Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 12:42 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,870,551 times

Advertisements

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/wh...sue-2018-03-08

The first person in the story who took out tremendous amounts of debt for a piece of paper was complaining about how her loans "compounded the challenges she faced as a new mom".

She then complains about paying $500 a month in student loans while on maternity leave. She decided to have a baby, she decided to take on lots of debt for a diploma.

Liberals have been proposing that they want to wipe the slate clean of all the debt for luxury lifestyles these people live for years while in college.

I was at a coffee place the other day and had $2 coffee which while I could have paid less just making coffee myself, sometimes it is interesting to go out.

The coffee place was near a college campus. Many of the women (mainly college students) had $6 latte's with $4 petite croissants and $6 frappe's with $4 pieces of bread.

I wonder how many of them spend $10 plus daily at a coffee place rather taking out student loans for textbooks.

The new proposal is for the federal government to just forget about the money it is owed.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 03-09-2018 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 01:06 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,457,902 times
Right now women are the bulk of individuals attending school and getting a higher education. Not surprising.

Question is, where are the MEN?

Where are the families?

Me and my wife put our daughters through college. We were poor as paupers when they graduated but they owed about 6k when they were done.

Seems like the system is pretty messed up to me in a lot of ways.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:13 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,664,682 times
Where's the baby daddy?

The woman lays with a man and has a bastard baby she can't support.

And now she wants her lifestyle supported by the tax payers. Nope. Time for her to grow up.

Marketwatch is a leftist blog.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:20 PM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Are people just now complaining about paying back student loans. Do men not get and pay back student loans?

I think college students in general suffer a bit of a rude awakening upon graduation and being thrust into the real world with it expenses and balancing budgets and all.

I got thru college by working, student loans and grants. It took me 7 years. I had no student loan debt when I graduated. I was also raising two kids by myself at the time. I knew how to sacrifice and manage money.

My husband had a 10K debt when he graduated.

The only students I knew that were living the life of luxury during college were the young kids whose parents were paying for everything, school, housing, car, food, clothes, etc.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:24 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,870,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Right now women are the bulk of individuals attending school and getting a higher education. Not surprising.

Where are the families?

Me and my wife put our daughters through college. We were poor as paupers when they graduated but they owed about 6k when they were done.

It sure is, many are just running up student loan debt on cars, restaurants, multi-time a day latte and croissant habits with student loans driving to the coffee shop with an expensive car on student loans.

I was at a coffeeshop near a university the other day and many of the cars were extremely new. Many of the college students going there to study were spending nearly $15 on lunch-boxes, mocha and petite croissant lunch combos.

That $15 lunch at a chain coffee shop is rather expensive when interest on student loans is now in some cases 25 years at high interest rates.

Odd thing is there was only two other guys out of dozens at the coffee place and one guy had a $2 coffee and the other a $2 tea and one had trail mix.

The percentage of men going to university are much lower than one would think. Much of the Male enrollment is international enrollment.

Seems like for the first person the article was about, she didn't think it was fair that she had to continue to pay $500 because she had a baby and was on maternity leave.

I could see this becoming much more popular though where millennial women have a baby and see the new baby as justification for ignoring the federal student loan debt.

There really is a huge move among liberals and the Democratic party to forgive all this debt, so then the federal government has to forgo all this revenue and the people who took out tons of student loan debt to live luxury lifestyles for years and years on end have the slate free of student loan debt.

Lots of this student loan debt they have goes to expensive restaurants, $10 latte and croissant combo's, expensive cars to look rich and extremely expensive dorm's with all the bells and whistles and lots of other luxury items.

Old 03-09-2018, 01:57 PM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
It sure is, many are just running up student loan debt on cars, restaurants, multi-time a day latte and croissant habits with student loans driving to the coffee shop with an expensive car on student loans.

I was at a coffeeshop near a university the other day and many of the cars were extremely new. Many of the college students going there to study were spending nearly $15 on lunch-boxes, mocha and petite croissant lunch combos.

That $15 lunch at a chain coffee shop is rather expensive when interest on student loans is now in some cases 25 years at high interest rates.

Odd thing is there was only two other guys out of dozens at the coffee place and one guy had a $2 coffee and the other a $2 tea and one had trail mix.

The percentage of men going to university are much lower than one would think. Much of the Male enrollment is international enrollment.

Seems like for the first person the article was about, she didn't think it was fair that she had to continue to pay $500 because she had a baby and was on maternity leave.

I could see this becoming much more popular though where millennial women have a baby and see the new baby as justification for ignoring the federal student loan debt.

There really is a huge move among liberals and the Democratic party to forgive all this debt, so then the federal government has to forgo all this revenue and the people who took out tons of student loan debt to live luxury lifestyles for years and years on end have the slate free of student loan debt.

Lots of this student loan debt they have goes to expensive restaurants, $10 latte and croissant combo's, expensive cars to look rich and extremely expensive dorm's with all the bells and whistles and lots of other luxury items.
Good Grief, how do you keep up with, or even know, how much everyone in that coffee shop spent and what they ordered much less if they were taking classes and if they had student loans and what the interest rate and terms of their loan is. Do you work there and stalk them?

Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 PM

736 posts, read 354,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

Where are the families?

Most of the men are in engineering, computer science, and hard science. In my environmental and chemical engineering classes had a very high percentage of women, but men still out number them 3:1. On average most of my class projects had one women. There was one project I that I was the only male in the group, but on average I would say most group projects and senior design projects had at least one female. However, when I was an electrical engineer/computer science major there was hardly any women who were majoring in electrical or computer science.

Now in anatomy class, the ratio is completely in favor of women. It's like 9:1 in favor of women. This was the anatomy class that was a requirement for the nursing program.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
Quote:

The first person in the story who took out tremendous amounts of debt for a piece of paper was complaining about how her loans "compounded the challenges she faced as a new mom".

She then complains about paying $500 a month in student loans while on maternity leave. She decided to have a baby, she decided to take on lots of debt for a diploma.
If she wanted to become a mother so soon, why bother going to college at all? And where is the baby daddy to help out with the bills?

One doesn't need a college degree in order to be a good mother. In fact, her degree is just causing her more stress.

No sympathy from me!!!

Quote:
Liberals have been proposing that they want to wipe the slate clean of all the debt for luxury lifestyles these people live for years while in college.
Liberals also seem to think that every single young person needs a college degree. SO NOT TRUE!!!

And wouldn't it be more sensible for a high school graduate to get a job first, grow up some more, before deciding on a career path and what college degree is truly needed? Too many college graduates end up with useless majors and massive debt.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:13 PM

736 posts, read 354,119 times
Quote:

Everything is expensive around universities. My father would usually offer me money so that I could buy food on campus, but I would refuse. I would try to avoid buying food on campus. I'm not paying 10 dollars for a meal when I can prepare my own food at home at a fraction of the cost.

Old 03-09-2018, 02:17 PM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:

I bet her degree is in "Gender Studies".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies