Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 04:14 PM

575 posts, read 299,444 times

Advertisements

President Elect Trump was against it. Thought that Bush and Cheney were dumb as rocks for invading, and dug us a $4 Trillion dollar whole which will take a generation to dig out of. Thats one thing I can't argue with and I know Trump supporter must feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 04:16 PM

39,260 posts, read 27,661,377 times
.. and these wounded veterans.. They are really suffering.

At least, President Trump already saved us from a war with the Russians. This is a war we cannot afford or win. President Putin is a patriot and his people love him. I think he is a great leader. Putin that is.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
At least, President Trump already saved us from a war with the Russians.
Very likely. Instead he'll cut a deal with Putin. Take care of Syria and in return take everything east of the Dnieper River in Eastern Ukraine. See, that was easy.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:28 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,997,793 times
Only dictatorship can keep the Middle East in check sadly. But I applaud Bush for TRYING to establish democracy there. Its just a shame it had to come at the expense of many lives lost.

Bush had a much tougher period than Obama. Imagine if 9/11 happened on Obama's watch.. Oh good lord.

9/11 happened because Clinton didn't take out Al Qaeda sooner. But there liberals never seem to act on anything until its too late or act on NOTHING at all.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,585,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.. and these wounded veterans.. They are really suffering.

At least, President Trump already saved us from a war with the Russians. This is a war we cannot afford or win. President Putin is a patriot and his people love him. I think he is a great leader. Putin that is.
As long as Trump gives Putin what he wants, there will be no war. Afterall Trump is Putin's puppet.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
As long as Trump gives Putin what he wants, there will be no war. Afterall Trump is Putin's puppet.
well, deal making does not make anybody anybody's puppet.

Trump shares authoritative leadership style similar to Putin. Most often, leaders who shares similar style of leadership get along on the lines of foreign policy. Trump couldn't have gotten this trait through political experience because he has none.

As of now, Trump couldn't have gotten influence by Russia or any of its leaders because of the reserved stature Trump portrays but now he might get influenced as he is on the open ground along with work leaders and Putin and Modi are the only ones who share a similar leadership style at this moment among top economies.

Russians want a positive working relationship with the America. I don't have much experiences with regular Russians, but I do know quite a few college athletes when I was in college. I think Russian people are such admirable people and they don't give up easily. At least the Russians I know deserve all the respect because honor is big in my book. If we want to talk about sports and athletes, Russian athletes (the ones I know at least) DO NOT play dirty. They are very honorable people.

Anyway, I don't know what will happen in the future, but I want a working relationship with the Russians. War is not an answer.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Imagine if 9/11 happened on Obama's watch.. Oh good lord.
Yeah, you would have Impeached him.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:11 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,502,350 times
Quote:
Iraq was a disaster
the o.p. makes it sound like past tense. It isn't .oh and let's not forget Somalia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria, Yemen, Libya. It all needs to stop and BushObama co. Should stand trial for it all.
Hopefully the neoclowns won't infiltrate the Trump admin., but it's not looking good.
Hillary would have continued the global waring.

Old 11-13-2016, 05:20 PM

5,901 posts, read 3,910,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Hopefully the neoclowns won't infiltrate the Trump admin., but it's not looking good.
Oh, they will...and from the looks of things, already are..

Old 11-13-2016, 05:25 PM

On the other hand, one cannot completely trust Putin. It doesn’t appear that Trump understands Putin’s geo-political game plan on the world stage.

Mike Pence, has had a much more realistic view of Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies