Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 05:45 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,785,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I remember a few interviews with George Bush they kept asking him to commit on Trump all he would say was the job will change him he was right once he got into office and had the weight of the world on his shoulders his redric has changed. I think now he is feeling the enormous responsibility the most powerful office in the world. As I have always said any man who takes that office will rise to level of the office.

What happened to the wrecking ball we elected?
He is going low energy, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 05:46 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,220,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, 17 intelligence agencies ALL had a Democratic agenda? Have anything factual on that?

Oh please, give the man some credit, Trump has NO problem displaying he's a loose cannon, no help needed.
Russia hacked Vermont electrical grid, Putin to shutdown American School, Golden Showers, Collusion, hacked Ukrainian artillery, etc....all BS fake news or no concrete evidence for it.

Either Trump is a puppet bound to Putin or an unbound loose cannon, he can't be both.

Old 04-13-2017, 05:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,806,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
These are not mutually exclusive statements.
Nope.

Trump was blind as a bat thinking Putin and Assad were his buddies he can work with. He got played, and then acted out of an emotional outburst (like a loose cannon).

Old 04-13-2017, 06:09 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,683,057 times
Quote:
I remember a few interviews with George Bush they kept asking him to commit on Trump all he would say was the job will change him he was right once he got into office and had the weight of the world on his shoulders his redric has changed. I think now he is feeling the enormous responsibility the most powerful office in the world. As I have always said any man who takes that office will rise to level of the office.
I think the dude knows that the best way to throw shade on the investigation into his treasonous collusion with Putin is to start a war with Russia. Of course he and Putin slammed vodka shots and cackled together while discussing how they were going to work together destroy Lyin' Hillary. Of course this was all caught on tape. Of course Trump's weak attempt to investigate the investigators by being outraged by the "wiretaps" wasn't going to work. The only way to fix this now is to get with the program -- so long as he's doing the bidding of the global elites, no one cares about what crimes he did or did not commit. And since the man has no scruples, principles or soul, this one's a no brainer.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,827,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What happened to the wrecking ball we elected?
He is going low energy, too.
What do you mean, "we" elected?

I had nothing to do with it.

And of course his energy has diminished. For the first time in a long time, he's having to actually work, instead of just order people around. And reality bites.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 PM

1,248 posts, read 827,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am also severely worried that Massive Russia with its 140 Million people and $1.3 Trillion economy will conquer the tiny EU with its 530 Million people, $17 Trillion economy, and nuclear armed members.

The United States will have to spend another 72 years occupying much of Europe to protect this weakling from the great Soviet - errr - I mean Russian threat. We are only massively in debt, but at least we can spend more on our military so you can spend more on your people. Works out great!

It would be impossible for us to shut down some bases to save money and then get involved if Russia ever actually does invade...it would also be impossible for the EU to pool its own resources to defend itself...
Do not pretend the US would even try to defend us from Russia if the Russians ever did anything. Most likely they would side with Stalin... I mean Putin, and send aid to him, like they did last time. Unlike you, I know my history.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM

1,248 posts, read 827,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Very creative use of the word "abandon" since it is Germany, along with most other NATO signatories, that have willfully abandoned their article three obligations.
Why should we pay for American wars? So that the US would bomb even more Middle Eastern countries and create even more terrorists - and then force them all on us?

Old 04-13-2017, 01:43 PM

39,381 posts, read 27,772,073 times
Germans, meaning the German government, can not do this arbitrarily on a whim. After all, Germany is a NATO member and the NATO contract would therefore be broken between Germany and the USA. The German government could kick out US military bases but that would require amendments to NATO.

I think Germany should be 100% independent.

Germany has one of the world’s most highly-trained and elite special forces units, the KSK, who are one of the only armed forces on earth that could possibly go head-to-head with Russia’s Spetsnaz and still come out on top. In the thousands of emergency actions and wartime scenarios they have been called in for, they have never been defeated or routed - and they have only even discharged their weapons seven times in their history.

The current Germany would definitely defend itself against Russia or any other countries and not split it up with the USSR like in WWII.

So give German 100% independence. Win win for both the U.S. and Germany! Germany should reconsider being the member of NATO andt is time to get rid of Merkel.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:53 PM

39,381 posts, read 27,772,073 times
Also want to add, Germany is bound with WWII treaties on what it can and can’t do. It is b.s. today. Germany is a star country and should be allowed to do what they want to do.

Old 04-13-2017, 01:55 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,626,852 times
Quote:

Better described as bringing the level of the office down to his own, which is far lower than even his strongest critics previously could imagine. To say that Trump flips 180 degrees on an issue, doesn't describe it very well. He goes into the 4th dimension and beyond. His own staff and cabinet, as well as the rightists in congress, can't keep up with his policy shifts and are thrown into conflicts with each other. The fragmentation of his own base of support, has only so much more ability to sustain a workable system. This has become more of a "Game of Thrones", than it is a modern United States government. I predict that by next fall, there will be a prime-time TV series, based on this debacle. Will it be classified as drama or comedy or horror? Probably some of all those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies