Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,309,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It became established as Obama did nothing. Obama let it get stronger and did nothing but let it get established.. Obama indirectly founded it by letting it get established and bringing out our troops.
That's probably debatable, but does that matter though? Trump is saying that Obama is the founder, literally, not that he created an environment for ISIS to flourish; and that is what this thread is about. Many people have tried to say that he meant this or that, but Trump corrected them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 06:56 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,309,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
He's a reality actor and making up this campaign was a real stunt. He no more wants to be president than the man in the moon. Leave his Glass Tower!!!!!

I surely NEVER watched his reality show but millions of jerks did.
Lol. For the longest time I thought he was just trolling the Republican Party.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,357,056 times
This Trump ignorance is getting really really old and more and more disturbing.

It is appalling for a presidential candidate to be so ill-informed to the point of sounding unbalanced. Sickening also that people simply believe whatever comes out of his mouth without any of their own intellectual curiosity or research.

Trump is a simpleton conspiracy theorist who the phrase "educate yourself" was intended for.

"...ISIS was born out of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. When U.S. administrators, under Paul Bremer, decided to "de-Baathify" the Iraqi civil and military services, hundreds of thousands of Sunnis formerly loyal to Saddam Hussein were left without a job — and they were mad. Al Qaeda chose to capitalize on their anger and established al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) to wage an insurgency against U.S. troops in Iraq (Saddam was secular, but his intelligence and military supporters were able to make common cause with the jihadis of al Qaeda)..."

A brief history of ISIS

How A U.S. Prison Camp In Iraq Accidentally Formed ISIS

Did Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton create ISIS? - CNN.com

Old 08-11-2016, 07:39 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,476,735 times
I have it on good authority that this was a directive from his campaign. They just got their new atomic powered spin machines up and running. They were bragging to Trump that now they have something working that could spin his most rediculous utterances into something positive. They dared him to say something so stupid they couldn't spin it around. The Donald won the dare and his campaign is feverishly recalibrating their atomic spin machines.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM

6,204 posts, read 7,498,135 times
Quote:
Every day it's something more crazy from Trump's mouth.

If there is a Founder of Isis, we can pin that on Bush/Cheney for blowing up so much of the Middle East.
This is a stupid play with words. I think it's time for us to stop being shocked by everything that comes of Trumps mouth. Ignoring his declarations is the best. Beyond personal attacks he has nothing to say. At first, his rethoric helped him gain attention but now it pulls him down. People start understanding that.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:53 PM

16,571 posts, read 15,402,399 times
Quote:

If there is a Founder of Isis, we can pin that on Bush/Cheney for blowing up so much of the Middle East.
I don't disagree with that but remember Bush handed Iraq to Obama on a platter. They couldn't run to the podium fast enough to take credit for how wonderful Iraq has turned out. He just couldn't keep it. Plain and simple. As much as he prides surrounding himself with experts", in the end Obama showed how incompetent he is.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 PM

26,758 posts, read 15,323,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhorsewoman View Post
I think your Trump clarified today that he did ACTUALLY mean Obama founded ISIS.

Quote: “No, I meant he’s the founder of ISIS. I do,” Mr. Trump said. “He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton.”
You'd think a more articulate candidate would have said "no, not literally founded, but their blunders during their years in office led to its rise."

Instead, Trump goes all in, in a ridiculous manner.

I wonder if it is calculated knowing that the media will cover his words more if he phrases it that way and the possibility many will leave with a lesser impression of Hillary?!?!

Old 08-11-2016, 08:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOYdFaaQeLc

Old 08-11-2016, 08:30 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,993,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth
Well even though Trump is quite stupid he is right about this.... ISIS is a US created Entity made to scare ppl,etc......... (Mostly in this country..... Make them afraid,etc so the elite can then carry out more agendas)

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...resident-assad

Old 08-11-2016, 08:59 PM

Obama's ignorance is breathtaking despite surrounding himself with national security "experts." It is hard to see how much worse he could do if he just "watched the shows?"

- The day after ISIS takes Fallujah, he declares them the JV team

- Does not understand the geopolitics of Iraq to foresee that the Iranians will move in the second the US gets out. And they did

- To this day he claims ISIS is not Islamic but nobody asks him what is that I in ISIS stand for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies