Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2016, 05:37 PM

73,116 posts, read 62,763,156 times

Advertisements

Black, middle class male here with a college degree and White collar job. I voted for Gary Johnson. I didn't like Clinton or Trump. I wanted Bernie Sanders to win the nomination. Of the Republicans, John Kasich would have made the best candidate. Trump won instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2016, 05:39 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,938,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black, middle class male here with a college degree and White collar job. I voted for Gary Johnson. I didn't like Clinton or Trump. I wanted Bernie Sanders to win the nomination. Of the Republicans, John Kasich would have made the best candidate. Trump won instead.
I really liked Kasich. It would have been the first time I have ever voted for a republican (president), but he was all but ignored by the GOP voters. I didn't get it at all. I thought he would have been a great president. I guess because he was too middle of the road?

Old 11-08-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
I really liked Kasich. It would have been the first time I have ever voted for a republican, but he was all but ignored by the GOP voters. I didn't get it at all. I thought he would have been a great president.
I've voted for both Republicans and Democrats. I liked Kasich too. If he had won the nomination, I would be picking him for President.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,896,948 times
Quote:
I really liked Kasich. It would have been the first time I have ever voted for a republican (president), but he was all but ignored by the GOP voters. I didn't get it at all. I thought he would have been a great president. I guess because he was too middle of the road?
He is a Christian social conservative and a globalist career politician for open borders, free trade and panders to non-whites and foreigners, with a bad temper he barely manged to hide. Which part did you like? I was only okay with the Christian social conservative part.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:37 PM

2,309 posts, read 904,947 times
Quote:
Also, live well with a good income, nice home, newer cars, and kids in college, with nothing ever handed to me. I work hard.

Just saying we are out there.
So are black Trump supporters like me.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:41 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,875,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The rhetoric can get ugly, but ultimately I think we all want the same thing, a good future for ourselves and our loved ones. And that's something I've been thinking about a lot today.
yes I totally agree/ and I don't think we need to be divided as a country over these things.

I thnk Muslim refugees wouldn't be flooding the world if the world wasn't bombing the heck out of their countries!!!

Old 11-14-2016, 03:42 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,875,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You have it wrong. Minorities have to be ten times better than their white counterparts in order to be hired or accepted . (President Obama) . ..... Note the two current candidates . Now. Compare them to President Obama's academic achievements and his wife's. Compare his (doesn't have any) scandals to trump and clintons scandals. See my point. Thats why hispanics are winning in this country. And Asians. And west indians. And west africans. And MEasterners. They outwork you and hard work pays off. Period.
OOps misread your post--
totally agree_
Asians in particular- it would be WAAYYY easier to get into college WITHOUT affirmative action.

little known secret, that.

Last edited by CAjerseychick; 11-14-2016 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: oops

Old 11-14-2016, 06:47 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,652,907 times
White, working class/middle class, voted for Clinton

Old 11-14-2016, 07:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,896,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
OOps misread your post--
totally agree_
Asians in particular- it would be WAAYYY easier to get into college WITHOUT affirmative action.

little known secret, that.
Then why do they vote ~65% Democrat that would never roll back affirmative action? Maybe because Asians are very overrepresented in college and at the same grades and standardize test scores have about the same acceptance rate as whites. Maybe affirmative action in reality isn't hurting them and they're not the ones shouldering the burden at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You have it wrong. Minorities have to be ten times better than their white counterparts in order to be hired or accepted . (President Obama) . ..... .

Just 10 times better? I thought minorities had to 100x better . Dang, Hillary wasn't even 1/10 as good as cool hip cat Obama? Ouch.

Old 11-18-2016, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
White, working class/middle class, voted for Clinton
Black American male, middle class,white collar(and a nerd), college educated. Voted for Gary Johnson. I didn't like Trump and I didn't feel right about Clinton either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies