump asking Putin about it “standing up to Russia”. If Hilary were president, she probably would have handed Putin a reset pushbutton with “overcharged” printed on it in Russian.
I think a really basic (I mean, super basic) start is to enact sanctions against them.

Send them a message that there are consequences for their behavior.

And I think most people would prefer a President that believes his own intelligence agencies over a foreign leader (a foreign leader who has proven untrustworthy on many occasions - he is a former KGB, after all). At least publicly.

No one is asking him to declare nuclear war - but it would be nice to see him hold Russia accountable for their actions. And it would ALSO be nice if he wasn't destroying relationships with actual allies in the same breath.

It's not a good look when he is doing many things that are hurting established relationships, while kowtowing to Russia...a weaker EU falls right into what Putin wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 02:53 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,541,445 times
Quote:
I’m curious as to what the liberals expected Trump to do to Putin/Russia regarding the “election interference”. Trump questiond Putin about it and Putin denied it. At that point, do liberals expect Trump to tell Puitn “You’re lying and I don’t want to deal with you anymore”? I consider Trump asking Putin about it “standing up to Russia”. If Hilary were president, she probably would have handed Putin a reset pushbutton with “overcharged” printed on it in Russian.

How about a message that these acts of war need to stop, and that until they do we will treat them as attacks on our democracy? And following up such words by piling on some more sanctions, and providing the Ukraine with the means to defend itself. I mean fair is fair-we signed a treaty with them that if they handed over their nuclear weapons we would respect their borders. Seems like since that hasn't happened we should provide some nuclear weapons to replace the ones they gave up.

If Putin can escalate things, demonstrate that we can as well. And ask Russia if they wish to continue.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:57 PM

11,251 posts, read 8,416,462 times
Quote:
At minimum, his empty rhetoric should have been pro-American, not anti-American.

Politicians lie, fine, we all know that, but to go on the world stage, on foreign soil, and take Putin's word over our entire intelligence community, then to come home, make up a lame excuse that he forgot the contraction for "not", and then the VERY NEXT DAY, prove that he really does believe Putin over our own intelligence community...

I guess he's entitled to believe what he believes, but he should not be representing the USA as POTUS, if he does not have faith in us as a country, or if he believes our entire gov't can't be trusted. If he's trying to start a coup against the USA, he should be honest and transparent about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies