Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 PM

33,610 posts, read 18,286,361 times

Advertisements

War happens. God had warred against Lucifer in heaven and threw him out along with one third of the angels. He was a rebel and wanted to be higher than God .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 06:30 PM

15,190 posts, read 12,367,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
No. I think China and Russia know first hand just how much pain a world war would inflict, and you do not want to see total war with the types of modern weapons we now have available. Russia, China, Europe, and the US have simply way too much to lose to be set back 100 years by a total war. Terrorism and global warming are a bigger problem than a WW3 happening. Terrorists with a dirty bomb or bio weapons are much more of a concern.
IMO nuclear missiles capable of hitting the US in the hands of a whackjob like Kim Jong Un are as much of a threat as terrorism. They might not yet have those missiles but they're working up to get them and I don't doubt NK will carry out their threats to use them when they are able.

I'd hope that China would keep the NK nuclear threats at bay, but I'm skeptical of both their abilities and motivation to do so, and then what about Iran with all its nuclear arsenal becoming NK's new best friend?

What to do? I don't know, and I feel singularly unqualified to even say one way or the other what the US and its allies should do. I just know I pray for our leaders and those who must make those decisions, that they will have the wisdom and insight to follow the best path.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:37 PM

15,377 posts, read 12,720,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
War happens. God had warred against Lucifer in heaven and threw him out along with one third of the angels. He was a rebel and wanted to be higher than God .

Old 04-10-2017, 06:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,524,753 times
I would partner with China to take Kim fat boy out. Grant china north Korea with the provision any Koreans could emigrate to South Korea assuming the south wanted them. In return they release claims on Tibet.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:40 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,466,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
IMHO.
I think essentially neither the US nor Russia really want a war. In the end there would be nothing to gain for all big players in a WW3. China knows that, the US knows it and Russia knows it, too.
China when push comes to shove, would take care of NK and the US and Russia would/will saber-rattle but not actually attack one another.
Now a proxy-war is not impossible however, but not a full scale confrontation between any of the big players.

It is a bit ironic however that after proclaiming Trump to be the bringer of peace, it is under him that tensions are at their highest in a long long time.....
While I'm a bit disappointed in the Syria bombing, I do think he will only go to war if we are attacked. I hope so anyway. All we have now is two fingers in the crossed position.

I do hope he sticks as close as he can to his message.

Old 04-10-2017, 06:41 PM

3,457 posts, read 1,466,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Old 04-10-2017, 07:25 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:

Whatever happened to..

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew

Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,524,753 times
Quote:
So God is prowar? Hmmm. There is this one neighbor who bugs me. I guess I can declare war on him and be redeemed.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:27 PM

14,798 posts, read 14,792,030 times
Quote:
Yeah well, this is real life not Lord of the Rings or whatever story it is you just described.

Old 04-10-2017, 07:42 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,568,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post

Whatever happened to..

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God." Matthew
Or another famous saying "thou shall not kill"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies