Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 03:18 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Let's see, I live in a very blue city (so blue Trump only got 8% of the vote) two hours from Canada in a state with no income taxes and moderate property taxes. Why would I move?
As long as you are in your safe space with like minded lemmings you’re good right? Can’t have any dissenting opinions in the echo chamber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2018, 03:50 AM

843 posts, read 1,431,964 times
Yeah I left a red state because I got tired of hearing co-workers proclaim out of the blue that liberals need to get out of the country and die. And people love to say the tolerant left isn't tolerant.

Old 05-04-2018, 03:57 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
They're hypocrites that move to red states to lower their tax bills. Look at Amazon's actions when threatened with a tax to pay for the homelessness they caused in Seattle....typical.
No the "hypocrites are all in the WH."

Old 05-04-2018, 04:55 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
Now that it has been a year and a half, how many Democrats or Never Trumpers have actually seriously thought about or made plans to move.
as I said in a similar thread a few months ago, the same number of conservatives who were going to move out of the country when Obama was elected!

Old 05-04-2018, 05:06 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
The realtors here (Lake Chapala) call the increase in expats, the trump bump. Housing is selling fast fast fast. Too fast, IMO. Normally the majority of expats here are Canadian.

We put our contract on our home on Inauguration Day. Though we also owned a home here during the Obama Administration.

Old 05-04-2018, 05:25 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Now that it has been a year and a half, how many Democrats or Never Trumpers have actually seriously thought about or made plans to move. Whether it be out of the country or to a less trump friendly area? There seems to be a lot of hate towards Trump, the electoral college, 2nd amendment, etc - but I'm curious if people are really serious about leaving? Why or why not?
Dem liberals, mostly overpaid entertainers, many times promise to move if (fill in the blank) the repub is elected.

Barbara Streisand comes to mind first and of course she is still here along with all the others.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:48 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
We bought plane tickets to England the day after Trump was elected. While there, we tried to find out how to live there permanently. Turns out we can't afford the high fees. They have been smart and cracked down on too much immigration. Sadly, it leaves me out.

And whoever said it's racist to only want to move to Canada or Europe, there's nothing racist about it. It's natural to want to move to where you speak the same language or already have family.

As retirees, we don't see much hope for the future of this country in our lifetimes. Even after Trump is gone, it will take years to rebuild what he has destroyed. Many years probably too before we can finally see health care that's available to everyone. I'm not even sure I will see it in my life time, something I still hope will be there for future generations though.
I'm curious what you think Trump has destroyed that will take years to rebuild?

Old 05-04-2018, 07:53 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
as I said in a similar thread a few months ago, the same number of conservatives who were going to move out of the country when Obama was elected!

I'm sure there were plenty but I don't really remember because that was 10 years ago. Its really not relevant to this thread.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
There seems to be a lot of hate towards Trump, the electoral college, 2nd amendment, etc - but I'm curious if people are really serious about leaving? Why or why not?
Liberals will never leave the United States because they know, in their heart of hearts, that the United States is the greatest country in the world for them.

Liberal elites in particular like to talk a good talk about supporting immigration, racial diversity, the poor and the economically disadvantaged - as long as those elements are far, far away from them. Have you noticed that the Obamas, the Clintons, most Hollywood celebrities and the like live in some of the richest, whitest and most exclusive places in America? They often have walls around their houses and send their children to the most expensive private schools. These people live the most sanitized lives that you can imagine.

They are secretly more conservative than most conservatives are. It is all a show. That is why they will never leave this country.

Old 05-04-2018, 07:59 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It was all talk .
We should write a script that for any new thread in the politics forum, this quote above is automatically the first response. It would be accurate 100% of the time.

Trump won. The sky isn't falling yet. If anything, his victory galvanized the detractors. Either they turn tail and run (essentially quit) or dig in and fight. And that's the American way. Whether those galvanized detractors show up at the voting booth in Nov 2018 or 2020 remains to be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies