Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:40 AM

10,741 posts, read 4,340,156 times

Advertisements

I think if you have something to say, regardless of whether its interesting or not, you should repeat it a lot, because the audience is more likely to remember it if you keep repeating it.
Our President Trump always has the audience in the palm of his hands, even when he's talking about something dull.
He's the master of the dealivery.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:40 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's probably some sales tactic he employs. Repeat something enough times and it becomes embedded in people's memories.
Well, they say that when you make a speech, you:

1. Tell them what you are going to tell them
2. Tell them
3. Tell them what you just told them

Maybe this is what he is shooting for, but its not coming out right, because he begins in step #2 and gets stuck there.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:45 AM

10,741 posts, read 4,340,156 times
Also, President Trump has the best sense of humor we've ever seen in the White House.
I loved it when he was reciting 1182(f) of the constitution and he stopped to say that the line should be "he or she" instead of "he" to emphasize his political correctness (something which he's not known for).
He mentioned the "he or she" thing twice, and smiled big league at the irony

Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, they say that when you make a speech, you:

1. Tell them what you are going to tell them
2. Tell them
3. Tell them what you just told them

Maybe this is what he is shooting for, but its not coming out right, because he begins in step #2 and gets stuck there.
This is my understanding, based on Public Speaking 101.

Which I did take in college, btw. Made an A, even.

As in:

Today I want to talk to you about grilled cheese sandwiches and our administration's policy on grilled cheese sandwiches.

Now, we all know that grilled cheese sandwiches are delicious. They can be made with a variety of cheeses and breads. After recent studies highlighting the importance of calcium in the diet, and after careful scientific study, our top minds have learned that the best grilled cheese sandwich for maximum calcium plus maximum taste is a grilled cheese on sourdough with extra-sharp cheddar. I'm very pleased because this one, folks... it's one of my personal favorites (audience chuckles).

I know you all will have some questions, and we'll get to those in a moment. But, I want to stress this: cheddar and sourdough grilled cheese sandwiches are superior in every way and we are currently in the works to make this sandwich our "National Sandwich." Now I'll take some questions about this delicious meal option...

President Trump? Call me. I really don't like you, but I can write a hell of a simple speech.

23,766 posts, read 29,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
His son Barron has been accused by some of having Autism.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Trump had a mild form of it and passed it on to his son.

Note that I don't think that means Trump or his son are stupid.

well, one out of two ain't bad

12,202 posts, read 7,220,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Repeating a point for emphasis only works if the thing you're repeating is worth emphasizing.

Example of Trump speak:

"We're going to build a wall It'll be the best wall. The best wall. A really great wall. Greater than that wall in China."

Okay... now, did he say anything worth repeating? Hell no.

Do his supporters think this is fine oration?

Probably, but this makes me assume that their vocabularies are quite limited, just like his.

It's embarrassing to have a President of the US who cannot articulate a point without sounding like a doofus who barely passed 8th grade.

He just says stuff and doesn't explain why he's doing it or what value it'll bring. He is so random. He spends more time detailing the importance of his polling numbers, inaugural attendance, or Ivanka's clothing line being rejected by major retailers than he does talking about anything of import to the body politic.

I doubt he knows what the "body politic" is.

I shake my head at him so often. Sad.
That's who he is and that's his style. We all have our own personalities and peculiarities. It's what makes us all unique and interesting. Why does he have to be like what you want him to be?

If you want a polished, eloquent speaker, there's plenty of those but they don't necessarily make good presidents.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:48 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
Also, President Trump has the best sense of humor we've ever seen in the White House.
I loved it when he was reciting 1182(f) of the constitution and he stopped to say that the line should be "he or she" instead of "he" to emphasize his political correctness (something which he's not known for).
He mentioned the "he or she" thing twice, and smiled big league at the irony
He's funny, alright.

LOL.

We he spoke of that reporter bleeding out of her "whatever." I mean... that's comedy gold.

Ugh.

7,528 posts, read 10,254,742 times
Why does Trump constantly repeat himself? ADHD is my guess.

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's probably some sales tactic he employs. Repeat something enough times and it becomes embedded in people's memories.
Or maybe it's just Lenin's tactic of a lie being told often enough becoming 'truth'.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

It's not funny when people stutter. It's not funny when people who are handicapped have trouble controlling their limbs.

Making fun of a handicapped person was about as low as one could go and really addressed the core of Trumps demeanor.
And yes i've noticed he does repeat or needlessly embellish most everything he says, i suspect its an inner need to make his vacuous mutterings seem more important than they actually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies