Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 04:49 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,229,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
They are indeed not fair. However, there are those who don't like Black Americans, who would try to use anyone in order to spite Black Americans. Most of the time, Asian-Americans are used as the "model minority" as to say "why can't you Blacks be more like Asians"? In some cases, there are those who will use Hispanics as to say "why can't Blacks be more like those hardworking Hispanics". Very few cases is there ever "why can't Blacks be more like Nigerians or Jamaicans or (insert foreign-born Black group)". It is rare to put foreign-born Blacks in the "model minority" category, even if said group is doing well.
This all goes back to the self loathing that takes place in the black community.

I will mention this. I can recall a few times being told by a few Black females of immigrant parents that their parents didn't want them dating African-American men.
The contempt that [many] foreign black men have for American black men has been going on for ages. Ironic, considering that their American-born children will be viewed the same way.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I think that in order to have this discussion honestly you would have to broaden the self hatred issues and ask equal questions regarding black men.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8X14Uthdneo

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 03-20-2017 at 05:18 PM..

Old 03-20-2017, 04:58 PM

https://urbanintellectuals.com/2017/...fend-backlash/

Tyrese Is Being Slammed for His

Old 03-20-2017, 05:00 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxp8rMTlxbI

Old 03-20-2017, 05:06 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
The contempt that [many] foreign black men have for American black men has been going on for ages. Ironic, considering that their American-born children will be viewed the same way.
A few months ago, I sat in an auditorium during our local Ethiopia Day event and listened to a young Ethiopian-American explain that very frankly to the attending audience. He even pulled the "When the police say 'All you n!99ers out of the car!" card.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
My post was quoted but I do not understand the response. Care to elaborate?

Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Who said anything about remaking the country in our image? Remember the lessons of Liberia?
You did. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What black people need in this world is a successful black nation, where the standard of living is above the global average....where the economy is not based upon tourism or agriculture, but technology, manufacturing and exporting. That is where I feel black consciousness should be.....building such a nation. I think a small nation like Ghana, Jamaica, Hati... should be targeted for black direct foreign investment....to build schools, infrastructure, hospitals, etc.
A lot of cultural heritage in such countries is tied into their relationship with nature founded on agriculture rather than "technology, manufacturing, and exporting."

All of that requires gutting nature, not living with it, and such a nation is not within their consciousnesses.

Quote:
No....we invest in their culture and their way of life. They want improved infrastructure, schools, hospitals, trade, etc. None of that requires colonizing the people. It certainly would not be a seamless and conflict free undertaking......but as Africans in America for the last 400 years.....we have to realize that we are essentially "white people" with black faces. What we know is what we learned from living under white rule for centuries. Hence, we would have to be cognizant of not simply being black versions of white colonizers.
If we go there with the intention of making their nations like America with a black face, then we are just "'white people' with black faces." You're going to build schools, infrastructure, hospitals--the same things the white colonials were supposed to do...based on changing their culture to match "technology, manufacturing, and exporting."

Everything you said in your earlier post, and you continue to say it, is nothing but a black version of white colonizers.

If we acknowledge that "what we know is what we learned from living under white rule for centuries," then we can't go over there with intentions of changing their economies or ways or life.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
My post was quoted but I do not understand the response. Care to elaborate?
I was basically pointing out the backlash that Kendrick Lamar and Tyrese got over their wives.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,552,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I was basically pointing out the backlash that Kendrick Lamar and Tyrese got over their wives.
By whom?

Old 03-20-2017, 06:50 PM

Quite a few, many black females were pissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.