Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 10:40 PM

800 posts, read 508,914 times

Advertisements

London Shopkeeper Branded 'Racist' for Promoting British Culture

The London shopkeeper simply opens a store named "Really British", selling goods that are traditionally considered British, and he receives a lot of very negative reactions. Thats correct people, a quaint old fashioned gift shop is now considered racist by the regressive left. We certainly can't have a person selling and celebrating items that are related to their own culture, and in their own country now can we? How dare that bigot sell fancy little tea cups! ! Unreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 10:59 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
I personally like to collect Real World War II Memorabilia. I have enough items to open a small store.

Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Union Jack items, I also like the shop name "Really British". Union Jack is really British; not like it is really German or really American lol

I think people should get over their fake outrage. It is not healthy. Try yoga.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 12-08-2016 at 11:17 PM..

Old 12-09-2016, 12:43 AM

9,142 posts, read 5,807,618 times
So read about it at another site.
https://www.google.com/search?q=%E2%...hrome&ie=UTF-8

(or just attack the messenger.)

Old 12-09-2016, 12:52 AM

It looks like he just wants to sell some British items. Why is it an issue? I think people should have more freedom, not less.

It is not like he tried to hurt anybody. Gee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yntg5KO08NQ

It looks like he has some really cute stuff. I will make sure I check it out next time I visit my brother.

Old 12-09-2016, 12:57 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Leftist think white existence itself is racist.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yntg5KO08NQ

Look at those cute boots! starting 1: 32 WOW

Old 12-09-2016, 01:20 AM

800 posts, read 508,914 times
The owner seems like a very nice fellow, and I think it looks like a delightful little store. There should be absolutely nothing controversial about this whatsoever. Its a great example though of how the far left has been brainwashed into worshipping multiculturalism SO much that they condemn any little celebration of their own culture.

One employee even quit after one day because of the verbal abuse. People have threatened to protest outside the store. I don't think too many American liberals are quite this crazy, yet, but after their hatred for Trump simmers a little longer, who knows. After Brexit, Britain is of course very divided as well.

And as someone else kindly suggested, if you automatically dismiss anything from Breitbart, just google the name of the store and find it elsewhere.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:28 AM

^^^ agreed!

I think most people make hateful judgement based on what they think would offend without actually bothering to find out the facts. We should support any business that promote their country. Plus, free market, freedom, equality, and all

If people are offended well they have a choice to stay here or move on. If people tried this avenue in many other countries they would be told to like it or lump it. Why should they change their Britishness for anyone, every person should be allowed to be proud of their country's heritage without being called a racist.

Say if somebody open a shop selling chopsticks and they choose to name the shop REALLY BRITISH, as long as there is a market, go for it.

What's up with all these censorship talk?

Old 12-09-2016, 01:37 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,902,340 times
You realize that if we just look at liberals and laugh every time they make their faux accusations of racism, they lose all their power, right?

Quit giving them attention. Quit giving their views a platform. Liberals are a joke, and the entire world is starting to wake up to it.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:42 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,433,439 times
I don't know if this is a storm in a teacup. But, if this man has received actual threats, I hope the police come down on the offenders heavily.

I would love to know who the offenders are, and their background. How can a shop selling the same sort of thing sold in countless tourist shops in the west end of London be racist, and those shops are not?

Is it the same snowflakes upset at the Brexit result? I wouldn't be surprised at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies