Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
No sane person will believe Bannon! The ones who now believe Bannon are the ones who believe any anti Trump statement.

The man is discredited by his own doing.

Any defense lawyer will rip his testimony apart and any prosecutor will not be able to use him as a credible witness either!

Bannon is a self made loser as he killed his own career!
Depends on how well Bannon can document whatever it is he says, doesn't it?

You're right that no one will just take him at his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I think he'll throw Trump and the others right under the bus. He has absolutely nothing else to lose right now which makes him more dangerous to them than ever.
He would have done that a long time ago if he had anything on Trump.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:30 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
I think he'll throw Trump and the others right under the bus. He has absolutely nothing else to lose right now which makes him more dangerous to them than ever.
I agree, but if he does not, what will be that indicate.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
He would have done that a long time ago if he had anything on Trump.
Until very recently, Bannon believed that Trump was his vehicle for changing things in Washington. Why would he have wanted to throw Trump under the bus?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:16 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I never understood Bannon. A very intelligent, well read man with a strange and radical political philosophy. Apparently he wanted the government to fail and then be started all over again. Something like that.

So did that mean he wanted Trump to fail? Or he wanted Trump to win? And in either case, the government would collapse? Somehow he seemed to like being the power behind the man, pulling the strings like a puppeteer. But what his ultimate goal was, I have never completely understood.

It would see that his first big mistake was arguing with Jared Trump and the two of them calling each other names. He probably got fired for not getting along with Trump's family. Then he goes back to Briebart and is he for? or against? Trump. Mystery. But whatever he said about Trump's family and Trump himself, caught up with him again and--BAM! Gone for good.

Who knows what side he is on? Who can make any sense of the man?
To me he always seemed like a militant libertarian. I could not doubt the sincerity of his convictions even as I object to them.

However, as much as he may have wanted to tear down our governmental institutions he never wanted to hand over influence or favors to the Russians or any foreign power, as a [true] nationalist he drew the line there. And talk of a family political dynasty being set up must have made him apoplectic. I don't think Trump ever understood Bannon or the cause he stands for, he just used Bannon like a toilet seat.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Until very recently, Bannon believed that Trump was his vehicle for changing things in Washington. Why would he have wanted to throw Trump under the bus?
Trump fired him last August 2017 and he's been "mad at Trump" ever since.
Bannon worked for Trump for 1 year..August 2016 to August 2017.

All of a sudden now, January 2018 people seem to think Bannon has something on Trump ?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I wonder if anyone worries about possible conflict of interest with a lawyer having multiple clients who are Republicans that may be in hot water.
well it means either they all have a deal with Mueller or they all don't have a deal with Mueller. the attorney can't keep them all if some do some don't due to the conflict.

so the question quickly becomes are they all working for Mueller?

Old 01-11-2018, 05:23 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well it means either they all have a deal with Mueller or they all don't have a deal with Mueller. the attorney can't keep them all if some do some don't due to the conflict.

so the question quickly becomes are they all working for Mueller?
Verrry interrresting!!

Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Trump fired him last August 2017 and he's been "mad at Trump" ever since.
Bannon worked for Trump for 1 year..August 2016 to August 2017.

All of a sudden now, January 2018 people seem to think Bannon has something on Trump ?
1 year is way more than enough time. and to be fair I would think most people have assumed Bannon has dirt the whole time. nothing "sudden" about it. Sudden to YOU maybe not to the left.

of course maybe just maybe Trump is telling the truth and he is the innocent man in the eye of a storm. Or maybe trump is just a big fat liar...

Old 01-11-2018, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I wonder if anyone worries about possible conflict of interest with a lawyer having multiple clients who are Republicans that may be in hot water.
Well the Dems all turn to Marc Elias and there wasn't any worry.

If you allow it for one side then you have to allow it for the other side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies