Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For leftists: does the walkaway movement make some valid points?
Yes, I may not agree with everything in the video but some of the points are legitimate 9 31.03%
no, there is nothing about about this overly dramatic video. It is right wing propaganda 20 68.97%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:39 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,736,261 times

Advertisements

It’s nothing more than a silly game Republicans are playing just like Limbaugh promoting Hillary over Obama in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,921,471 times
I don't think people don't have legitimate reasons for switching parties...but the degree to which it is happening is very likely quite over exaggerated.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:44 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,287,946 times
Question 1: Is it "walkway" or "walkaway"? Because I'm all in favor of walkways - that way I don't have to walk in the street.

Make up your mind. Remember: proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar are the gateways to intelligent and meaningful communication.

Question 2: I'd be more inclined to take the OP semi-seriously if the OP's posts weren't littered with insults to Democrats and others who have liberal beliefs. Is it impossible for you to communicate without bias, OP?

Old 07-16-2018, 10:00 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,947,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I'm a leftie. I don't know what the walkaway movement is. Get off FOX news and watch the real news if you seriously want to learn what liberals think.
Same here. Never heard of the "walkaway movement" until I read the OP. Dems certainly have their differences of opinion, but there is no mass movement toward becoming Trumpers or something. In your wildest dreams, Republicans. Sounds like that video was actually directed at conservatives who want to feel self-righteous and are forced to make up fake news to justify their stance.

If you want to know what Dems are really up to, check out Rachel's show on MSNBC or read thru the posts on DU where this walkaway thing of yours would be treated with surprise and derision.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:10 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,056,379 times
#walkaway should be #runaway. Remember the basic and primary factor: Leftism and collectivism are based on naked envy and hate. Leftism is literally a moral failing and a problem of character. It is not just a political view. So, in the era of this progressive leftist hijack, if sensible democrats are leaving the Democrat party, they are literally running from the envy and hatred of progressives, and saving their character.

A vote, for example, for that miserable putrescence Bernie Sanders or that hateful collectivist Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez is literally tearing up your own soul and throwing it in the sewer. And this is not hyperbole. In 2018, no one can be stupid enough to buy in to the envy and hate of a leftist-collectivist-statist like Bernie Sanders. It is done after research and agreement with his principles. It is done with malice aforethought.

So, if you have a brain and a soul and you want to continue to have a free country where you can do or say anything, and can achieve and pursue your individual goals without the envious hatred of your un-American neighbor choking you out and stealing your life then:

Don't #walkaway, #runaway.

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 07-16-2018 at 10:22 AM..

Old 07-16-2018, 10:12 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,188,276 times
Are some Democrats leaving the party? Sure.

Is the number or "movement" being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,093,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Are some Democrats leaving the party? Sure.

Is the number or "movement" being blown way out of proportion? Absolutely.
I would venture to guess a good deal more Republicans are walking away from the party of Trump.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:16 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,188,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I would venture to guess a good deal more Republicans are walking away from the party of Trump.
Party registration shows just that.

I don't blame anyone for not affiliating themselves with any party at the moment.

Old 07-16-2018, 10:30 AM

1,316 posts, read 750,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
#walkaway should be #runaway. Remember the basic and primary factor: Leftism and collectivism are based on naked envy and hate. Leftism is literally a moral failing and a problem of character. It is not just a political view. So, in the era of this progressive leftist hijack, if sensible democrats are leaving the Democrat party, they are literally running from the envy and hatred of progressives, and saving their character.

A vote, for example, for that miserable putrescence Bernie Sanders or that hateful collectivist Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez is literally tearing up your own soul and throwing it in the sewer. And this is not hyperbole. In 2018, no one can be stupid enough to buy in to the envy and hate of a leftist-collectivist-statist like Bernie Sanders. It is done after research and agreement with his principles. It is done with malice aforethought.

So, if you have a brain and a soul and you want to continue to have a free country where you can do or say anything, and can achieve and pursue your individual goals without the envious hatred of your un-American neighbor choking you out and stealing your life then:

Don't #walkaway, #runaway.

Wow. "LITERALLY tearing up your own soul..." and it's "not hyperbole." Again, wow. You have a bit of an issue--heck, you've got the whole subscription. You've really got to come down to earth where real people actually think differently than you, and we have actual thoughts and ideas that are in opposition to your own, without "LITERALLY" ripping our souls out. I mean, I don't even know how to do that!

Old 07-16-2018, 10:33 AM

10,498 posts, read 4,063,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I've been thinking about this for a while and I admit that it's difficult for all human beings to be self reflective and look in the mirror and ask themselves what needs to change but this seems especially so for the modern day Democrat party. As conservatives many of us realize that we need to do a better job of reaching out to minorities to let them know that our message is as much for them as anyone else but I never read about leftists saying what they need to do differently or admitting what they're doing wrong. I mean that walkaway video to me was the epitome of why the modern day Democrat party has been hijacked by the radical left and is so divisive and arrogant and condescending yet the response by the overwhelming majority of those on the left is too quickly dismiss it and attack it instead of at least acknowledging some of the points. So my question to you, Mr. and Mrs. leftist is do you see any validity whatsoever in the walkway movement?
I walked away a long time ago. Probably 2009 when I realized Obama was just going to continue Bush Jr's wars. But I am not a full conservative either because I think they need to stop with the anti-gay rhetoric, and legalize drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies