Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 04:39 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,131,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Except the only way to get your rights is by having the power to enforce them. Feudal is the term. The individual gets what he can enforce.

Actually crazier than Libertarian-ism.

They would simply end up using the antifa expansive view of self defense.
Not really.

https://mises.org/wire/feudalism-system-private-law
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 20 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,611,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
For anyone who believes that the far left is not violent, you need to watch this video of thugs threatening ICE agents just doing their jobs.

Warning: offensive language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLAJgkdSp4Q
VERY misleading, unless you can point out to me where the "far left" initiated the physical confrontation. All I saw was cops simply grabbing the far left and dragging them down. I did not see the "leftists" start this stuff.

Old 07-15-2018, 05:30 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,131,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol sure thing... You really need to read this:

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Anarch...fense_Agencies
LOL sure thing...you really need to read THIS:

Intro To Ancap: Private Defense Pt 1. - Police Protection - Lions of Liberty

Intro To AnCap: Private Defense Pt. 2: Military Defense - Lions of Liberty

Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 PM

16,692 posts, read 8,690,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Obstruction and assault of federal and local officers. Isn't that a felony crime in most states? And so far, felonies have their voting rights stripped..... This is when the football players who took a knee for the National Anthem showed way more class than these thugs. It's a peaceful protest, and no one gets hurt.
Incorrect

For starters, lets not use the word class to describe their despicable actions. Also lets not try to compare rude vulgar protesters as a standard by which to minimize the disrespectful actions of privileged millionaires.

These Pantifa losers are at least not at work being disrespectful to our country, national anthem, and flag which represents our fallen heroes, military, LE,and fans.
Now I wouldn't be surprised if some of these leftist fools felt and would act the same way, but the NFL losers are not to be emulated just because they are being peaceful during their disrespectful behavior at work.

`

Old 07-15-2018, 11:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,517,629 times
Antifa should be treated like a terrorist organization

Old 07-15-2018, 11:23 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,152,591 times
I didn’t see this thing the way most of you must have. I saw military response to a peaceful gathering of protest by a bunch of loud mouth kids. I guess I am an outlier because I found ICE reprehensible. Reminded me of bully types back in school. Your tax dollars at work.

Old 07-15-2018, 11:30 PM

42,876 posts, read 26,413,022 times
I read this far and that was enough for me:

Quote:
In a free market, consumers would help pay for whatever level of protection they wish to purchase from whatever protection company they wish to purchase it from
So if I am scraping by trying to raise a family and don't have extra cash to hire my own cops I can die trying to defend myself against the rich guy who decides to bring his 20 armed thugs over and seize my house, or I can just surrender everything I own. Oh never mind..it goes on to say that there might be charities who would provide free police services for the poor

Maybe you think that's a great idea but it's one of the reasons that Anarcho-Capitalists are considered a fringe group.

Old 07-16-2018, 12:02 PM

16,692 posts, read 8,690,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I didn’t see this thing the way most of you must have. I saw military response to a peaceful gathering of protest by a bunch of loud mouth kids. I guess I am an outlier because I found ICE reprehensible. Reminded me of bully types back in school. Your tax dollars at work.
Well at least you admit your biased is baked in.

What I don't understand about your view, is how long are people suppose to put up with blockages, whether it be on the road, public walkways, in front of businesses, etc.

Pantifa has done this type of stuff on a regular basis, and are masked in the hopes of not being identified in the event of violence. Yet when someone tries to go around or through them, they attack the person. When the person/s fight back, they start screaming fascism, yet they themselves are engaing in fascist tacitics.
There is a video of them blocking a busy sidewalk (I think in NYC) and people cannot go around them because of heavy traffic. One big guys asks several times for them to get out of the way, and when they refuse, he bulls through them. Then several try holding the guy and he punches at least one of them, and they scream "hey, no punching allowed".
What did they think would happen when they pull a stunt like that. Anyone is going to defend themselves.

ICE agents are there to do a job, and are no different than other LE. When you impede them in the performance of their duties, they are going to warn you to stop, and if you keep it up, they will come out on the wining side.

BTW - Other than the recent attempt of the Democrats and liberal media attempting to demonize them, what is it that you have against the agency and the people who work for it?

`

Old 07-16-2018, 01:06 PM

1,406 posts, read 804,753 times
I'm pretty solidly in the libertarian camp, but this is where I draw the line. I don't have any faith that a fair, just private police force/criminal justice system is workable.

Quote:
Secondly, in a competitive market, police firms would want to create good will in general and not be seen as heartless
No, because people are basically selfish (or self-serving, if you prefer) and short-sighted. Those who can afford to hire police will not hire the agency most likely to act in a just, fair manner. They are most likely to hire the agency that will most aggressively protect their interests. There is no safeguard against police using inappropriate/excessive force in defense of their clients' interests, other than fear of another stronger police agency. We end up with a bunch of armed camps or a pseudo-feudal system where everyone is in practice beholden to whoever can retain the services of the strongest agency.

If you think the criminal justice system serves the interests of the wealthy now, wait until it's privatized.

Protecting the life, liberty, and property of its citizens is the primary (and pretty much only, IMO) duty of government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies