Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:09 PM

6,766 posts, read 4,464,485 times

Advertisements

In the end, he will become more and more bizarre. Just not sure if we will be able to tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 05:17 PM

26,209 posts, read 22,382,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This week... GOPers Preibus and Spicer are out, Sessions is on Trump's hit list, Trump attacks and threatens GOP Congressmen, they fire back, and Trump brings in his own non-GOP crew. So now we have an independent Presidency with no friends in Congress. And you thought it couldn't get any more weird and dysfunctional.
I knew it could get more weird and dysfunctional, that's why I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton. We will always have that no matter what "At least our POTUS isn't Hillary Clinton".

Old 07-28-2017, 05:24 PM

19,964 posts, read 7,924,868 times
I think the biggest problem with Trump is Ivanka and Jared. Trump is disloyal and ungrateful. I don't think Trump is a very good manager or leader. He's still better than Hillary but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve criticism.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:28 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,951,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well now neither Trump nor the RINOs will get anything done. The GOP won't give a poop about what Trump wants or doesn't want in terms of legislation and Trump will probably veto bills because he's a petty prick.

Hope you're enjoying all the winning!

Now that you mention it, I haven't heard Trump using that stupid "winning" thing lately. I guess he got so tired of winning that he doesn't need to say it any more. (not)

Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,810,073 times
Fascinating comments in this thread.

Dumping his Chief of Staff (an old school republican) should have been met with (at worst) interest or indifference. The hiring of an Old School warrior (who gets things done), should have been met with the same.

Instead the vitriol has reached a fever pitch. What hot button has been pushed?

Based on those in this thread whining the loudest, I think i like it....but at this point I'm not sure why. Is he a triangular genius? Is he going Bull Moose? Is he going to (figuratively) blow the place up and start over?

It's getting interesting.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:50 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,639,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Well now neither Trump nor the RINOs will get anything done. The GOP won't give a poop about what Trump wants or doesn't want in terms of legislation and Trump will probably veto bills because he's a petty prick.

Hope you're enjoying all the winning!
I mean, it's hard to alienate everyone in both parties and then expect them to work toward your legislative agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Yeah, at this point there's no reason for the Republicans to lift a finger for Trump after firing the guy that has the best Rolodex in town in terms of political donors.
I wouldn't if I were them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
How blind can people be to not see what has been going on.
Trump gave them a chance and they failed. They were never going to enact Trumps agenda and now that have used up any leverage they have with Trump. Trump has the leverage now. He is not obligated to sign anything they produce. They won't get the votes to override every veto or legislation sent to his desk and he won't sign without getting something in return. Congress is up for election in 2018 not Trump.
What leverage does Trump have? IF he wants to accomplish any of his OWN agenda (if he still has one) - he is going to need Republicans and Democrats to make that happen.

Which ones of them has any incentive to work with him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitshineTommy View Post
Please. Trump wouldn't have been elected dog catcher without the GOP's backing, even if it was lukewarm. He needed then to win, so don't spin this as a noble move by Trump - - he's a vindictive wannabe tyrant, nothing more.
Absolutely. And he still needs them today to accomplish anything.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:00 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,663,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The Rino's have made the GOP into the Goof Off Party..GOP won't get anything done. McCain is a anti Trump Jealous Rino.
yeah we get it, anyone who does not do exactly as you wish is a rino, we have heard this for years. it gets old.

The reality is Trump has gotten as close to barricading the doors as he can. Trump is isolating himself the same way he wants to isolate the USA. Maybe he figures if he is fighting with congress he can tell Putin that he is doing his best but government won't play...

Old 07-28-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
So what now? Do the Dems and Repubs come together and get rid of this nutcase?
it is the first thing that springs to mind. I guess the big question is where is Pence on this. How would it fit with our military and security forces and have you put enough money into cash to mop up the blood we will see on wall street. i know I have put enough cash aside to buy buy buy when it hurts my stomach to press the key.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:06 PM

21,427 posts, read 7,515,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This week... GOPers Preibus and Spicer are out, Sessions is on Trump's hit list, Trump attacks and threatens GOP Congressmen, they fire back, and Trump brings in his own non-GOP crew. So now we have an independent Presidency with no friends in Congress. And you thought it couldn't get any more weird and dysfunctional.
Gosh, I was thinking the same thing today. He seems to be cutting off from the Republicans by these actions.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I never thought trump was a die hard republican, thats why I voted for him. He is a nationalist and populist /america first candidate who won with pat buchanans playbook and he has done a fantastic job. Cracking down on illegal immigration and america first policies, etc. amazing start . The exact opposite pf the typical cuckservative

House approves spending bill with $1.6 billion to start Trump’s border wall

House votes to support Trump border wall - Washington Times

House cracks down on illegal immigrants with bills backed by Trump | Reuters

ICE Director Promises Stronger Crackdown In Sanctuary Cities « CBS San Francisco

Trump announces $10 billion Foxconn plant in Wisconsin

Greatest president in my lifetime and its not even close
oh come on, do you think for one second anyone here believes you think this?

Honestly?

You must surely know we all look at this and see you trying to convince yourself everything is great.

Gertrude would see straight through your play acting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies