Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:01 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,552,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
I see there's a thread looking to the upcoming march, so how about a separate one about the actual march?

I didn't find out about it until this morning, and I would have participated, but I knew I couldn't get myself together by the 1:00 time. So I was very surprised to be crossing the area just before 3:00 and finding that marchers were still pouring out, marching up the Avenue, bigly. Very upbeat, thousands strong.

And I enjoyed the signs:

Show us your taxes, not your contempt!
This is not normal!
Even Tricky Dick released his tax returns!
1040 or fight! [In case you don't know history, that's a clever play on "5440 or fight."]
Show us your taxes - Quit Putin us off!
Hail to the Cheat!
and the typically direct New Yorker: F#&@# you, Trump! NY hates you!

Did any of you participate?
too bad its NOT REQUIRED

no president or candidate showed theirs before Nixon/McGovern

the facts remain...there is no REQUIREMENT to show their PRIVATE tax forms... or even health records of a candidate or a sitting potus

seriously...what would it show...wow a billionaire made a few 100 million or even a billion and paid his/her taxes, after deductions and credits (like his stolen return from the 90's...wow he had a CREDIT for his losses that year)

wow..in year(s) he has LOSSES, he was able to use those losses to effectively negate his tax bill....JUST LIKE EVERYONE else can

IF there was anything funny in his returns...the IRS would have him on collections.... that is a fact

otherwise...its not my business nor yours what he earned, lost, paid, or was credited

why is it that the fascist liberals are so concerned about what someone else pays or doesn't pay in taxes??

Old 04-15-2017, 05:03 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,822,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
too bad its NOT REQUIRED

the facts remain...there is no REQUIREMENT to show their PRIVATE tax forms... or even health records of a candidate or a sitting potus

seriously...what would it show...wow a billionaire made a few 100 million or even a billion and paid his/her taxes, after deductions and credits (like his stolen return from the 90's...wow he had a CREDIT for his losses that year)

wow..in year(s) he has LOSSES, he was able to use those losses to effectively negate his tax bill....JUST LIKE EVERYONE else can

IF there was anything funny in his returns...the IRS would have him on collections.... that is a fact

otherwise...its not my business nor yours what he earned, lost, paid, or was credited

why is it that the fascist liberals are so concerned about what someone else pays or doesn't pay in taxes??
Why is it that the trump apologists don't care that he lied to them?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:03 PM

32,832 posts, read 19,552,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
There's concern also that he's setting a precedent. He said when he campaigned that he would release them and that he would be the most transparent POTUS ever. Now of course no tax returns and he's not releasing the WH visitor logs.

Many states are trying to pass legislation that beginning in 2020 no one can be on the ballot for POTUS in that state unless they release their returns. Hopefully they can all pass this.
believe the bolded would be unconstitutional....

whats next a dna test??

Old 04-15-2017, 05:05 PM

11,395 posts, read 16,785,342 times
Quote:
Absolutely right! Elections do have consequences - really bad consequences where an ignorant, bigoted, sexist, lying, bullying novice wins a dubious election by virtue of hate-mongering, billions worth of free publicity, and a boost from foreign intervention with fake news.
Come on, tell us how you really feel.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:08 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,613,155 times
It's not required for any president to release his tax returns and I can care less to see or not to see them. What good will it do?

Trump's mistake was not telling people that he does not plan to show his returns as he was a private citizen prior to winning the WH.

Do LIBS wake up thinking about things to protest?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:21 PM

46,381 posts, read 27,242,883 times
You know, if the left was as determined about these tax returns, ohhhhhhhhh, as much as actually what really mattered.....something might get accomplished.....possibly.....

Old 04-15-2017, 05:28 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,115,690 times
Looks like there was a nice turnout across the country.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:34 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,106,019 times
Quote:
I see there's a thread looking to the upcoming march, so how about a separate one about the actual march?

I didn't find out about it until this morning, and I would have participated, but I knew I couldn't get myself together by the 1:00 time. So I was very surprised to be crossing the area just before 3:00 and finding that marchers were still pouring out, marching up the Avenue, bigly. Very upbeat, thousands strong.

And I enjoyed the signs:

Show us your taxes, not your contempt!
This is not normal!
Even Tricky Dick released his tax returns!
1040 or fight! [In case you don't know history, that's a clever play on "5440 or fight."]
Show us your taxes - Quit Putin us off!
Hail to the Cheat!
and the typically direct New Yorker: F#&@# you, Trump! NY hates you!

Did any of you participate?
It would require years of experience as a corporate CPA to interpret his tax return. All you would get is highlights from mathematical illiterates, mostly to bash Trump. Obama ordered spying on Trump, my guess is he ordered the audit of Trump as well.

Note, Trump has a degree in economics, and he doesn't even attempt to file without a slew of accountants. Did you graduate Wharton?

Old 04-15-2017, 05:39 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,754,330 times
Such important issues. How about everyone show yours?

Old 04-15-2017, 08:47 PM

57,405 posts, read 26,390,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
too bad its NOT REQUIRED

Only 50 years of precedent?

Anyone still believe he is still being audited, it would be nice to see the returns of this great businessman. What is there to hide, he is so successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies