Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 09:38 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,384,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
Hahaha. You get the 'denial of the day' award.
Nope, you do.

No one has said ALL Trump supporters are Nazis or Nazi sympathizers. Those who identify as Alt-Right most likely are, including those who march while holding Nazi flags, or who march along side those holding Nazi flags - they may not identify as Nazis or sympathizers, but the act of marching with those who overtly hold those views makes them complicit.

So in other words, yet another thread premised on a lie, that for some reason will be allowed to continue.

Old 08-18-2017, 09:40 PM

45,671 posts, read 24,205,455 times
I don't label myself left but I think you would because I could never ever vote for Trump.

I don't think all the people who voted for Trump are Nazis or Nazi sympathizers or white supremacists.

This fact means your opening post is false. The 'Left' doesn't think anything...some of the left -- maybe -- but not all of it.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:12 PM

102,491 posts, read 108,983,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuanQuixote View Post
Given their erroneous logic that all Trump supporters are white supremacists/Neo Nazis, it follows that the actions of a few represent the group as a whole. Therefore they must believe all Muslims are either terrorists or sympathizers, right?
No one has ever said that. Nice try, at generating more fake news, though.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:18 PM

18,599 posts, read 7,475,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Not at all what I think we are saying is if you go to a really and the people next to you start chanting "Jews will not replace us" and you don't leave then yes you might not necessarily be a nazi you seem to share some of their views.
Do you like indoor plumbing? If so, it seems likely that you share one of their views.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:28 PM

11,572 posts, read 11,233,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
He is a sympathizer by virtue of being a Muslim. He accepts as divine truth a religion that says:

Kill the infidel beside you
Strike the head and hands from the unbeliever
Fight the infidel until the end of time
Sex with married is forbidden to you except those siezed by your hand (slaves siezed in Jihad).

By being a Muslin, he, by definition, believes that murder of "infidels" and rape of "infidel" women is acceptable.

And no, there are no comparable passages in Christianity or Judaism, which is going to be your next pititful argument. Islam is the ONLY major religion that demands neverending warfare against unbelievers.
I'm sure Timmy's friend is a "moderate" muslim who doesn't believe all that evil stuff that "radical" muslims take literally.....

Old 08-18-2017, 10:37 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,476,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
He is a sympathizer by virtue of being a Muslim. He accepts as divine truth a religion that says:

Kill the infidel beside you
Strike the head and hands from the unbeliever
Fight the infidel until the end of time
Sex with married is forbidden to you except those siezed by your hand (slaves siezed in Jihad).

By being a Muslin, he, by definition, believes that murder of "infidels" and rape of "infidel" women is acceptable.

And no, there are no comparable passages in Christianity or Judaism, which is going to be your next pititful argument. Islam is the ONLY major religion that demands neverending warfare against unbelievers.
This is as stupid as saying that all Christians sympathize with the Westboro nutters.

Old 08-18-2017, 10:38 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,316,874 times
I like how the OP had no link whatsoever regarding this claim, it was just something he said.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:09 PM

18,599 posts, read 7,475,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
This is as stupid as saying that all Christians sympathize with the Westboro nutters.
They're not "nutters". They're amoral lawyers out to make money.

Fifty or 60 years ago, they used to make their money representing Black people and suing people in Kansas for violating the new civil rights statutes. More recently, they made themselves as obnoxious as possible with the hope that people would react and do something that they could call a violation of their civil rights.

Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 PM

296 posts, read 233,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I have a colleague and a friend that is Muslim. He is neither a terrorists nor a sympathizer. You have created another useless thread.
And you feel this way because you know ONE guy?

Old 08-19-2017, 12:56 AM

31,430 posts, read 22,420,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No one has ever said that. Nice try, at generating more fake news, though.
No one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.