Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:39 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,734,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If only reporters were dogged and determined to have done a thorough investigation on Obama...
So there's no right-leaning reporter anywhere in the world who was interested in investigating Obama? If there were things to be found, it would have been pure gold for them. You tell me why they didn't do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 02:54 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,834,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Shows 3 things.
Trump has no heart. No shock.
The press really is out to get Trump.
The various awards like the Pulitzer reward left causes.
This is absolutely true. When your objective is to destroy somebody there is no expectation of fairness. And anybody who investigates Trump will be likely to get a prize.

I wonder what facts the reporter left out. We'll never know.

Old 04-11-2017, 02:55 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,834,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Trump said numerous times during the campaign that he has donated MILLIONS of dollars to charities. Since that was proven to not be true, then he must have been lying.
Where was that proven to be true? I'm not saying it isn't true, but where was it proven to be not true.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:15 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,541,784 times
So you don't care if he lies about anything at all. Not surprising after all.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:25 PM

25,793 posts, read 17,567,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok. let us run with your premise then. If you do not care about him being charitable, do you care about your President being truthful ?...........
Mostly we care about our President being (A) not Hillary and (B) a Republican so that we can get the Supreme Court that America needs.

He's the guy the Republican Party went with.
Isn't that why you voted for Hillary?

Old 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,042,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

Once again - this isn't about the money. This is about lying.

Do you care if he lies?
Eh...it's kind of hard to care about it at this belated point. After Bill Clinton's and Barack Obama's respective eight-year long whopper-fests, it appears that lying must have become part of the presidential job description at some point.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:57 PM

22,592 posts, read 12,168,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
So there's no right-leaning reporter anywhere in the world who was interested in investigating Obama? If there were things to be found, it would have been pure gold for them. You tell me why they didn't do it?
Things were found out about Obama but you libs refused to believe any of it. You all laughed and accused those who dug up dirt on him as wearing tin foil hats.

The MSM gave Obama a free pass and handled him with kid gloves.

Old 04-11-2017, 06:12 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,394,915 times
i'm glad he covered both stories, but if this is what qualifies for a pulitzer these days, then reporting has hit an all time low. Receiving a tip about an access hollywood story and reporting on it, and asking a charity if Trump had made good on his pledge seems like routine stuff in the world of reporting. I don't know, I'm not a reporter, so I have no idea if he went "above and beyond" in getting these stories, but this seems like routine journalism to me, even if the first story did lead to a tremendous amount of media attention.

Old 04-11-2017, 07:42 PM

610 posts, read 538,276 times
So this reporter wasted his time investigating someone's private charitable contributions? Big scandal? What about war, crime, terrorism, etc? Too minor for his attention? I guess the Pulitzer prizes will follow the Nobel Peace Prize into the toilet. Proof--I understand Noonan won one also, for writing endless columns about nothing.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:17 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,734,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Things were found out about Obama but you libs refused to believe any of it. You all laughed and accused those who dug up dirt on him as wearing tin foil hats.

The MSM gave Obama a free pass and handled him with kid gloves.
The MSM isn't the only news on earth. Even they can't overpower a true scandal. BS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies