Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times

Advertisements

Regardless if you think this is fake/staged or that racism no longer exists in America, there's no denying she was treated disrespectfully and I hope American Airlines is held accountable for it.

Black American Airlines passenger booted from first class | The Voice Online

Quote:
ACCORDING TO a report from The Root, a black, female American Airlines passenger said she had her first-class ticket demoted on May due to supposed overbooking while her white friend’s ticket was not — and received extremely poor and derogatory treatment as a result
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 02:35 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
how do you overbook first class?

Old 05-10-2017, 02:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
How do we know it was about race?

Old 05-10-2017, 02:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
how do you overbook first class?
The article says the airline changed the planes (maybe the original one needed maintenance)

This means there were less first class seats.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
How do we know it was about race?

We dont, but based on how she was treated, it looks like it was. And to be clear, all of this is from the perspective of the white friend, not the black women.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:58 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Why is it as soon as something negative happens to a Black person, everyone starts screaming racism when if the same thing happens to a white person or Hispanic or Asian, few people give it a second thought?

Old 05-10-2017, 03:00 PM

749 posts, read 734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Regardless if you think this is fake/staged or that racism no longer exists in America, there's no denying she was treated disrespectfully and I hope American Airlines is held accountable for it.

Black American Airlines passenger booted from first class | The Voice Online
I've never had an airline ticket that included anything about my race.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:09 PM

16,587 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The article says the airline changed the planes (maybe the original one needed maintenance)

This means there were less first class seats.
I had the exact same thing happen to me when they switched planes on a long flight, and there were fewer seats in my upgrade class as a result. I am a white male (a truly discriminated against class) and was stuck in steerage.
I didn't have a fit, claim _____ism, fight with airport police, etc., and no one reported on it as if my rights had been abused.
These 1st world problems are laughable in the big scheme of life.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:17 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Yeah a major airline would discriminate like that in front of the entire world to see. Lmao

Old 05-10-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I had the exact same thing happen to me when they switched planes on a long flight, and there were fewer seats in my upgrade class as a result. I am a white male (a truly discriminated against class) and was stuck in steerage.
I didn't have a fit, claim _____ism, fight with airport police, etc., and no one reported on it as if my rights had been abused.
These 1st world problems are laughable in the big scheme of life.
Im assuming you didnt read the article as it isnt about the switching of the planes, it is about what happened once she asked why she could no longer sit in first class.

No one answered her, but they answered her white friend when she asked the same question 10 minutes later.

The black women is the one who paid for both tickets on her card, but her ticket was the one down graded, not her friends.

Additional questions were asked, all of them ignored when it was the black women asking, all of them answered when the white women asked.

You dont see any problems there, and why do you believe there was a fuse ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies