Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:20 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,742,226 times

Advertisements

When Obama was in office and Republicans were going all out insane, I predicted that should a Republican be elected president, they will plead for acceptance and civility which we have not given them because - why should we after how Obama was treated.

Now my prediction is, when Trump is no longer in office and Republicans are losing elections, Trump supporters will be offended by the insults and plead that we are all Americans after all and why is there so much hostility toward former Trump supporters. I suggest they read all the posts from Trump supporters and keep that in mind when all this comes about. Parties in power continually change and Trump supporters seem to think they elected a dictator that will rule like a monarchy. They should remember that it will change and perhaps sooner than they expected with 2018 coming very soon now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 07:23 PM

21,175 posts, read 19,786,513 times
And when the next Democrat president takes office, the libs will preach acceptance and civility.

The cycle continues.

Old 10-23-2017, 07:26 PM

27,693 posts, read 16,186,489 times
.... prophets among us

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 7 days ago)

52,715 posts, read 48,024,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
And when the next Democrat president takes office, the libs will preach acceptance and civility.

The cycle continues.
Politics may have cycles, but it actually may be longer before a Democrat gets elected to the presidency. A lot longer. I think people have learned enough lessons from Obama and Hillary and the Establishment that common sense might actually prevail.

While conservatives are more likely to practice civility, try not to think that the other side is willing to follow suit. You know that they won't.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:18 PM

17,463 posts, read 9,293,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
When Obama was in office and Republicans were going all out insane, I predicted that should a Republican be elected president, they will plead for acceptance and civility which we have not given them because - why should we after how Obama was treated.

Now my prediction is, when Trump is no longer in office and Republicans are losing elections, Trump supporters will be offended by the insults and plead that we are all Americans after all and why is there so much hostility toward former Trump supporters. I suggest they read all the posts from Trump supporters and keep that in mind when all this comes about. Parties in power continually change and Trump supporters seem to think they elected a dictator that will rule like a monarchy. They should remember that it will change and perhaps sooner than they expected with 2018 coming very soon now.
You are probably correct -
I remember well that you Predicted that Donald Trump would win the 2016 Election.

As usual, you were correct. You clearly have your finger on the Pulse of America.

Old 10-23-2017, 08:23 PM

1,348 posts, read 793,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Politics may have cycles, but it actually may be longer before a Democrat gets elected to the presidency. A lot longer. I think people have learned enough lessons from Obama and Hillary and the Establishment that common sense might actually prevail.

While conservatives are more likely to practice civility, try not to think that the other side is willing to follow suit. You know that they won't.
Whereas, I understand the underlying reasons you're making that prediction, history is quite interesting in this regard.

Since Democrat Harry Truman was elected in 1945, every "new" president after that has been from the other party. Incumbents running for a second term tended to get re-elected (Carter and Bush Sr are exceptions to that). And the only time since 1945 that the same party followed the one that just finished two terms was Bush Sr following Reagan.

Notice the flip-flopping. Column 5 declares the party...and where you see it duplicate is when the incumbent died in office or resigned (Nixon). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Based on that, I told friend in late 2015 that a Repub was very likely to win.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:06 AM

5,116 posts, read 2,059,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post

The cycle continues.
Is the acceptance then one guy on Salon once preached for? These articles was deleted on Salon and they're archived on sites like Wayback Machine and Archive.is.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:09 AM

46,328 posts, read 27,171,704 times
Quote:

I bet you did not predict the 1200+ governmental seat losses across the United States since 2009....

Old 10-24-2017, 06:40 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,004,312 times
My crystal ball said 8 yrs of Obama's economic stagnation racial dividing pen & phone policy making drove voters toward Trump because Hillary would be 4 more yrs of the same ... Russian interference ? Think again just like the saddle bags under Hillary eyes the liberal media said for months the POTUS was in the bag for her cheerleading all the way to election day.
Liberal media the true enemy of free loving people!

Old 10-24-2017, 09:35 AM

37,960 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:

I predict you will continue avoiding discussing policy because progressive policies are known failures. Instead you'll continue to make things up about republicans. Your post has no substance.

You lost. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies