Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM

13,732 posts, read 9,070,718 times

Advertisements

I always welcome good economic news. I never considered said news during Obama's time as being fake, and I do not believe so now.

As for President Trump: I say, kudos to him. While he may not have actually had a hand in the continuing good economy (I doubt reversing various executive orders of Obama's would be responsible), he also has not hurt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2017, 08:25 AM

32,883 posts, read 19,587,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Yeah too bad all this good economic news has absolutely nothing to do with Trump. We're still riding on the momentum started during the Obama years. Any economist will tell you that.

It's okay though if you want to keep believing this is all Trump's doing. I know you guys are currently scraping the bottom of the barrel trying come up with something, anything, that would cast a positive light on him.
then you would agree, that as Obama had announced that the recession was over in June of 09, the ending of the recession had nothing to do with Obama either, that the end of the recession just 5-6 months into the Obama Admin was based on a bush momentum

I'll give this momentum to the last admin, will you then admit, that Obama wasn't the savior and fix the recession

Cant have it both ways

Old 11-30-2017, 08:29 AM

10,103 posts, read 5,777,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Yeah too bad all this good economic news has absolutely nothing to do with Trump. We're still riding on the momentum started during the Obama years. Any economist will tell you that.

It's okay though if you want to keep believing this is all Trump's doing. I know you guys are currently scraping the bottom of the barrel trying come up with something, anything, that would cast a positive light on him.
So in other words, liberals are never going to give Trump any credit. They can always claim that Obama did that. I need to refresh my memory. What did Obama do? Oh yeah, he blamed his failures on Bush. Well, I just inherited this mess! Don't blame me! A good president doesn't blame. He rolls up his sleeves and tackles the problem at hand.

At least Trump is trying to fulfill his campaign promises instead of flat out lying to the American people. That's what Obama did when he claimed Obamacare was the greatest thing for America and we could keep our doctors.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:32 AM

14,489 posts, read 14,463,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump has been great for the economy as GDP revised up to 3.3 and today DOW 30 hits 24,000.

President Trump has been working non stop on all fronts to end and reverse the job killing policy's of the disastrous Obama administration.
He has been very effective conducting business on the golf course. His working holidays and vacations have been very productive as he works the phone to communicate with foreign and domestic leaders.
Overall he has been a great choice for president.
The economy is good because of the hard work done between 2009 and January of 2017 by President Obama and Congress. When Obama left office, the stock market was also at record highs. Unemployment was in the 4% range and GDP growth was 2% and growing.

Claiming credit for the good economy seems disingenuous at best for Donald Trump. Not only has he only been in office for ten months, during the election campaign he claimed the good unemployment numbers and other positive economic indicators back than were "rigged" or "fixed".

So, suddenly now that DT is President we are supposed to suddenly believe these numbers are no longer rigged or fixed. Instead, they represent the truth and Donald Trump is entitled to the entire credit for them although he even before he took office the numbers were almost as good. Ha ha ha.

It is Trump who puts out the real fake news in this country. Worse still, Trump is a fake President.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,001,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
then you would agree, that as Obama had announced that the recession was over in June of 09, the ending of the recession had nothing to do with Obama either, that the end of the recession just 5-6 months into the Obama Admin was based on a bush momentum

I'll give this momentum to the last admin, will you then admit, that Obama wasn't the savior and fix the recession

Cant have it both ways
By June 2009, Obama had already enacted several economic policies, including the stimulus that had started to kick in in June 2009.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:33 AM

12,715 posts, read 7,865,423 times
Get ready to own the recession. It's coming before Dear Leader finishes his first term. You won't be able to blame it on Democrats or Obama.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:34 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,224,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Another reason corporations do not need tax relief and the economy does not need further stimulus.
Right this is the odd thing..if things are so great, now is NOT the time for tax breaks....that should be done in bad times.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:34 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,862,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So in other words, liberals are never going to give Trump any credit. They can always claim that Obama did that. I need to refresh my memory. What did Obama do? Oh yeah, he blamed his failures on Bush. Well, I just inherited this mess! Don't blame me! A good president doesn't blame. He rolls up his sleeves and tackles the problem at hand.

At least Trump is trying to fulfill his campaign promises instead of flat out lying to the American people. That's what Obama did when he claimed Obamacare was the greatest thing for America and we could keep our doctors.
You must think Trump is a horrible President because he is constantly blaming Obama and all the previous presidents. Trump is constantly lying about his achievements.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:36 AM

18,551 posts, read 9,238,261 times
Here in the Rust Belt, new factories are going up everywhere thanks to Trump. Companies are bringing their operations back from Mexico and China. All the good union jobs are coming back. Middle class incomes are rising rapidly.

Thank God for Donald Trump!

Old 11-30-2017, 08:39 AM

19,792 posts, read 14,001,121 times
I look at the positive and Trump is benefiting from not doing what he promised on the campaign trail -- namely, threatening Mexico and China with tariffs ranging from 20% to 45%. Trade and exports are important to the American economy and inviting trade wars would only hurt. It's good that Trump forgot all about those.

If Trump was able to deport immigrants, that would be a drag on the economy too. Fortunately, the courts have had him tied up with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies