Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Nope. Race is absolutely self-identified, and is always changing.

10 million Americans changed racial categories from the 2000 to 2010 Censuses.
I could put down I'm 100% Martian on the census form. Does that make me Martian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 07:55 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,602,522 times
Quote:
Race-ethnicity is self-identified.

LOL?
liberals

Old 06-26-2017, 07:57 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,939,566 times
Quote:
Wrong. Rachel Dolezal was booted for lying about her history and ethnic background, not for lying about her Census race self-identification. She had manufactured a fantasy life history.
Same as Elizabeth Warren claiming to be Native American when she is not. No difference.

Old 06-26-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
LOL...what ?!
This has to be sarcasm right ? Just has to be...
No, it's just typical liberal illogic. You are what you think you are, regardless of actual facts.

They don't think logically or rationally. They "emote."

Old 06-26-2017, 08:04 AM

57,383 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I could put down I'm 100% Martian on the census form. Does that make me Martian?
She will never convince doubters since it lacks significant documentation, the question is why do you care since she never used it to her advantage. There are more important issues to discuss relative to her background.

Obviously Trump lied and changed his name yet we are worried about Warren lying regarding her heritage, who cares.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Can you please cite this?

Show us a link where "The Cherokees" specifically confirmed that Elizabeth Warren has no Native American descent.
Here you go...
Quote:
Elizabeth Warren is not a citizen of the Cherokee Nation.
Elizabeth Warren is not enrolled in the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians.
And Elizabeth Warren is not one of the United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee.
Nor could she become one, even if she wanted to.

Despite a nearly three week flap over her claim of “being Native American,” the progressive consumer advocate has been unable to point to evidence of Native heritage except for an unsubstantiated thirdhand report that she might be 1/32 Cherokee. Even if it could be proven, it wouldn’t qualify her to be a member of a tribe: Contrary to assertions in outlets from The New York Times to Mother Jones that having 1/32 Cherokee ancestry is “sufficient for tribal citizenship,” “Indian enough” for “the Cherokee Nation,” and “not a deal-breaker,” Warren would not be eligible to become a member of any of the three federally recognized Cherokee tribes based on the evidence so far surfaced by independent genealogists about her ancestry.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...r-what/257415/

Old 06-26-2017, 08:12 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
True irony, he calls her Pocahontas for believing her family telling her she had Indian heritage, while he claimed to be Swedish for many years for the exact same reason:

Donald Trump Even Lies About Being Swedish (He

People believe family myths, Trump has as well. For him to attack her over this is truly ironic.
And -- let's just say that we discourage our children from calling people names -- why would our President set that example for our young people. It's very disturbing.

Old 06-26-2017, 08:13 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,359,612 times
Quote:
No, because "Martian" isn't a Census category. And I don't know what you mean by "100%"; there is no such option; Census requires you choose one category (which could be multiracial and the like, but there is no % option).

And what does it matter? Elizabeth Warren has never officially listed anything but "White" on Census forms and on university applications. She was always officially White. Her Native heritage, while she has talked about it, never played any role in her education or employment.

Trump cultists just think it's funny to call Native Americans "Pocahontas". Ha, ha. And Latinas are "Miss Housekeeping". Hilarious!

Old 06-26-2017, 08:14 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,652,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
She will never convince doubters since it lacks significant documentation, the question is why do you care since she never used it to her advantage. There are more important issues to discuss relative to her background.

Obviously Trump lied and changed his name yet we are worried about Warren lying regarding her heritage, who cares.
She did list herself as a minority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...NqvGM/amp.html

Quote:
Warren has said she was proud of her Native American heritage and that she listed herself as a minority in the legal directory from 1986 through 1995, because she was hoping to connect with “people like me.’’ The directory, however, did not list her as someone with Native American heritage. It simply said “minority.’’

Leonard P. Strickman, founding dean at Florida International University, one of the nation’s most diverse law schools, said deans often consult the Association of American Law Schools directory when seeking out minority applicants but look more at scholarship before making hires.
Trump didn't change his name, one of his ancestors did.

So, since Trump lies, it's ok that others do?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Quote:
She did list herself as a minority.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bos...NqvGM/amp.html

Trump didn't change his name, one of his ancestors did.

So, since Trump lies, it's ok that others do?
Providing arguments in support of a grown man name calling -- whole new low for our country.

Name calling is childish, non-productive & part of a bullying tactic. It's subtle but it is bullying.

We don't tolerate our children name calling why do we accept a President name calling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies