Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 12:55 PM

11,125 posts, read 5,677,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Meanwhile, on Thursday, Aug 31, Trump nominated 16 judges. It went unreported for the most part.

There was a 2 pronged approach to retaking the judiciary of America. The first was to block all Obama's appointees. That was fairly simple, given the GOP stranglehold on the senate, and it created TONS of vacancies. Obama complained, but was powerless.
Then - incredibly - the Democrats lost the presidential race.

Now, the race is on. Republicans (I am one) will retake America by retaking the judiciary. Judges will be named and confirmed and as far as I can see there is nothing the Democrats can do. They can delay, but they can't stop it.

This thread shows the depth of ignorance of The Left. Donald Trump is not delaying anything that really matters, but the press and the late night gang has Lefties looking in the wrong direction.

Trump cries foul on judges, but he's ahead of Obama - LA Times

What you're really saying, is that these republican-appointed judges will be completely biased towards right-wing values and will skew justice away from all the rest of us. A most unworthy goal and one that just may backfire. Some of those judges may have enough personal integrity, to carry out their duties in a fair manner. Wouldn't that be a big disappointment for those hoping for a totalitarian dynasty to squash all other political and social agendas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 01:46 PM

68,436 posts, read 54,913,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And yet he's still more of a successful POTUS than the last one.

Wanna try and support that with facts are should we just score it an opinion? And we all know what's said about opinions.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 PM

68,436 posts, read 54,913,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
this is true.
There's no true or false with opinions, guess again.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:48 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,794,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
So far Trump's been nothing but a "failure" to America and an embarrassment................

Erasing Barack Hussein's legacy is not a failure. Obamacare is dead.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:00 PM

8,608 posts, read 5,703,759 times
Those wall protoypes are lookin' mighty swell.

Maybe they can stagger them and film The Maze Runner: Escape from Trumpworld there.

I don't see what else will come from all those man hours.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:11 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,096,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
What you're really saying, is that these republican-appointed judges will be completely biased towards right-wing values and will skew justice away from all the rest of us. A most unworthy goal and one that just may backfire. Some of those judges may have enough personal integrity, to carry out their duties in a fair manner. Wouldn't that be a big disappointment for those hoping for a totalitarian dynasty to squash all other political and social agendas.
no, what it means is that we will have judges on the bench that wont write new laws, but instead apply the constitution to the laws.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:47 PM

25,925 posts, read 17,727,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Yes. That is what I am saying. America should return to right wing values. There will be some unhappy folks, but America will be better for it.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:24 PM

9,326 posts, read 4,194,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And yet he's still more of a successful POTUS than the last one.
Amazing level of ignorance and denial.

So far Trump's successes have involved things like a greater number of Americans without health care, and increase in hate crimes, and alienation from our tradition allies. You haven't noticed his failure to pass a single major piece of legislation?

Old 10-22-2017, 05:47 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,686,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes. That is what I am saying. America should return to right wing values. There will be some unhappy folks, but America will be better for it.
what are "right wing values" these days?

I used to vote R, i voted R locally and nationally. But over the last 20 years the right has moved to far right and left me behind.

So i ask you what are Right Wing values these days?

When i look at the GOP i see party that started two wars that fights to avoid sharing any of our wealth and a party that is based on fear and bigotry.

it is NOT the Republican Party i supported for so long. It has become has become the tool of the uber wealthy. there is no point me laying it all out as i am sure you are fully aware who benefits from the policies of the Trump admin...

Old 10-22-2017, 05:49 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,479,381 times
it not like anything he doing to cause the delay, obama hawaii court, the demy and repub, mccain fighting him on every issue
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies