Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 09:39 AM

18,981 posts, read 9,176,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
no he didn't. stop lying
Native Americans disagree.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ise/902837001/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:42 AM

27,306 posts, read 16,343,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I live in Mass and I can tell you that Granny Warren is a Loony Liberal that is always whining about some absurd outrage and whipping her followers into a frenzy so I'm not surprised that one of her people turned violent and punched her opponent in the face.

They denounce violence and call Trump a nazi but time and again we see members of the Left act out with violence against others that do not share their narrow views.

I have my fingers crossed that Warren will lose her seat this November but "yikes" that would free her up to run for the WH in 2020 and there are enough nuts out there that hate Trump enough that they would vote for a paper bag.
Yep, she is the east coast version of Maxine Waters.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:43 AM

3,011 posts, read 1,790,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I came here to say the same thing.

Oh, sweet irony.
So no comment on the violent leftist? Typical of you.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:55 AM

79,477 posts, read 61,642,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Trump and his family lied and said they were Swedish because they thought being German would put them at a disadvantage in business. And they lied knowingly.

I don't know whether Warren is really Native American or not. I would think most people whose families have lived in that part of the country for that long believe they have some Native American blood.
I was merely giving an example of the usage of the word being a dig at the liar and not at the ethnic group that they are committing identity theft against.

Also, you can get a DNA test for $200 or so which would clear up things pretty quickly.

P.S. Claiming minority status for advantage in hiring, college admission, financial aid, scholarships etc. is a pretty serious offense in my book since you're essentially stealing from someone else.

Old 07-23-2018, 09:58 AM

29,083 posts, read 30,571,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/indian...acist-leftist/

A political opponent running for the office Sen. Elizabeth “Pocahontas†Warren (D-MA) holds as Senator of Massachusetts, was punched in the face by one of her supporters at a rally this afternoon.

Who is the violent Fascist?
I do not like this woman, one bit, but who in their right mind would do such a thing? I cannot believe how nasty people are getting....

Old 07-23-2018, 10:00 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,699,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The funny thing is you thinking the title is racist. Not that you care about the truth.
If it is not racist then it certainly is disrespectful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e79jg0j_6_w

Old 07-23-2018, 10:08 AM

8,839 posts, read 4,845,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was merely giving an example of the usage of the word being a dig at the liar and not at the ethnic group that they are committing identity theft against.

Also, you can get a DNA test for $200 or so which would clear up things pretty quickly.

P.S. Claiming minority status for advantage in hiring, college admission, financial aid, scholarships etc. is a pretty serious offense in my book since you're essentially stealing from someone else.
You said "imagine if trump tried to claim Mexican heritage" to score an advantage. I pointed out that his family did lie about their heritage to gain an advantage. Care to comment?

From everything I've heard, the results of the DNA tests can be very iffy. I don't know Warren's ancestry. But trump's is well documented, and they're German, not Swedish.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:34 AM

1,199 posts, read 645,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
its sick that the left still stands up for her and attacks those that point out her terrible actions.
Stop calling her Pocahontas, and maybe you can get the conversation you pretend to want. If she lied about her heritage, that's bad. But you can point that out without giving her a lazy nickname.

Did Pocahontas pretend to be Native American? No. Her only crime is that she was the first (and probably only) Native American the mouth-breathing president could think of when he was reaching for a nickname that would play to his base.

Using a single person as a proxy for an entire ethnic or religious group is offensive, because it shows that the speaker lumps them all together, without regard for any individual differences. It would be like calling all Muslims "Mohammeds" because you can't be bothered to distinguish brown people who pray to a different god.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:38 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,487,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

sorry dude, you come up with a link to a story about some liberal well that's wonderful.

I know a lot of Indians (that's what they call themselves) who disagree and are angry at the left for the nonsense of YOU PEOPLE defending a white woman who has utterly and completely Culturally Appropriated their heritage for the purpose of personal professional advancement!

YOU sir are the guilty party. Donald Trump is not to be blamed for Pocahantas Warren's actions. Donald Trump is not to be blamed for your putrid hypocritical defense of her actions.

Old 07-23-2018, 10:40 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,487,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Stop calling her Pocahontas, and maybe you can get the conversation you pretend to want. If she lied about her heritage, that's bad. But you can point that out without giving her a lazy nickname.

Did Pocahontas pretend to be Native American? No. Her only crime is that she was the first (and probably only) Native American the mouth-breathing president could think of when he was reaching for a nickname that would play to his base.

Using a single person as a proxy for an entire ethnic or religious group is offensive, because it shows that the speaker lumps them all together, without regard for any individual differences. It would be like calling all Muslims "Mohammeds" because you can't be bothered to distinguish brown people who pray to a different god.
No.

not gonna happen. That horrible person is the guilty party and those of you that are defending her are
1. Guilty with her
2. double guilty for YOUR HYPOCRISY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies