Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:23 PM

28,983 posts, read 30,377,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
(Of course, we don't even know what awful things he may have secretly agreed to with Putin.)

President Trump, Deal Maker? Not So Fast!
By Peter Baker

President Trump likes nothing more than presenting himself as the ultimate deal maker, the master negotiator who can translate his success in business into the worlds of politics, policy and diplomacy. “That’s what I do, is deals,” he said one day last month.

Except that so far he has not...

His 17 months in office have in fact been an exercise in futility for the art-of-the-deal president. No deal on immigration. No deal on health care. No deal on gun control. No deal on spending cuts. No deal on Nafta. No deal on China trade. No deal on steel and aluminum imports. No deal on Middle East peace. No deal on the Qatar blockade. No deal on Syria. No deal on Russia. No deal on Iran. No deal on climate change. No deal on Pacific trade.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/u...eal-maker.html
well I suppose if this were true, he certainly wouldn't be as rich as he is, and BTW it seems most foreign leaders not only like him but get along with him well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 12:26 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,924,626 times
Trump is doing a great job, and the posts above from the democrats just prove that the losers keep on losing...

Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM

6,175 posts, read 4,650,139 times
Withholding my personal thoughts on Trump as a President or business person (which there are a multitude of generic threads for), I think he may have underestimated that "deals" (if we want to call them that) made in the public sector require a different approach and have a different structure than deals made in the private sector.

The inefficiency of deals made in the public sector are a result of necessary due process, vast participation from all kinds of different people, the need for constitutional checks and balances and a very different legal environment.

It would be a lot for any President to grasp the complexity of the various nuances of deals made in that role.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:28 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,933,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well I suppose if this were true, he certainly wouldn't be as rich as he is, and BTW it seems most foreign leaders not only like him but get along with him well.
Successful business leaders don't have issues getting loans from legitimate banks. Nor do they have difficulty paying the people that they hire to do work for them.

Both are things Trump has struggled with over his history of being a businessman.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:30 PM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Nobel, Nobel. Nobel. Oh wait. That hasn't happened yet either. I'm sure Kim Jung Un is laughing at how he played Trump like a fiddle. Now it's Putin's turn.
Exactly how did Kim Jung Un "play Trump like a fiddle?"

We are the ones who put sanctions on N. Korea... they don't put sanctions on us!

Also, let's face it, no matter how the meet went, the never-Trumpers would say Trump was too weak, or too strong or anything but the truth!

Old 07-24-2018, 12:31 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,623,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Despite the GOP being in charge Trump is still fighting an uphill battle against an unprecedented attack from the Left on every single thing he attempts.

Trump has had some success and if his only legacy is placing 2 Supreme Court justices I will be happy with that because he prevented Hillary from doing that plus probably 2 more.

I think Trump is dong a good job.
Unprecedented? LMAO, I guess you weren't around from 2009-2016.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:32 PM

24,520 posts, read 33,390,610 times
Quote:
I mostly tend to agree that so many people were willfully ignorant. On the other hand, though, there must have been a lot of people who just don't expect presidential candidates to lie on such an unprecedented scale.
Were you around during the 1990s?

Old 07-24-2018, 12:32 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,656,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Despite the GOP being in charge Trump is still fighting an uphill battle against an unprecedented attack from the Left on every single thing he attempts.

Trump has had some success and if his only legacy is placing 2 Supreme Court justices I will be happy with that because he prevented Hillary from doing that plus probably 2 more.

I think Trump is dong a good job.
Indeed--given the extreme junk the POTUS has put up with..im glad he is still going strong

Old 07-24-2018, 12:53 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,160,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Unprecedented? LMAO, I guess you weren't around from 2009-2016.
I beg your pardon? Are you trying, absurdly, to compare Trump to Obama?

I'll provide you with this handy comparative graph.
Trump’s Lies vs. Obama’s
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-is-worse.html

Trump's lies are unprecedented.

Old 07-24-2018, 12:57 PM

37,962 posts, read 17,939,067 times
Quote:
(Of course, we don't even know what awful things he may have secretly agreed to with Putin.)

President Trump, Deal Maker? Not So Fast!
By Peter Baker

President Trump likes nothing more than presenting himself as the ultimate deal maker, the master negotiator who can translate his success in business into the worlds of politics, policy and diplomacy. “That’s what I do, is deals,” he said one day last month.

Except that so far he has not...

His 17 months in office have in fact been an exercise in futility for the art-of-the-deal president. No deal on immigration. No deal on health care. No deal on gun control. No deal on spending cuts. No deal on Nafta. No deal on China trade. No deal on steel and aluminum imports. No deal on Middle East peace. No deal on the Qatar blockade. No deal on Syria. No deal on Russia. No deal on Iran. No deal on climate change. No deal on Pacific trade.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/22/u...eal-maker.html
Thank goodness the previous administration took care of that.... oh wait

well at least you spoke up back then... Oh wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies