Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 07:44 AM

45,397 posts, read 26,671,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
No it's not. It might be that way in the fantasy world you've created in your head but out here in the real world it's against the law, as it should be.
Its obvious that it is the law, its also obvious to those who believe in property rights that the law is wrong.

Serve me or I'll use violence to get my way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2018, 07:57 AM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Racism in disguise. That's how the left does it.
I agree. He probably didnt want to drive them because they were black. The hats are a lame excuse.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:40 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,141,411 times
Quote:
Racism in disguise. That's how the left does it.
Anti-free market and pro-central planning.

That's how the right does it.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Says who?
Says natural law. If you want to get technical, the 1st Amendment.

Quote:
No it's not. It might be that way in the fantasy world you've created in your head but out here in the real world it's against the law, as it should be.
Yes it is. The "real world" (the State) is nothing more than a fantasy world in and of itself. The only law that matters is natural law.

Property rights are absolute.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:43 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,051,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Saw three of them on Laura Ingraham's show tonight. One said he knew about Sarah Sanders and other administration people getting harassed but he was shocked that it happened to him, a lowly intern.

“I’m a black male in America that supports and voted for Donald Trump... We’re supposed to be a country that accepts everybody for who they are, a melting pot, but the moment I say or do something that doesn’t coincide with their political beliefs, I’m the bad guy,†said Handy, who is interning for Illinois GOP Rep. Mike Bost.

GOP interns: Uber driver refused us service because of MAGA hats | Fox News
It must be the driver's "sincere religious belief" to refuse service to conservatives. After all, political affiliation is not a protected class. You can't have it both ways, dear Pilgrim. Either a person can refuse service or they can't.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Voluntary association. Period.

Uber's driver, Uber's policy, Uber's issue.

Don't like Uber's anti-MAGA policy, use another ride share or other form of transportation.
It's so obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its obvious that it is the law, its also obvious to those who believe in property rights that the law is wrong.

Serve me or I'll use violence to get my way.
All Statists know is coercion and violence. It's the only way they can get their point across.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:46 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,754,829 times
Quote:
Can you post an example of such? Other than the gay couple who wanted two grooms on top of a wedding cake? The owners' Christian beliefs meant more to them than their business.

The couple could have bought anything they wanted from the bakery.

They just wanted to make a big stink out of it because that's what leftists do.

Become the victim. It is how they try and control conservatives. They are finding out that they can't control conservatives and it is driving them into a frenzy.

"Other than"? One is enough but there are plenty more. The link below is a good summary of a few cases.

The couple didn't want just "anything", they wanted a cake that celebrated their marriage and were denied because of religious bigotry. Someone who chooses to do business with the public should not have the option of dictating his religious beliefs to his paying customers. If he wishes to discriminate like that then he should rethink owning a business that deals with the public.

https://thinkprogress.org/15-example...-597e54585a23/

Old 07-15-2018, 08:51 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,466,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So Uber drivers are only left leaning?
Can you imagine the opposite scenario? Uber driver refuses to give a ride to black liberals who hate Trump?
OMG!

Breaking News at 10!

Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 AM

3,457 posts, read 1,466,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It must be the driver's "sincere religious belief" to refuse service to conservatives. After all, political affiliation is not a protected class. You can't have it both ways, dear Pilgrim. Either a person can refuse service or they can't.
Looks like we will be forced to add political affiliation to the discrimination list due to behavior presented. Who knew we'd start discriminating against people who support a president? You could have never dreamed this up in America but now that we know we need to add it so people can stop being harassed and live their lives in this country the same as everyone else.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:57 AM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Can you imagine the opposite scenario? Uber driver refuses to give a ride to black liberals who hate Trump?
OMG!

Breaking News at 10!
My thoughts exactly. Had they been wearing Hillary or Obama shirts, how many people on the left would be questioning whether this was racially motivated?

But that racial ammo is only reserved for people who disagree with their politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies